All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Affy quiet on here, all to do with how shit we’ve been this season tbf. What’s the thoughts on tomorrow, Nelson in for Callaghan with Gowser dropping into Callaghan’s position? Anything else would  seem a bit daft to me. 

Tbf I think it's more to do with the fact that there's been f**k all to talk about. No signings, no drama.

I feel like that's what has to happen, but I feel Fin might take Byrne's place and Byrne replaces Callachan. No real idea though.

Staying today, we have 6 games in 21 days. These next three weeks will define our season and how it will probably end. Let's get behind the team and support them all the way through it.*

Mon the Dee!

*Unless we let in a goal early on, in which case I reserve the right to be raging and want everyone fired.

Comfortable win today and Forster man of the match for me. He’s been good in the 3 games alongside Berra who appears to have settled us at the back. Disappointed with Nelson today and thought Crankshaw was better than him when he came on and played centre forward. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

254 minutes since we last conceded. Pleasing.

3 clean sheets in 8 league games for Hazard.

4 clean sheets in 18 league games for Jack Hamilton. (Two of which were in August)

42 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Kudos to McPake for these last couple of games. Through his new signings and updating his tactics we've emerged from a dire-looking spot to once again have hope. Really hope this positive swing goes for a long time.

Yep, I've been quick to put the boot in when things haven't been going well so it's only fair if I do it the other way about too.

Make no mistake about it - a win in Dumfries is a cracking result for any Dundee team considering our record against them over the years. To do it with a clean sheet in quite appalling conditions is a massive bonus.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Kudos to McPake for these last couple of games. Through his new signings and updating his tactics we've emerged from a dire-looking spot to once again have hope. Really hope this positive swing goes for a long time.

I don’t want to dampen the mood but the last couple of games have been against the bottom two teams who have lost the most games in the league so far.

Looking ahead the games against Arbroath, Ayr, ICT and Dunfermline will give us a much better idea of exactly how good or otherwise we actually are.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I don’t want to dampen the mood but the last couple of games have been against the bottom two teams who have lost the most games in the league so far.

Looking ahead the games against Arbroath, Ayr, ICT and Dunfermline will give us a much better idea of exactly how good or otherwise we actually are.

I know this and stated it on the Arbroath game thread. Considering these last 2 games have been quite comfortable, which is what we should expect in such games, and something that wasn't happening before. The next 5 or so games will define our season more than these last 2 I agree, but  I think it's only fair to give credit to the manager on getting results worthy of a team in our position. Don't be afraid to as well.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I know this and stated it on the Arbroath game thread. Considering these last 2 games have been quite comfortable, which is what we should expect in such games, and something that wasn't happening before. The next 5 or so games will define our season more than these last 2 I agree, but  I think it's only fair to give credit to the manager on getting results worthy of a team in our position. Don't be afraid to as well.

I guess it’s all down to how you view things.  Beating the bottom two teams in the league is not something I’m going out my way to praise McPake for as it is the very least that I expect.

As I alluded to , I will reserve judgement until after we have played teams near the top of the league because what I’ve seen against these types of teams so far this season has not impressed me.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He done yet another crazy substitution with 10/15 minutes to go by replacing Gowser with Kerr tho. Comfortably seeing out the game and no need to take a chance on replacing an attacking midfielder with a right back. Tbf to Cammy he came on and put himself about, winning his headers and challenges. Just didn’t see the point of it when we were pretty much camped in Queens half. 

47 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

We’ve definitely looked better defensively since Berra has came in. Limited Morton, Partick and Queen Of The South to very few clear cut chances.