All things Dundee FC

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If (and it’s a big if) United were awarded the title without the season finishing this thread will be worth a watch.

Wouldn't bother me to be honest.  Celtic, DABS, Liverpool - its a 'whatever' for me. The real minefield is play-offs and missed promotions and cancelled relegations.  Down in England the pay-off for gettng from the Championship to the Premiership is enormous.  We aren't close of course as far as money goes but there are significant financial gain and loss going on there.

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Wouldn't bother me to be honest.  Celtic, DABS, Liverpool - its a 'whatever' for me. The real minefield is play-offs and missed promotions and cancelled relegations.  Down in England the pay-off for gettng from the Championship to the Premiership is enormous.  We aren't close of course as far as money goes but there are significant financial gain and loss going on there.

You, sir, are a voice of reason in a quagmire of speculation.  

16 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

The amount of money floating around the two top tiers in English football is obscene. Any impact on them is a good thing IMO.

15 hours ago, Yenitit said:

...but it isn’t beyond all reasonable doubt. 

Worth remembering that beyond reasonable doubt is a thing in criminal cases but in civil isn't it based on balance of probability - any claims arising from this situation would be a civil case?  That would probably allow Celtic  to take the title and Utd to go up. but who would come down - the relegation issue isn't near to being clear and that's just the situation for the top league.  Lawyers will be rubbing their hands and egging on the SPFL to play Mystic Meg and start  awarding titles and promotions and relegations based on a "well, it's only fair and any reasonable person would agree with us" kind of thinking.

Null and void is the way unless UEFA come in and make a decision on behalf of all of us.  

As minor an issue as it is right now, I hope we wear that red kit at some point next season.

Hadn’t thought about that. We’ve had players that have never played, but could we become the first club to have a kit that was never worn?

Couldn't they increase the length of the season from whenever it starts again to next may? I thought I seen a headline saying serie a were considering it but couldn't be arsed reading it. The downside is it would be very boring if it wasn't competitive.

6 hours ago, stu2910 said:

but could we become the first club to have a kit that was never worn?

Could be a collectors piece in the future. I'm going round to the club shop tomorrow to panic buy the whole stock.

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Could be a collectors piece in the future. I'm going round to the club shop tomorrow to panic buy the whole stock.

Thank you.

1685333929_images(14).jpg.e46910be3d1bacbde5f630ed42fce2ad.jpg                   I'd set that alarm early my good man Biggie, the queues have already started in the city centre.

Early bird regards

27 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I wouldn’t bother if I was you Biggie:

D0EDA7A0-4680-4E33-B1C8-41EF79DDA19B.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Top tune Shadow, worth a play....

Recall this REM gem was in the charts when we hit the first administration, pissed off when not played prior to the following home game, the Hearts League Cup Bobby Linn 1-0 victory at Dens!! 

Saw them at Balloch Country Park in 2005, awesome performance!!

Best regards2094913322_download(20).jpg.8a081c41d2b94f23962cbe45e1f1ed8d.jpg 

Edited by This Charming Man

15 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Stand by for 100+ DABS making "hilarious" "saves having to use toilet roll" jokes....

Edited by Spikethedee

The dab in the work, who just happens to be one of the tightest men in the world asked me what’ll happen with his season ticket money this morning because he’s paid for 4 more home games that don’t look like getting played. Never replied, just gave a wee smirk only for him to continue “no that I’m that bothered about it but some people will.” Maggots the lot of them!

Just watched about an hour of the game that's been made free to view on the website where we beat a United 3-1 at Dens under Hartley. 

In years since I've mixed up a few things. I thought Thomson cemented Nadir in the first few seconds. He just puts him up in the air, it's the tackle he puts in 10 seconds later that's a beauty and when I turned to my mate and says "we've won this". 

A brilliant first 30 minutes, both teams just going for it end to end. Mental. 

Greg Stewart's pass for Herrernan is a thing of beauty. 

Saft Feet just controlling the game from deep and looking fucking stunning whilst doing it :wub:

To think folk had the cheek to abuse him. 

Watching that then this shows how far both clubs have fallen in a relatively short time. 

Apologies for highlighting yet again a new article on BBC Scottish Sport.

"The Scottish FA says it is committed to finishing this season's Scottish Cup in front of fans, and it's preference is for the season as a whole to be completed".

As my late father would have eloquently I may say, probably commented, these people are further away than their first shite. 

Current reality obviously does not come knocking for these SFA fellows on a regular basis, or at all for that matter, imho.

Regards     

Edited by This Charming Man

The latest is the season has to be completed by June 30th. Whoever makes the playoff final from the Championship has 15 games left to play this season. Add in a mini preseason when the players return of at least 2 weeks by my reckoning that’ll be 10 weeks worth of football. If the season hasn’t restarted by April 21st I highly doubt there will be enough time to finish the season and it’ll be null and void. From where we are right now there’s no way we’ll be playing football in 5 weeks. 

Edited by Yenitit