All things Dundee FC

My favourite strip was the "Argentina style" pale blue & white one. All I've got left now in my collection is the pale blue "j-search" away strip from the cup final, the UEFA cup one from the season after and the Sampdoria style away one. I did also have the hydro-electric away top with "The Dees" on the back of it, but some barstool stole it from my house while I was on holiday in about 2000!! They actually went through my drawers (ooooh, matron) and took it out and nicked it!!!!!

At least the burglar had taste.....

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

My favourite strip was the "Argentina style" pale blue & white one. All I've got left now in my collection is the pale blue "j-search" away strip from the cup final, the UEFA cup one from the season after and the Sampdoria style away one. I did also have the hydro-electric away top with "The Dees" on the back of it, but some barstool stole it from my house while I was on holiday in about 2000!! They actually went through my drawers (ooooh, matron) and took it out and nicked it!!!!!

At least the burglar had taste.....

shirt6.thumb.jpg.8801bf5c4804501e4f5730d31951962d.jpg

It was actually the earlier Sampdoria style one I had, the Kelly's Copiers one. Although, I think I no longer have it, due to a temperamental tumble dryer. The other tops I had when a kid were the lovely home one with the red and white diamonds down the sleeve (82-ish?), and the plain white away top the season before we had the home top with the red and white band around the middle - mid 80's, probably 84-85?

That top with the diamonds on the sleeve I thought was hideous at the time, but it is a bit of a retro classic now. I was just about the only Dundee fan at my school, all the rest were DABS, so would wear every time for PE, just to stand out from the tangerine minks that surrounded me!!

My favourite home kit was the Novafone one with the red and white stripes on the shoulders - that was the Tommy Coyne & Keith Wright era.

Edited by Spikethedee

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Unless it's a bespoke kit, it's likely to be a Dark Blue version of this (Based on Macron's kits and the wee flash on the corner of the strip):

Screenshot_20200407-150438_Chrome.jpg

I'm fairly certain it's a bespoke kit, given the way Nelms talked about it in the video Macron did with him.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm fairly certain it's a bespoke kit, given the way Nelms talked about it in the video Macron did with him.

I've not seen this. Can you send a link, please?

Purchased one also for Mrs TCM, you know for cup finals, relegating rivals etc. Never seen the light of day, lol.

In fairness she is a Stoke City Potter and supporting The Dees is an acquired taste, or so I've been told.

Regards                   416.thumb.JPG.edb22a4a20c05530e26dda5483ba02ac.JPG

Edit  ----   Some other shirts looked out from the back of the wardrobe.

419.thumb.JPG.5047dce0cd6ab7699aff745670c4c61a.JPG418.thumb.JPG.45c734630b7323d29753e15359b0cb84.JPG 

423.thumb.JPG.ab197c68fec925490fe40166b10c4016.JPG424.thumb.JPG.9040be99081042212466706755f4ce4f.JPG

Who recalls searching for their name on this one?417.thumb.JPG.f9142d162b0fa7366e1356aae51a04be.JPG

Edited by This Charming Man

I’ve no strips but I do have a T-Shirt showing two Dundee fans overlooking Dens.   They had a similar T-Shirt with 2 United fans overlooking Tannadice which if I remember correctly was half the price 🤣

03C5AAD3-7C70-45D2-B555-16078F474D88.jpeg

Edited by Shadow Play