All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The latest is the season has to be completed by June 30th. Whoever makes the playoff final from the Championship has 15 games left to play this season. Add in a mini preseason when the players return of at least 2 weeks by my reckoning that’ll be 10 weeks worth of football. If the season hasn’t restarted by April 21st I highly doubt there will be enough time to finish the season and it’ll be null and void. From where we are right now there’s no way we’ll be playing football in 5 weeks. 

Absolutely spot on Yenitit, there again whilst not being a betting man, I dread to imagine the odds of the SFA actually making a SMART decision, lol.

Best regards, and here's to next season hopefully commencing on time! This one is clearly null and void, however unpalatable that may be to some.

735081056_download(21).jpg.23341976f22aeee7946daafa82497fdb.jpg 

The fact the language is "completed by..", and that it is highly unlikely any more competitive games are going to be played, I think that they are saying the current table is final.

I'm also going to assume that means because no games can be played there will be no play offs either. Just automatic promotion/relegation.

I obviously hope this isn't the case.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

The fact the language is "completed by..", and that it is highly unlikely any more competitive games are going to be played, I think that they are saying the current table is final.

I'm also going to assume that means because no games can be played there will be no play offs either. Just automatic promotion/relegation.

I obviously hope this isn't the case.

I think you are reading too much into that - at least I hope so! 

I assume they mean that if the season cannot be completed by that date, they will have to implement a Plan B otherwise it will affect next season too.  

Right lads, as an honorary Dee and in these times of hardship, we cannot let the club struggle with no income. So what I propose is I'll open a "holding account" and anyone who wants to input some cash, ideally just the regular gate money, but more if you're that way inclined, can do so with complete faith and anonymity and I'll pass it on to the club when the real hard times hit. Let's get that Deefiant spirit going and hopefully we keep this great club afloat to see our magnificent new stadium.

PM me for details.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Right lads, as an honorary Dee and in these times of hardship, we cannot let the club struggle with no income. So what I propose is I'll open a "holding account" and anyone who wants to input some cash, ideally just the regular gate money, but more if you're that way inclined, can do so with complete faith and anonymity and I'll pass it on to the club when the real hard times hit. Let's get that Deefiant spirit going and hopefully we keep this great club afloat to see our magnificent new stadium.

PM me for details.

Is that a 'holding account' in the Father Ted sense? 

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

PM me for details.

Great idea, something I’m looking to do myself, as in handing in gate money for the remaining home games. 

HOWEVER I DON’T TRUST YOU TAM. 

Thank you x

Hearing NHS Tayside‘s current plan of action is to treat the pandemic as something that will last 28 weeks and yesterday was classed as the 8th week of that window with the peak of the problem to be week 17. We are effectively looking at another 4 months of this. Football might well be off a lot longer than we thought although it’s not important and certainly nowhere near as important as someone’s health. 

Let's say this proposal hypothetically goes ahead... Hearts would get to stay up and ICT would go up for nothing which is shite. The league we'd be faced with would be the following next season:

Dundee

Ayr United

Arbroath

Dunfermline Athletic

Greenock Morton

Alloa Athletic

Queen of the South

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Airdrieonians

Montrose

East Fife

Dumbarton

Looks like a very winnable (and not at all profitable) league. I'm sure we'd find a way to f**k it up as per usual though.

Also, f**k the idea of no non-league connection to the SPFL.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Let's say this proposal hypothetically goes ahead... Hearts would get to stay up and ICT would go up for nothing which is shite. The league we'd be faced with would be the following next season:

Dundee

Ayr United

Arbroath

Dunfermline Athletic

Greenock Morton

Alloa Athletic

Queen of the South

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Airdrieonians

Montrose

East Fife

Dumbarton

Looks like a very winnable (and not at all profitable) league. I'm sure we'd find a way to f**k it up as per usual though.

Also, f**k the idea of no non-league connection to the SPFL.

Oh well, there goes the sporting integrity theory to prevent any potentially damaging legal challenges.

For the record, I'm with Sergeant Wilson on this one.

Regards                                           330514711_download(22).jpg.d93cc961a6adf82de545e86b7da0089e.jpg