All things Dundee FC

On 11/04/2020 at 12:43, GunnerBairn said:

#dunkirk 👍🏻

Could be -  or Dundee are playing a cute game. 

If they change their vote to yes and given revelations from ICT about the agreement with ICT & Partick they will forever be held in contempt by many in Scottish Football and especially in Inverness and the North of Glasgow.

Words like untrustworthy and dishonourable would seem appropriate. 

Dundee fans won't like it but fact is they will have broken an agreement without having the courtesy of advance notice to their partners. Can't get much lower than that! Think it's called 'a stab in the back'. 

On the other hand perhaps Dundee are trying to screw as much out of the SPFL while still intending to honour agreement with ICT & Partick. For example, immediate distribution of prize money and guarantees about restructuring the leagues or some other proposal. 

It will either be - well played Dundee or - you are  dishonourable, untrustworthy and Dundee's reputation will be forever tarnished. 

I hope Dundee behave honourably  as I have always had a soft spot for them. If not then I have made my last visit to Dens and the soft becomes a hard spot!  Not that it will make any difference to Dundee. 

Expect all will be revealed this week! 

13 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

they will forever be held in contempt by many in Scottish Football especially in Inverness and the North of Glasgow.

sarcastic johnny depp GIF

Tele is going with ‘pushing for a 14 team top league as it would benefit Dundee in the long run’

Appointing McPake sent the message that they didn’t think it would be a 1 year stay, so I doubt staying down changes the plan. (giving up on play offs, however)

Could be -  or Dundee are playing a cute game. 
If they change their vote to yes and given revelations from ICT about the agreement with ICT & Partick they will forever be held in contempt by many in Scottish Football and especially in Inverness and the North of Glasgow.
Dundee fans won't like it but fact is they will have broken an agreement without having the courtesy of advance notice to their partners. Can't get much lower than that! Think it's called 'a stab in the back'. 
On the other hand perhaps Dundee are trying to screw as much out of the SPFL while still intending to honour agreement with ICT & Partick. For example, immediate distribution of prize money and guarantees about restructuring the leagues or some other proposal. 
It will either be - well played Dundee or - you are  dishonourable, untrustworthy and Dundee's reputation will be forever tarnished. 
I hope Dundee behave honourably  as I have always had a soft spot for them. If not then I have made my last visit to Dens and the soft becomes a hard spot!  Not that it will make any difference to Dundee. 
Expect all will be revealed this week! 

Look Thistle are one of my favourite clubs and I don’t want you to go down but the agreement you talk of was a few key people at 3 clubs discussing strategy. It was hardly the Treaty of Rome. If Dundee wanted more time to think about it and ultimately change their mind, at least they did you the courtesy of giving it a reasonable amount of thought. We stand to gain very little from this debacle other than keeping the Arabs down, hopefully.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Look Thistle are one of my favourite clubs and I don’t want you to go down but the agreement you talk of was a few key people at 3 clubs discussing strategy. It was hardly the Treaty of Rome. If Dundee wanted more time to think about it and ultimately change their mind, at least they did you the courtesy of giving it a reasonable amount of thought. We stand to gain very little from this debacle other than keeping the Arabs down, hopefully.

You make fair and valid points. There are contradictions all over the place with who said what and when. You could follow a few different individuals and organisations statements and come to a different conclusion. That is disrespectful to other clubs and supporters of whoever they cheer on. Dundee FC through circumstances planned or unplanned hold the future of the game in their hands. Club statement urgently required now to give some certainty. 

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Accept its not the treat of Rome but the ICT step by step account clearly shows it was more than just a chat! 

You don't discuss presenting a 'unified/United front' as the result of a chat! You do this when you have reached an agreement. 

I would like to thank Dundee for at least taking it this far and for uniting with thistle up to a point - its much more than others have done. 

Anyway if Dundee vote yes don't worry you won't be alone in 'suffering' the withdrawal of my financial support and empathy! Raith Rovers, Forfar, St Mirren, Celtic and others are on the list which is growing daily. 

I know it won't make any difference to these clubs but it will make me feel better. 

Hopefully Dundee will honour the agreement and I will still be able to respect and like the club and continue to visit Dens - which I do even when Thistle are not the visitors! 

17 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

Accept its not the treat of Rome but the ICT step by step account clearly shows it was more than just a chat! 

You don't discuss presenting a 'unified/United front' as the result of a chat! You do this when you have reached an agreement. 

I would like to thank Dundee for at least taking it this far and for uniting with thistle up to a point - its much more than others have done. 

Anyway if Dundee vote yes don't worry you won't be alone in 'suffering' the withdrawal of my financial support and empathy! Raith Rovers, Forfar, St Mirren, Celtic and others are on the list which is growing daily. 

I know it won't make any difference to these clubs but it will make me feel better. 

Hopefully Dundee will honour the agreement and I will still be able to respect and like the club and continue to visit Dens - which I do even when Thistle are not the visitors! 

"The ICT step-by-step account" :lol:

I'm loving how many people are taking Scot Gardiner's word as gospel. The c**t is called spoofer for a reason.

Drysdale also told them that they had changed their mind due to the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

"The ICT step-by-step account" :lol:

I'm loving how many people are taking Scot Gardiner's word as gospel. The c**t is called spoofer for a reason.

Tbf is he thick enough to lie?

He once done an interview with a Scottish paper where he talked about having Crohns. He said he was embarrassed by it, and was trying his best to keep it a secret from everyone in Scottish football as he was worried it would people off hiring him in the future.

He doesnt seem the brightest.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

What if we vote 'yes', but get league reconstruction through which would save Partick?

35 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What if we vote 'yes', but get league reconstruction through which would save Partick?

As a thistle fan of course I'd take it. In the interim as we await Nelms coming out his bunker, imagine for a second how you would feel if Dundee were in thistles league position and you were awaiting Gerry Britton to call it....

As a thistle fan of course I'd take it. In the interim as we await Nelms coming out his bunker, imagine for a second how you would feel if Dundee were in thistles league position and you were awaiting Gerry Britton to call it....

Gerry’s Derried oot oh his nut, it would be a shoe in.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I am actually hoping that this is what Nelmes is doing so if he votes yes with this outcome in mind I would thank him and be very grateful for all things Dundee. Unfortunately I don't see what guarantees/assurances he can extract from the SPFL that would ensure delivery of league reconstruction. 

The above then takes me to my only problem with your comment and that would be one of trust - not with Nelmes/Dundee whom I am sure would be acting in good faith, but with the SPFL. After events of the last few days would you trust the SPFL? 

2 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

I am actually hoping that this is what Nelmes is doing so if he votes yes with this outcome in mind I would thank him and be very grateful for all things Dundee. Unfortunately I don't see what guarantees/assurances he can extract from the SPFL that would ensure delivery of league reconstruction. 

The above then takes me to my only problem with your comment and that would be one of trust - not with Nelmes/Dundee whom I am sure would be acting in good faith, but with the SPFL. After events of the last few days would you trust the SPFL? 

Tae be fair, naecunt wi half a brain would've trusted them afore this...