All things Dundee FC

James McPake's interview with the Tele is cracking. Details a lot. Talks about having to take Diazepam every Thursday & Friday for 9 month just to play for Hibs.

Doesn't like speaking about his first goal much as it was against us in the season we were relegated.

Half jokingly says that Greg Stewart is on his wishlist for next season.

Calls Dave Mackay a muppet, but says he's a top coach.

He's confident and he speaks to Nelms daily (or through text) to bring players in for next season. Wants to add quality but have continuity.

Says that Steve Kean is the best coach he's worked under and it was him that gave him the coaching bug and again hails Chris Coleman as his best manager.

Lot of the usual stuff in there but admits he's been heavily relying on Strachan for advice. 

Says that Neil McCann gave him total freedom with the U18 squad. He asked McCann if he wanted him to use the same style as he was doing with the first team and McCann just gave him free reign.

36 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Just been outside at 8.00pm, a canny quiet cul-de-sac and most households were out applauding!

Stay safe y'all and best regards.1372743779_download(5).jpg.8eed2d8d51d067aea4d02670eb841705.jpg            PS, NO green markers for this posting, just applause again next week for all front-line care workers.

👏👏👏

My wife is an NHS theatre nurse and found last week really moving but could quite happily drop these applause nights week on week. She sees enough going on day to day in her work and just  wants it to end. Came home tonight, kicked back a couple of glasses of wine and at 8pm was in her bed. 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Just been outside at 8.00pm, a canny quiet cul-de-sac and most households were out applauding!

Stay safe y'all and best regards.1372743779_download(5).jpg.8eed2d8d51d067aea4d02670eb841705.jpg            PS, NO green markers for this posting, just applause again next week for all front-line care workers.

Fair enough if it's just the applause, but the idiot next doors son was out banging a pot lid with a wooden spoon, got right on my wick.

Thank you.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-23/

Dundee pretty much saying we do have insurance for this so we're covered. We will be using the furlough scheme in certain scenarios but all members of staff will get full pay regardless of what happens. We are about to launch our new strip, John Bennett has suspended rent payments on Dens and they will be refunding season ticket holders for games missed once this is all sorted.

What an envious position to be in supporting Dundee for once, would never have expected that.

Looks like Dele is spot on regards Dundee FC having the correct insurance to cover us in the pandemic going by the statement just issued on the official site. It’s called Business Interruption Insurance with specific additions of Notifiable Diseases and Prevention If Access to our Commercial Combined Insurance Policy which should allow the club to reimburse those losses incurred due to match cancellations. 

A massive well done to who got that insurance policy. 

Very reassuring (for a change) that we seem to have things covered financially and we really should name a lounge or pie stall after Mr. Bennett, he always seems to come through when we need him.
Anyway I've just spent around £100 on the away strip and a load of shite in the club shop to celebrate some good news. I can wait for delivery.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Very reassuring (for a change) that we seem to have things covered financially and we really should name a lounge or pie stall after Mr. Bennett, he always seems to come through when we need him.
Anyway I've just spent around £100 on the away strip and a load of shite in the club shop to celebrate some good news. I can wait for delivery.

Thank you.

The club can keep my season ticket money as well 👍

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

And the Daily Telegraph is now reporting Celtic are to be awarded the league but there will be NO promotion or relegation. Ha ha ha ha ha ha emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

Can't find this. Link me, please!

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

And the Daily Telegraph is now reporting Celtic are to be awarded the league but there will be NO promotion or relegation. Ha ha ha ha ha ha emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

The article is behind a paywall. If you have access could you summarise it?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/03/celtic-awarded-premiership-title-no-league-expansion-spfl-negotiate/

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

That would be a right hoot

Twiiit twoo.

Spoiler

Owl Cushion Knitting Patterns | Etsy

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The article is behind a paywall. If you have access could you summarise it?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/03/celtic-awarded-premiership-title-no-league-expansion-spfl-negotiate/

Of course the second I go back on it I can read the whole article...