All things Dundee FC

Is it too optimistic to think that the club might have some kind of insurance policy that will pay out if fixtures get abandoned and gate money can't be used to pay wages etc??

This would, of course, rely on the club :

a) having such a policy

b) having paid all the premiums on such a policy

c) not having got a policy with some kind of exemption for this circumstance

&

d) remembering to claim off such a policy.

So, in short, not likely....

26 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Is it too optimistic to think that the club might have some kind of insurance policy that will pay out if fixtures get abandoned and gate money can't be used to pay wages etc??

This would, of course, rely on the club :

a) having such a policy

b) having paid all the premiums on such a policy

c) not having got a policy with some kind of exemption for this circumstance

&

d) remembering to claim off such a policy.

So, in short, not likely....

I imagine a lot of the wee clubs in the 1st and 2nd Division are checking for that right now (if they could afford such cover in the first place)

5 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

I'm not so sure about suing football authorities.  I could see a scenario where top of the league teams are deemed champions/promoted but play-offs are voided (just my view - all sorts of possibilities could be looked at)

I know on paper that would kick up a storm but we are dealing here with a virus that kills people.  I reckon clubs would be leaned on to take it on the chin. 

That's fine for Celtic, United and Cove who are over 10 points clear at the top, but what about Falkirk who are currently only 1 point behind Raith with far superior goal difference? Falkirk also would have had the easiest fixture this weekend had the games gone ahead, meaning delaying the decision by a day would have been the difference between them getting promoted or not, something the entire livelihood of the club is dependant on.

The whole thing is an absolute shit storm with no easy solutions.

Apparently Broughty Ferry Health Centre  has just been closed after lots of positive Coronavirus cases, shit just got real people. 

Shit was real a very long time ago. Unfortunately the powers at be didn’t (and still haven’t) act(ed).

Neat AI Story/Text generator that I play around with sometimes; I typed "Corona Virus and Dundee United aren't getting along" as a prompt and it gave me this:

Corona Virus and Dundee United aren't getting along over what some have called 'home advantage.'

While the ongoing legal dispute could be resolved soon, the sense of mistrust runs so deep that even the match-day proceedings will be slightly hampered by the absence of an official.

A lawsuit last month between the long-time rivals over home advantage angered Dundee United manager Jackie McNamara.

Last week, the High Court in Glasgow granted a final injunction in an attempt to stop next month's meeting.

"Every time a crowd goes behind one goal that is a step towards us gaining that superiority over them," said United boss Jackie McNamara.

"We have to go a lot deeper than that with one-goal games

Make of that what you will. 😛

PS. Here's the link to the generator: https://talktotransformer.com/?fbclid=IwAR3WnaLEiPZMZVAFPwggstPLNmzqky7mNtPuHWkqwIDt8Wz7D40M9HLCIgQ

25 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

China should’ve been shut off to the world at the outbreak, easy to say that now right enough. 

Should have been cut off from the world before the let Fan Zhiyi loose on the place, tbh. 

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Apparently Broughty Ferry Health Centre  has just been closed after lots of positive Coronavirus cases, shit just got real people. 

Yeah, just saw that as well. Meal booked on Sunday evening in a well known river-view Broughty Ferry hostelry.

Elderly very close relatives due to attend, not now it would appear, will now be catering at home for all with Mrs TCM.

Best regards to all, regardless of local football colours. 

Edit to Yenitit, no further comment.

Live long and prosper my friends. 

Edited by This Charming Man

This is terrible news for everyone. Contracts have to be paid, but income has gone. The 2nd Derby would have been worth a lot to us, never mind the money from the rest of home games and the playoffs.  Hopefully we are insured. If not, then I can only imagine redundancy and drastic cost cutting. Time to buy some product from the Dundee shop, online of course. 

Season tickets are out. If you can afford it this early and want to back Keyes (Not just Dundee) then buy one. Club merchandise means we only get a percentage of the profit or nothing at all if we've sold the rights for a lump sum like we've done in the past.

Tickets are where it's at. Understandable considering the circumstances if you're not keen on doing that.

This is where DEETV comes into play. Perfect time to buy this if you want to support the club - and might factor into our upcoming games - it'll at least fill the gap in the meantime.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Season tickets are out. If you can afford it this early and want to back Keyes (Not just Dundee) then buy one. Club merchandise means we only get a percentage of the profit or nothing at all if we've sold the rights for a lump sum like we've done in the past.

Tickets are where it's at. Understandable considering the circumstances if you're not keen on doing that.

This is where DEETV comes into play. Perfect time to buy this if you want to support the club - and might factor into our upcoming games - it'll at least fill the gap in the meantime.

Governments tend to drip feed bad news.  That is understandable to avoid panic.  This pandemic is far from over with recent projections suggesting the peak of this CURRENT wave being May / June.  

We are only just starting our journey.  I genuinely can’t see any football taking place for many months.  There will be clubs that will not survive this.  The landscape will likely look very different when we finally emerge from this.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It would be more helpful if the club indicated if they’d like next season’s ticket money now or would prefer a steady stream of money coming in through tickets sales over the next few months. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

It would be more helpful if the club indicated if they’d like next season’s ticket money now or would prefer a steady stream of money coming in through tickets sales over the next few months. 

I assume they launched the season tickets for next season because they want your money as quickly as possible and that was before all this was going on.

Just sent an email out to the SPFL questioning the integrity of the competitions if there was to be promotions or relegations in the case of this bat-crunching episode lasting longer than expected.

A storm lies ahead and through it lies the beaten, skint carcass of the DABs. With a big fat puddle of Hooleys tears whisking us into the 2020/21 season. The cannonball was always a favourite at the old Olympia but this is sure to take the thrill up a notch.

Through the storm will come an absolute clusterfuck that could only be matched by listening to Fast Eddie whilst on acid. The heart rate of the DABs will come to a stop when the null and void announcement is made and that is the real worry for NHS staff at the minute. Trying to pump the life into a colossus like Granny Danger will take new technology although the skeleton can be used to replace the decaying McManus gallery blue whale. Those over eighty which covers 90% of Tannadice attendees are particularly in danger when the announcement is made.

Stick that in your soup and eat it you fuds.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92