All things Dundee FC

I don’t want Utd in admin, or any other club for that matter, well excluding Rangers 2.0 obviously. 

I genuinely believe Utd should be promoted if the season is cut short, others disagree with that, that’s perfectly fine. However, if the SPFL decide that this season never happened, or whatever daft decision they came to, meant Utd didn’t go up, I’d disagree, then laugh a good bit. 

I was originally hopeful that the season could be completed, but that’s probably very unlikely. I’ve no idea what those in charge will do, whatever option they take, people will be pissed off. 

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m quite happy to wait until Yenited die before football returns, thank you. 

There is a certain United poster that would accept that as long as United pay more than 6p in the pound. 😉

Edited by Shadow Play

I don’t want Utd in admin, or any other club for that matter, well excluding Rangers 2.0 obviously. 

I genuinely believe Utd should be promoted if the season is cut short, others disagree with that, that’s perfectly fine. However, if the SPFL decide that this season never happened, or whatever daft decision they came to, meant Utd didn’t go up, I’d disagree, then laugh a good bit. 

I was originally hopeful that the season could be completed, but that’s probably very unlikely. I’ve no idea what those in charge will do, whatever option they take, people will be pissed off. 

Rivalries to one side I'd have no issue with United being awarded the league - I'd be more concerned if they also promote ICT - that is not clear cut IMHO.

29 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Rivalries to one side I'd have no issue with United being awarded the league - I'd be more concerned if they also promote ICT - that is not clear cut IMHO.

I feel there's no way there'll be reconstruction, or else we would have had some indication about it from a reliable source. I too have no issue with the top team in a league get promoted, even if they were struggling like f**k in recent times.

Kind of interested in what a promotion battle with Hearts will be like, though I wouldn't feel overly positive about it just yet lol.

Should every team in lower divisions be promoted just because they happened to be sitting at the top when the league was halted?  Likewise, should every team sitting at the bottom of their league be relegated just because they were sitting at the bottom when the league was halted?

If the answer to the above questions is “NO” then who is going to decide which teams were ‘likely’ going to win their leagues and which teams were ‘likely’ going to be relegated?  In my humble opinion, it would be farcical to guess which teams were going to be champions and which teams were going to be relegated.  It is simply a non starter.

Should every team in lower divisions be promoted just because they happened to be sitting at the top when the league was halted?  Likewise, should every team sitting at the bottom of their league be relegated just because they were sitting at the bottom when the league was halted?

If the answer to the above questions is “NO” then who is going to decide which teams were ‘likely’ going to win their leagues and which teams were ‘likely’ going to be relegated?  In my humble opinion, it would be farcical to guess which teams were going to be champions and which teams were going to be relegated.  It is simply a non starter.

Although United are well clear the real problem is who gets relegated if they were declared champions - Hearts may be bottom but does it mean they would have been relegated if the season had been completed - I don't think anyone could confidently say.

Promotion going ahead - Fair for United, unfair on Hearts.

Reconstruction meaning 2 goes up - Fair on United and Hearts, ridiculously lucky for ICT and unfair on us.

No-one going up - Fair for Hearts, unfair for United.

Only one way to go IMO.

I’ve no problem with United being awarded the league title but I genuinely don’t think you can promote or relegate anyone if the season isn’t completed. Not everyone has played everyone the same number of times, home and away games, the season isn’t over. Covid 19 has fucked up a lot of things, lots of people will be hurt, be unlucky. Sadly for United fans, if I was making the decision (and other than it giving me great pleasure it’s them it wouldn’t matter who it is), it would be no promotion or relegation this season. If they’re good enough to go up and stay up they should cake the league next season anyway. Them’s the breaks, stay doon.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

1978 Billy Pirie, Jimmy Murphy and Eric Sinclair......

shirt4.thumb.jpg.1ee460ef8309599efc7eb58e1a825aba.jpg

The smartest strip ever - if you ignore how uncomfortable the material is 🤣.  You simply can’t go wrong with that design.  Apart from the old Coventry away strip of course!

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

The smartest strip ever - if you ignore how uncomfortable the material is 🤣.  You simply can’t go wrong with that design.  Apart from the old Coventry away strip of course!

One of my favourites was the 98/99 Hydro Electric one, I especially liked "The Dees" on the back, again so uncomfortable to wear.