All things Dundee FC

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I agree with Donald McKay. I’d forgotten about him. The season where we built the new stands and had to endure some games at Tannadump was a good one. Jocky snapped up Steven Boyack who was a revelation. The team definitely exceeded expectations, was organised, played to their strengths.

I was thinking about this the other day: I can only remember playing one game at the sticklebrick - a 1-1 draw against Rangers - did we play more than one there?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Isnt he just coming back from an injury also? Not that wouldnt stop us but aye signing him is meh.
Bad enough we didnt bring a striker in january.

I would’ve taken him before his injury as a squad player looking to push himself to get in the 11. Would give it a miss until he got himself fit after his cruciate injury to see what he’s like fitness wise. 

Our club has to stop signing guys with a history of injuries. It’s coming back to bite us in the arse. Dorrans has be about the only exception I can remember of in recent years.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Hearts will finish 9th at worst. Accies relegated with St Mirren or County in the playoff final. 

I'm getting a sense of deja vu with Hearts, reminding me of us last season. Everybody was so convinced that once we got a couple of positive results we'd kick on and easily rise above Accies and Midden, but it never happened. Stendel has had exactly the same start to league football as McIntyre had, started with 4 straight losses, went on a 4 game unbeaten streak with 2 draws, a win and another draw, before losing their next 2. This Saturday for them against Accies is huge, as it could well dictate who finishes bottom. Even if Hearts prevail and genuinely pick up form like everyone is saying they will, they'll still be in a dogfight around the relegation playoffs.

I hope you're right, but Hearts are giving off the same helpless vibe we had last season.

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm getting a sense of deja vu with Hearts, reminding me of us last season. Everybody was so convinced that once we got a couple of positive results we'd kick on and easily rise above Accies and Midden, but it never happened. Stendel has had exactly the same start to league football as McIntyre had, started with 4 straight losses, went on a 4 game unbeaten streak with 2 draws, a win and another draw, before losing their next 2. This Saturday for them against Accies is huge, as it could well dictate who finishes bottom. Even if Hearts prevail and genuinely pick up form like everyone is saying they will, they'll still be in a dogfight around the relegation playoffs.

I hope you're right, but Hearts are giving off the same helpless vibe we had last season.

They certainly have the same goalkeeping issues as we had but with the return of key players from injury and the signing of Boyce and a couple of midfielders who are apparently quite good should see them safe. Plus Stendel isn’t Jim McIntyre. 

22 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Hearts will finish 9th at worst. Accies relegated with St Mirren or County in the playoff final. 

I thought that about the time Utd went down, that they would turn it around at some point, and it never happened.

If there is one thing I’ve learned over the years is don’t underestimate just how resilient(or lucky)the accies actually are, how many years have the Scottish “experts” said the same thing of Hamilton are a shoe in for relegation and yet every year they are made to eat their words in the 5 years they’ve been up

55 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

They certainly have the same goalkeeping issues as we had but with the return of key players from injury and the signing of Boyce and a couple of midfielders who are apparently quite good should see them safe. Plus Stendel isn’t Jim McIntyre. 

No-one could be that bad, surely??!! Certainly think that Boyce should see them safe, but you just never know...

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

A goal every 25 minutes over the last 3 games on average 😬

5 hours ago, srw said:

Really getting concerned that Hearts will be relegated, them coming down would be a disaster. 

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I reckon at 11th at worst. In that scenario, there would be no point in the play off final as they'd walk it over two legs.

Think it'll be St Mirren I need the play off, Hamilton automatic although I'd prefer it the other way around with ourselves getting a trip to Hamilton for the lols.

Edited by Dele

3 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

If there is one thing I’ve learned over the years is don’t underestimate just how resilient(or lucky)the accies actually are, how many years have the Scottish “experts” said the same thing of Hamilton are a shoe in for relegation and yet every year they are made to eat their words in the 5 years they’ve been up

Spot on. They are the veteran boxer that knows how to scrap and maybe a wee bit illegal here and there if it means getting through the fight.  Avoid if possible in any play off.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I reckon at 11th at worst. In that scenario, there would be no point in the play off final as they'd walk it over two legs.

Think it'll be St Mirren I need the play off, Hamilton automatic although I'd prefer it the other way around with ourselves getting a trip to Hamilton for the lols.

Hopefully ourselves and Hamilton shitfest our ways to the playoff final. Starting to doubt either will be in it tho. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Hopefully ourselves and Hamilton shitfest our ways to the playoff final. Starting to doubt either will be in it tho. 

TBH,  as things stand, I can’t see us beating Inverness over two legs, possibly could see us shitefest a two legged victory over Ayr.  

However, can’t see us doing anything against Hearts, we would arse it up against Accies and our best chance may be against the Buddies. None are as likely as us not getting that far, though...

Edited by Spikethedee

22 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’d definitely take Murray. Nelson, for whatever reason, has proved to be a disappointment so far. I was getting hammered at the rugby on Saturday but I noticed he got booked when he came on as a subby. He’s been booked, or at least could have/ should have been, in every game I’ve seen him play in. He’s injury prone and has a dodgy temperament. Come home again Simon.

Totally agree Spud, young Andrew Nelson, for numerous reasons it would appear, still has a massive question mark against him. Disappointingly so after such a bright start. 

Regarding Simon Murray, I was unaware of his early season serious injury. However I'm still of the opinion that he'd offer, when fit, a positive alternative to what we already have available in assistance to Kane Hemmings. Even if that does mean for next season.

Regards as always  

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

TBH,  as things stand, I can’t see us beating Inverness over two legs, possibly could see us shitefest a two legged victory over Ayr.  

However, can’t see us doing anything against Hearts, we would arse it up against Accies and our best chance may be against the Buddies. None are as likely as us not getting that far, though...

Time will tell how Inverness cope with losing their 2 centrehalfs in January. 

8 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Theyve not got anyone to come back from injury and havent since the break, Haring is the only starting player injured now.

Boyce is barely getting a touch of the ball, and the new German midfielder they signed was sent off in the last game and according to their fans is a dud.

Stendel has 2 league wins from his first 3 months as manager, over I think 11 games. Defensively they're comfortably the worst side we've played this season, and their keeper ships goals every week.

The idea Hearts will be fine is based on the name of the club, and the name of the club alone. Theyre awful.

Theyve not got anyone to come back from injury and havent since the break, Haring is the only starting player injured now.
Boyce is barely getting a touch of the ball, and the new German midfielder they signed was sent off in the last game and according to their fans is a dud.
Stendel has 2 league wins from his first 3 months as manager, over I think 11 games. Defensively they're comfortably the worst side we've played this season, and their keeper ships goals every week.
The idea Hearts will be fine is based on the name of the club, and the name of the club alone. Theyre awful.

Interesting.