All things Dundee FC

Why are you a Dee?

Third generation now and proud, although my daughter and step-sons are not interested! Maybe something to do with my experience, however I would refute this.

First game?

A League Cup group game at Dens against Ayr United in mid 70's, we were thumped 4-2!

Where do you sit?

South Enclosure of course, albeit migrated to the Bobby Cox Stand for 6 years after it's opening.

Longest you've travelled to watch the Dee?

Only around Scotland over the years.

Ever missed work/event to watch the Dee?

Actually used to attend even when on work Emergency Standby when not required. I do recall though just arriving as a minute's silence commenced prior to a game then being in a cold sweat due to a personal and work mobile plus a pager not being on silent. Thankfully no incident.

Favourite ever player?

Temuri Ketsbaia

Most enjoyable game?

The 1-0 Sunday night derby victory at Tannadice. Attended this one with a neighbour as my good mate would not give the smeggers the ticket price as it was also on Sky.

Packed Dark Blue Shed exploded as James Grady let rip late on after The Dee having to defend most of the game. Absolute bedlam!!!!!!

Best goal seen live?   

Probably Dariusz Adamczuk's mazy end to end run at McDiarmid for sheer perseverance .

Favourite away stadium?

None of them for me. Although Tannadice was particularly good when Paul Sturrock, Alec Smith and Ian McCall were there.  

Worst away stadium?

East Stirlingshire's Firs Park.  Good day though as we clinched promotion there on the last day of the season. 

Worst player?

For compelling and remarkable consistency for a complete lack of concentration, Kevin Gomis.

Left Dens and subsequently signed for Grand Quevilly FC in the 6th level in France! No further comment required.

Best regards as always.

10 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Best goal seen live?   

Probably Dariusz Adamczuk's mazy end to end run at McDiarmid for sheer perseverance .

What a goal that was, probably better than Maradona's mazy against Engerlund. IMO.

Speaking of Maradona, the film 4 documentary on him recently is well worth a watch.

Thank you.

48 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

First game?

A League Cup group game at Dens against Ayr United in mid 70's, we were thumped 4-2!

TCM, I said in my earlier reply that my first game was against Ayr United in the early 70s.  I do remember we lost and I wonder if your first game was the same as mine?  Surely we couldn’t have been beaten by Ayr United twice at home in the same decade?

Edited by Shadow Play

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

TCM, I said in my earlier reply that my first game was against Ayr United in the early 70s.  I do remember we lost and I wonder if your first game was the same as mine?  Surely we couldn’t have been beaten by Ayr United twice at home in the same decade?

Hi Shadow, this Ayr United League Cup game would be July or August 1975 just before the first Premier Division season kicking off.

My first season, relegation for fvcks sake after finishing level on points with Aberdeen and Dundee United with 32 points from 36 games (2 points for a win).

Here we are though, 45 years later, Dark Blue and still as proud as the first game, albeit a tad more weary, lol.

Regards

Edited by This Charming Man

No, no and no again to Simon Murray.
What would he bring to the table that Nelson doesn't? Both have pace and run about daft - that's the limit of Murray's talent. Now I rate Nelson, but understand how some don't, but you can't tell me Murray would bring more to the table.
According to wiki..
Nelson 31 games 6 goals
Murray 13 games 3goals.

Personally I dont think Nelson offers an awful lot so if he was binned he wouldnt be a miss.

However Murray is not the answer.

It's a no from me

James McPake is clearly a traditionalist and he didn't want Dundee to go down as league winners wearing all Dark Blue, so he's been holding off until next season. Completely understandable.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.png.747a833b35232410dbfa75acae86a973.png

Excellent Ross, that's a major issue for next season rectified, club colour identification for starters.

Rather than play in a crap strip design that's been in a mixed wash at the wrong temperature, or so it would certainly appear!

Suggestion below for next season for starters.

Concerning days and regards for next season.sco_dundee_fc_1_0203.gif.02f8325269c628c29712bbca90258449.gif

9 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Excellent Ross, that's a major issue for next season rectified, club colour identification for starters.

Rather than play in a crap strip design that's been in a mixed wash at the wrong temperature, or so it would certainly appear!

Suggestion below for next season for starters.

Concerning days and regards for next season.sco_dundee_fc_1_0203.gif.02f8325269c628c29712bbca90258449.gif

No red on the home shirt IMO. We're dark blue and white.

Personally love the Sampdoria shirt design, if I had it my way we'd have worn our Speroni testimonial kits as actual kits.

Image result for dundee fc testimonial

Also would love to see another crack at this away kit. Problem with both kits though is that I think the gold crest completes them both, and they won't be using it any time soon.

image.png.dc1f48ecf2e6eab8d343d91c89b789a7.png

Blue, white and red at home.

White, blue and red away imho.

Question for the "manager", this one regarding ex Dark Blues out of contract this summer.

Craig Forsyth, Andrew Shinnie and obvs Charlie Adam, lol. Any one of these, if match fit, could make a massive difference to us for next season.

Personally would prefer Charlie Adam also in the management team with the apparently ineffectual Jimmy Nichol out on his arse.

James McPake requires professional assistance!

All about opinions, regards.

5 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Blue, white and red at home.

White, blue and red away imho.

Question for the "manager", this one regarding ex Dark Blues out of contract this summer.

Craig Forsyth, Andrew Shinnie and obvs Charlie Adam, lol. Any one of these, if match fit, could make a massive difference to us for next season.

Personally would prefer Charlie Adam also in the management team with the apparently ineffectual Jimmy Nichol out on his arse.

James McPake requires professional assistance!

All about opinions, regards.

Craig Forsyth has apparently been a revelation for Derby at CH since he's came back from injury. His legs must be gone (With some seriously nasty injuries that he's lucky to be coming back from!) as whilst his height was always key for our goal kicks, it was his legs and energy that made him such an asset for us.

Checking out this site http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dundee/Dundee.htm it seems the red was introduced in 1952 with the socks, so the red is probably acceptable. I like the 1971-72 kit, absolute class.