All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm just surprised McPake was getting any level of praise at all for beating the two bottom sides, then drawing with Alloa and Ayr in utter borefests. We've got 10 games left in a dismal season in which we are still sitting with a negative goal difference and have barely averaged more than a goal a game, all with easily the second biggest budget in the division. If he's still in a job because we've still got a chance of making the play-offs, that's fucking ridiculous. There is absolutely no way McPake has either the bottle or tactical awareness/ability to navigate us through games against Aye, Caley and even if we somehow successfully shitfest those, whoever finishes 11th in the Prem will absolutely rinse us. 

The fact that we are so light in the striking department is entirely McPake's fault. Danny Johnson left because he wasn't happy. No wonder, I'd be fucking raging if I'd scored a few but was still largely benched to accommodate a shite 1 up front formation which has proved fairly fucking useless throughout the season. If Nelms sticks with him into next season, we're truly fucked. 

The negative goal difference in this league after so many games is farcical. After the club accounts published last week I understand why he is the manager, still in a job and won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. He finally gets a system to accommodate 2 strikers and in the process of doing si sells the striker who looks most like getting the goals. You couldn’t make this shit up! No wonder Johnson was rumoured to be pissed off.

The only positive this season is we at least now appear to have sorted the defensive situation out and gives us something to build on until he starts tinkering with the team. Is it Berra coming in or Hamilton being dropped that has made the huge difference? The last time Hamilton had a spell out the team for Hazard we stopped shipping goals at that time as well. Harsh as it sounds Hamilton is nowhere near a good enough standard to be in our goal and any manager thinking he is needs punted asap. I think 90% of us knew the keeper needed replaced last preseason or we were up against it. Yesterday there was no need to bring Kerr in. You travel 2 hours to a game to only be pissed off when the team line up is announced at 2pm because he’s changed a defence that hasn’t let in any goals recently. What’s he playing at? His change should’ve cost us yesterday and we improved in the 2nd half when Elliot came on. What has Crankshaw got to do to get a start. He had a good game when he came on at Dumfries and made a big difference to us, looked a threat on Tuesday for the very few minutes he got again then doesn’t get on the park at all yesterday.  McPake then settled for a draw with his substitution of McDaid, who was doing away fine. When Marshall is back fit I wouldn’t mind seeing if McDaid could play alongside Hemmings up front. Has a bit of pace, has a good strike off either foot and could be a threat in that position. Whether he can play with his back to goal is another thing tho. Every single game there are bizarre tactics, team line up or substitution. He isn’t good enough but we’re stuck with him. 

Edited by Yenitit

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-mcpake-makes-dundee-vow-21650357

Not often the Daily Record produce a good article but that's a cracking one on McPake.

“We’ve built a decent squad but initially we had to get 12 players out the door.

That bit is utter pish isn't it? 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Won't be far off - had to tell all the wage thieves that they weren't getting a new deal.

I think srw was taking exception to McPake’s assertion we have built a decent squad.  McPake’s idea of a “decent squad” is clearly different from mine.  I like a squad that is balanced and able to score at this level.

Let’s all take a step back and ask ourselves would Wighton be doing as well at Dundee as he currently is at Arbroath?  How many of you are willing to defend McPake and say Wighton would be doing better and scoring more goals under McPake than Dick Campbell?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I think srw was taking exception to McPake’s assertion we have built a decent squad.  McPake’s idea of a “decent squad” is clearly different from mine.  I like a squad that is balanced and able to score at this level.

Don't think there's many problems with the squad itself. It's not perfect, but it's a pretty impressive overhaul.

McPake's management is the problem.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't think there's many problems with the squad itself. It's not perfect, but it's a pretty impressive overhaul.

McPake's management is the problem.

Agree with you that McPake’s management is a problem but the only reason the squad may look decent is the amount of money spent on it.

Could you imagine McPake working with the 2nd worse budget in this league, rather than the 2nd best?

Almost no other club in this league would have authorised the signings of Dorrans and Berra, both of whom appear integral to McPake’s team.

The squad is pretty reasonable. Unfortunately it's been constrained by some bizarre decisions on a couple of key positions and being managed by an someone who is so far out of his depth it's laughable. I genuinely think Nelms thought he could appoint McPake, give him a season to learn enough and still waltz the Championship. He's becoming a more disastrous appointment with every managerial decision.

The decision to let Danny Johnson go (and he did let him go) was fucking farcical and a sackable offence in itself. I know I’ve mentioned it a few times but what a ducking utterly horrendous decision that was. He then followed this decision up by spending the rest of the budget on a left back to sit on the bench

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well well, outcomes like this 10-2 happen when you cheat. Right good laugh.

In fairness to the man, he did play the full game and indeed scored both Greenock Morton's goals that infamous end of season 10-2 embarrassment.

Then refused a contract extension following Morton's subsequent relegation to League 1 and re-signed for Hamilton Accies.

Always innocent until proven otherwise though.

Kind regards

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well well, outcomes like this 10-2 happen when you cheat. Right good laugh.

You realise the headline is miles out dont you?

Its do with him betting on himself getting booked during matches.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Oh stop trying to add your boring twists.

What?

That's literally what hes done, and what the article says. The "match fixing" headline is simply there so the story gets spread, and get clicks, by gullible morons...

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

What?

That's literally what hes done, and what the article says. The "match fixing" headline is simply there so the story gets spread, and get clicks, by gullible morons...

FFS.

TBF, he fixed the outcome of the card count in the match, not the score. So he did fix a part of the match. (I hate the word match).

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obviously. It's a joke based on the headline. Do feel free to provide additional analysis.*

*Don't actually, you're boring as f**k.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I could not help but notice Stevie May's current agent and ex St Johnstone forward Rowan Vine played upfront for Greenock Morton that shockingly disgraceful day.

Apparently he was yellow carded, whereas Dougie Imrie wasn't.

Be careful what you comment over. Sensitive times.

As always, best regards.