All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, harry94 said:
1 hour ago, RawB93 said:
At risk of over-saturating the thread with teasers;
Williams>O'Hara>Loy
Name that goal.

Opener V County away in the first game of the season? Duffy and Williams looked genuinely good that day.

Spot on, Harry.

I remember thinking how balanced we looked as a team without Stewart. :lol:

Over to you.

34 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

No, but tne highland league have awarded the title to Brora. Sets a precedent imo.

Thank You.

'Highland league'

Getting desperate now Zoomer?

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

56 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

No, but tne highland league have awarded the title to Brora. Sets a precedent imo.

Thank You.

In fairness, it's much easier for them to do that as there's no relegation from that league downwards. We're yet to see how a league that does have relegation handles the situation.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, Zoomer Brown said:

Thank You.

:lol:

"Guys, we're thinking of making an all new, 16 team top league. Does anyone have any argument for or against or any ideas what we should do moving forward?" 

"I think we should ask Alfred McGoochie from Tobermory what to do. He's Highland League secretary." 

On 20/03/2020 at 20:22, Spikethedee said:

Got bored at work today and saw this on Twitter - apologies if it was started by someone here (or it's been done before on our 3000 page thread!), but I enjoyed the challenge!!

Top Dundee XI, but with a catch - only 1 player per nationality! Any feasible formation - so no 1-1-8!!

My 4-3-3: (from my time going regularly to Dens)

Kyle Letheren (Wales)

Matt Lockwood (England)

Brent Sancho (Trinidad & Tobago)

Kosta Gadzhalov (Bulgaria)

Marco Di Marchi (Italy)

Dariusz Adamczuk (Poland)

Georgi Nemsadze (Georgia)

Morten Wieghorst (Denmark)

Nacho Novo (Spain)

Claudio Caniggia (Argentina)

Greg Stewart (Scotland)

Subs:

Michel Pageuad (France)

Jonay Hernandez (Venezuela)

James McPake (N Ireland)

Glenn Kamara (Finland)

Mark Robertson (Australia)

Marcus Haber (Canada)

Tommy Coyne (Ireland)

Speroni, Caballero, Zurab & Artero miss out by virtue of their compatriots.

Any better ones??

After looking at the replies, I'll amend my team to the following:

Letheren

Lockwood

Di Marchi

Gadzhalov

Vrto

Wieghorst

Nemsadze

Adamczuk

Stewart

Caniggia

Novo

Subs

Pageaud

Konrad

Kamara

Robertson

Curier

Coyne

That front 6 would have been a dream to watch...

Pageaud being on the bench for Letheren is the travesty of a lifetime.

Letheren could produce wonderful saves from time to time but wasn't really near good enough to be starting in the top flight.

Pageaud loved a flashy save and wasn't immune from howlers, but gloves aff for penalties, and just a top notch keeper.

46 minutes ago, Dele said:

:lol:

"Guys, we're thinking of making an all new, 16 team top league. Does anyone have any argument for or against or any ideas what we should do moving forward?" .. 

"I think we should ask Alfred McGoochie from Tobermory what to do. He's Highland League secretary." 

Taking Balamory out of the equation and the fact the recently formed other Glasgow football club has now already achieved progression to the top division.

The only correct decision which retains total professional sporting integrity is for this season to be classed as null and void. 

Leave as is and recommence afresh from scratch, when applicable to do so next season. All four divisions that is.

Any other outcome leaves generic Scottish Football an international laughing stock!!!!!!!!!!    As per usual unfortunately due to the decision makers currently in office.

Best regards     

When we were kids playing football in the park and it was getting dark the common shout was  “Next goal’s the winner“.  

In these strange times why don’t we just reverse that, work out who the last team to score in the Championship was and declare them champions.  It’s about as fair as declaring teams the champions with about a quarter of the season to go.

Edited by Shadow Play

When we were kids playing football in the park and it was getting dark the common shout was  “Next goal’s the winner“.  

In these strange times why don’t we just reverse that, work out who the last team to score in the Championship was and declare them champions.  It’s about as fair as declaring teams the champions with about a quarter of the season to go.

As long as it wasn’t the Dayglo cuñts!

My honest opinion is it has to be a null and void season. I’m sure the DABS agree, sporting integrity has always been at the top of their agenda after all.

Doon, stay doon.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pageaud being on the bench for Letheren is the travesty of a lifetime.

Letheren could produce wonderful saves from time to time but wasn't really near good enough to be starting in the top flight.

Pageaud loved a flashy save and wasn't immune from howlers, but gloves aff for penalties, and just a top notch keeper.

Have to disagree - was never really sold on Pageaud. He's only on the bench because Speroni had to  be left out for Caniggia and Kelvin Jack was the only other candidate (cue "Schenk was a great goalie" posts from DABS). Letheren was a solid, decent keeper and Welsh, which helps immensely for this scenario!!

In fairness and with careful consideration prior to posting. Due to the current very serious, not to be ignored ongoing national health issues, any alternative light-hearted and very amusing diversions are all gratefully received at this time.

"Hibernian Scottish Cup games show Dundee United need to strengthen",  source - Dundee United head coach (not manager apparently) Robbie Neilson on a BBC article issued earlier today.

Titter ye not and safe regards to all.1141689730_images(17).jpg.c1d7eea58803be0bdec57c3f68d78123.jpg

Have to disagree - was never really sold on Pageaud. He's only on the bench because Speroni had to  be left out for Caniggia and Kelvin Jack was the only other candidate (cue "Schenk was a great goalie" posts from DABS). Letheren was a solid, decent keeper and Welsh, which helps immensely for this scenario!!

I’m with Ludo - Pageaud was fucking magic. Driving through France over the years I’ve been tempted to track him down. I loved the guy - but his debut was horrendous.
Thinking about this a bit. We’ve had some good left backs down the years but Tosher was bloody brilliant. He’s very close to being my ‘Scottish’ player in such a team. A wand of a left foot.
Stay safe Dees and avoid the Merlin.