All things Dundee FC

I've no idea how successful it is, but Strachan also runs this:

http://www.strachanfootballfoundation.co.uk/

And is now offering sports development & sports science degrees accredited by Nottingham University.

He's also, intergrally, ensuring that youth players have other career options if football doesn't work out which might not benefit us but is extremely progressive IMO.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Brilliant.

Well exactly. We run at a loss, so cut our cloth accordingly.

Dudee run at a loss, do nothing about it, so they continue to chuck money away.

You're now completely and utterly reliant on your owners continuing to chuck money down a black hole to pay off your losses. An owner who expects football fans to spend their whole day around the stadium as he expects to hosts concerts before every match.

How many American businessmen throw money away and dont expect a return on it? (And that's relevant to United aswell).

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're now completely and utterly reliant on your owners continuing to chuck money down a black hole to pay off your losses. 

What do you mean 'now'? We have been for fucking years, you should know as you're here every spouting the same shite. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

How many American businessmen throw money away and dont expect a return on it? (And that's relevant to United aswell).

Why I are you singling out American, here? Should it not be club owners? 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well exactly. We run at a loss, so cut our cloth accordingly.

Dudee run at a loss, do nothing about it, so they continue to chuck money away  

Tim Keyes continues to throw money away not Dundee FC, we aren’t in debt and long may Tim continue to do so if he so chooses. I hope he starts to improve finances tho. St Johnstone without the money away from football aren’t even remotely close to breaking even and that is the model that Tim if clearly trying to achieve with the new stadium development, hotel, houses, cremmy, shops etc if him and John Nelms get the go ahead. 

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Plus side back on topic speaking about Dundee.
Nou Campy is my excitement. Playing in a brand new stadium , cheap season tickets to get the fans back, food prices to be not dear.
2020 Summer is going to be busy

I think this summer might be pushing it GMan. Aberdeen started years before us and aren’t near getting a spade in the ground. 

I think this summer might be pushing it GMan. Aberdeen started years before us and aren’t near getting a spade in the ground. 
All about the positivity.
Sure we were told its pretty much ready to go just a few things to sort out.
I just like the reassurance from the in the know people but they dont seem to be kicking about.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

All about the positivity.
Sure we were told its pretty much ready to go just a few things to sort out.
I just like the reassurance from the in the know people but they dont seem to be kicking about.

Don’t Dundee City Council like bungs chucked their way? Sure I read there was a wee bit of corruption type schennagians (sic) regarding a large electrical contract handed out recently. Maybe Tim could chuck someone a free golfing holiday with meals and drinks chucked in to see things over the line!!!

46 minutes ago, Dele said:

What do you mean 'now'? We have been for fucking years, you should know as you're here every spouting the same shite. 

Why I are you singling out American, here? Should it not be club owners? 

Disgusting xenophobia from BoredomGuy here. 

6 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I fully endorse your ‘at least we’re not as bad as United’ approach.

Carry on

Pretty certain I never approached it like that. I would however refer to the classic idiom that those in glass houses shouldn't post 73k losses per week.