All things Dundee FC

so we going up then lads or what [emoji120]

You can’t really predict anything with this team at the moment, been very inconsistent all season. We do seem to be showing signs of improvement at the right time however so time will tell. Think we’ll finish 3rd and then it’s a lottery from there.

Thought it was great to see Meekings put his body on the line on Tuesday. Too often I've had my suspicions that his heart isn't in it. On Tuesday, he was clearly suffering from cramp but came straight back on only to take a head to the face as he bravely cleared the ball and then he came back on again. Finally showing 'warrior' like capabilities that you'd expect from a captain.

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

so we going up then lads or what 

Another year of consolidating and McPake learning wouldn't be a bad thing. 

On the other hand, Hearts might come down and that's a massive worry. 

In short : f**k knows. 

Another year of consolidating and McPake learning wouldn't be a bad thing. 

I think there’s a lot of truth in that. Clearly McPake has learnt over the season and much has been debated on here over tactics, substitutions etc, but a major element of our frustrating performances over the last few seasons has got to be the permanent changing of virtually all the playing staff.

In my view the relative stability from last season of the manager and the playing staff across the road at Fannydice, coupled with the signing of a superb goal scorer, is a major element in United’s first half of the season success.

I think our chances of going up are pretty limited. We might pinch second, but even then the play offs favour the 11th placed Premiership team. Therefore a consistent squad over two seasons is likely to be very useful, even if we do have to combat the Jambos next year.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Sounds like an Islamic terrorist. 

Thank you. 

😂 f**k knows where that ‘a’ came from!

The last thing I’ll saying for now on him wanting to sign a striker in January is he wanted a striker, the left back got an injury, he then thought he’d be better suited with cover for left back, he then decided to change his formation and no longer play’s with a left back 😂 plays a winger in the wing back role, decides to at last play with 2 strikers, but having sold his top goalscorer he left himself with 1 fit striker and the other with a poor injury record at Dens out injured leaves himself short in this area. You couldn’t script this 😂  I think it was RossB on here that said he’d heard Field was tore a new one against Stirling Albion in a bounce game. My early impression after his brief spell at Ayr is he won’t force McDaid out the side who is doing very well imo in his new wingback role.

If I was a betting man I’d bet Marshall will play more minutes between Field’s arrival at the club and the end of the season than Field. 

14 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Updated league predictions:

Corona stops all play after this weekend, United go bust having no gate income to pay for Tefal's wages until the summer, Ayr & ICT do likewise and we still manage to lose in the playoffs....

Don't worry, we'd soon go bust too

The leagues should be stopped for the season with relegation and promotion halted for a year.

The health of the country is more important than football. We can start again in August afresh putting these unforeseen circumstances behind us.

Cancel promotion and relegation this year please Scottish government and leading bodies of the game whilst halting play immediately - you'll have the full backing of the non deluded one.

I think we should all push for this as much as we can. I'm drafting an email to send to the SPFL headquarters.

I'd like to dedicate this song to the deeply unhealthy Granny Danger and the thousands of weathers original sucking old knitting maestro wummin of the Dab persuasion who are at greater risk of contracting the virus. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Listening to Radio Scotland just now discussing Coronavirus and the outcome of the season. Starting to think this season could quite possibly be scrubbed null and void. 1of the panelist’s said anyone not gaining promotion or being automatically relegated would lead to huge legal actions in the court. 

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Listening to Radio Scotland just now discussing Coronavirus and the outcome of the season. Starting to think this season could quite possibly be scrubbed null and void. 1of the panelist’s said anyone not gaining promotion or being automatically relegated would lead to huge legal actions in the court. 

It's an 'act of God' nothing anyone can do about it.