All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, srw said:

Yes. Without any doubt IMO. 

You don't know what could've happened in those last 8/9 games for any club. I am certainly not saying it w likely, but the fact that it was possible (aided by United's recent form - 1 home win in 9) for a team to catch them. If it isn't mathematically certain, how is it fair to any other team? And don't get me started on the relegation factor...

In short, the only solution is to expand the Prem to 16 teams, keeps everyone happy.

Of course Dundee United could have blown it, but that's not the point. They haven't won the league. Saying that is just plan wrong. It's not a bad opinion or anything. It's wrong. They have not won the league. If they had, they'd have been crowned champions before this hit.

Probability shouldn't be coming into it here, because then you'd need to apply different rules to different leagues, which yet again, opens ANOTHER can of worms, on top of the one they'd be opening already.

I think keep the points differences and start a new season.

So United would be 59 minus the Patrick points tally (26) , so they would start a new season with +33 points

Inverness would be 45 minus minus 26 so would be +19

Dundee would be +15 and so on.

Thistle would start at 0 points like a new campaign.

That way this season's efforts aren't in vain and everyone still has an advantage based on the seasons form.

Apply that to every league and the only issue would be not getting a name on a cup, but you still carry that lead you had the previous season. Removes any guess work.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

I think keep the points differences and start a new season.

So United would be 59 minus the Patrick points tally (26) , so they would start a new season with +33 points

Inverness would be 45 minus minus 26 so would be +19

Dundee would be +15 and so on.

Thistle would start at 0 points like a new campaign.

That way this season's efforts aren't in vain and everyone still has an advantage based on the seasons form.

Apply that to every league and the only issue would be not getting a name on a cup, but you still carry that lead you had the previous season. Removes any guess work.

I agree, I have mentioned this a couple of times.

Page 3000!! Woo hoo. 

Nothing to add on the corona virus situation, except to say that games should be played when the pandemic is over and if that isn’t until September, or whenever, The is be it. 

Still, 3000 pages, box office legends!!!

There would've been more pages if Radford hadn't of soaked his knickers in an online temper tantrum.

Hard to believe it was 2014 and the drips still fall from his clothes line.

Good to see a few that remember them times - Sebu, the cowdenbeath arseholes, VirgonTon, Headsgone thread etc, still posting.

Far better times on P&B but we soldier on- the  null and void announcement has the potential to top them all.

Thank you.

UEFA will come out and say all leagues for the season 2019/20 will be null and void due to unprecedented circumstances. It’ll be deemed the fairest outcome, which it obviously is, due to so many different issues or basically all Championships, promotions, relegations still to be decided.

Ajax level with AZ Alkamar at the top of the Dutch league with an 8 goal better goal difference aren’t going to be given the title with 9 games to go, Juve a point clear in Italy aren’t going to get the league title. Bayern 4 clear in Germany aren’t getting the title and that’s just a quick look at the top league’s in Europe. If the games aren’t started by a certain date say mid April then the season will be done. We could possibly have 15 games left to play plus the players will need to go through a preseason when they return so that’s 10 weeks of football minimum. Can’t automatically relegate teams because they are bottom with a quarter of the season to go, promote them because they are in the playoff positions, not get a shot at promotion because they aren’t in the playoff positions. It’s the fairest and sensible  outcome. Yeah us going up automatically because we are currently in a playoff position would be great but piss poor on Arbroath for example who can still catch us and have had a fantastic season. 

Fwiw I think we would’ve got into the playoff final with a shot at promotion and could’ve possibly beaten Hamilton or Ross County over 2 legs because we appear to finally see progress on the park and are coming into form at right time of the season but I think it wouldn’t be right because it would be hugely unfair on others and wouldn’t take any pride in it. Arbroath could quite possibly catch us, I doubt it but it isn’t beyond all reasonable doubt. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

It would be an easier decision to hand United the title if raith or falkirk were running away with the league. As this is not happening, i cant see united being given the league.

There’s  also the same problems at the bottom of the league. It’s not all about titles and promotions. 

There’s  also the same problems at the bottom of the league. It’s not all about titles and promotions. 

I dont think there are any relegation battles are as clear cut as the promotions. Aside from league one, every other league is pretty much sown up. United were in shite form but no other team would be able to capitalise on it (luckily for them). I wouldnt like to be the one deciding what to do

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

I see a new article this evening on BBC highlighting the SPFL are under increasing pressure to declare the current campaign null and void.

No League 2 relegation for Brechin City, no Heart of Midlothian in our league, no title for Dundee United unfortunately, lol.

Cold light of day, probably grossly unfair depending upon your viewpoint, however what's not to like?

For once, self-interested regards.

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If (and it’s a big if) United were awarded the title without the season finishing this thread will be worth a watch.

If Utd don't go up your thread will be 1000 times the entertainment value of this one if you do. I'll be up for nights on end multi-quoting every single cocky post that was getting posted around November time and it will be fucking glorious. 

This.

For United to go up, Hearts would have to come down - and that would be pretty unfair. Allied to the fact that the Jambos carry more clout than the dayglos, I am pretty confident it will be ‘stay doon’ for the DABs.

And it’s fucking hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣

UEFA will come out and say all leagues for the season 2019/20 will be null and void due to unprecedented circumstances. It’ll be deemed the fairest outcome, which it obviously is, due to so many different issues or basically all Championships, promotions, relegations still to be decided.

Ajax level with AZ Alkamar at the top of the Dutch league with an 8 goal better goal difference aren’t going to be given the title with 9 games to go, Juve a point clear in Italy aren’t going to get the league title. Bayern 4 clear in Germany aren’t getting the title and that’s just a quick look at the top league’s in Europe. If the games aren’t started by a certain date say mid April then the season will be done. We could possibly have 15 games left to play plus the players will need to go through a preseason when they return so that’s 10 weeks of football minimum. Can’t automatically relegate teams because they are bottom with a quarter of the season to go, promote them because they are in the playoff positions, not get a shot at promotion because they aren’t in the playoff positions. It’s the fairest and sensible  outcome. Yeah us going up automatically because we are currently in a playoff position would be great but piss poor on Arbroath for example who can still catch us and have had a fantastic season. 

Fwiw I think we would’ve got into the playoff final with a shot at promotion and could’ve possibly beaten Hamilton or Ross County over 2 legs because we appear to finally see progress on the park and are coming into form at right time of the season but I think it wouldn’t be right because it would be hugely unfair on others and wouldn’t take any pride in it. Arbroath could quite possibly catch us, I doubt it but it isn’t beyond all reasonable doubt. 

I hope you’re right that UEFA make the decision.

I don’t really mind what the outcome is as there is no perfect solution that makes everyone happy, but if UEFA declare that it’s for individual countries to decide how their leagues finish then regardless of what the SFA/SPFL choose there will be one half of Glasgow that takes them to court for “supporting the other side” and all focus will be on that for the next 50 years. That’s the last thing we need at a time when any other club in the country could need all the help they can get just to survive.

2 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I hope you’re right that UEFA make the decision.

I don’t really mind what the outcome is as there is no perfect solution that makes everyone happy, but if UEFA declare that it’s for individual countries to decide how their leagues finish then regardless of what the SFA/SPFL choose there will be one half of Glasgow that takes them to court for “supporting the other side” and all focus will be on that for the next 50 years. That’s the last thing we need at a time when any other club in the country could need all the help they can get just to survive.

It would be thrown out in court as nobody has rightfully won anything.