All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The court case is irrelevant anyway. They won’t punt him whatever the outcome.

I disagree with you there.  Nelms must know that McPake is his third managerial mistake in a row.  If he sacks McPake that would be a public confirmation of the fact.   If, however, McPake is found guilty it would allow Nelms to sack McPake ( at no cost to the club) for bringing the club into disrepute, whilst still claiming he was sure McPake’s appointment would have worked out if he had been given time.

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I disagree with you there.  Nelms must know that McPake is his third managerial mistake in a row.  If he sacks McPake that would be a public confirmation of the fact.   If, however, McPake is found guilty it would allow Nelms to sack McPake ( at no cost to the club) for bringing the club into disrepute, whilst still claiming he was sure McPake’s appointment would have worked out if he had been given time.

Long story short... nope. He's not going anywhere.

Watt signs for Motherwell. Wallace hasnt signed for anyone.
So, this masterful January window was in fact, shambolic, yet a fvcking again.
To the surprise of absolutely no one. Last season's January window was a fucking atrocity as well. Nelms needs to f**k off almost as much as McPake tbh.

Wouldn't call this window a 'disaster' per se, as we really with all the issues fans were noticing going into it (CB, wide players and a new GK). The problem is that in the process we have created another issue by releasing a striker. The new lads have had one full game at most so far, so I'm not writing them off, and I'm not calling the window shambolic.

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wouldn't call this window a 'disaster' per se, as we really with all the issues fans were noticing going into it (CB, wide players and a new GK). The problem is that in the process we have created another issue by releasing a striker. The new lads have had one full game at most so far, so I'm not writing them off, and I'm not calling the window shambolic.

Enough of this common sense pish.

It's all about Mumsnet-like hysteria and total lack of perspective in here these days :angry:

Tom Field on why he decided to join Dundee:

I don’t know much about Scottish football, to be honest, but I do know that out of all the teams in the Championship, Dundee try to play.

I wonder if he'll be saying the same thing this time tomorrow. An odd thing to say generally.

Transfer window doesn't look too bad now IMO.

McGhee had been postponing his operation for weeks until we got bodies in - Berra at CH is his replacement (We needed CH's anyway).

We needed a winger, but Cammy Kerr is another that had been postponing an operation apparently, so we brought in a player that could play RB/RW equally effectively.

We lost out on a striker on the last day to replace Johnson, who we netted a fee for and was quite unhappy here.

Other than us being completely shite, I don't think our transfer window was anywhere near as bad as it's been in recent times.

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's all about Mumsnet-like hysteria and total lack of perspective in here these days :angry:

39 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Is this a 'wind-up'?

Thank you.

Nope, our club's on it's arse relatively speaking in a footballing sense, with none of the expected signs of improvement and direction hoped for and required this season visible so far.

We're currently considerably closer to the league below than the one above, however there's no apparent need for........160518044_images(5).jpg.53631329e76882b77d8fab5b385a1f97.jpg...................panic on the streets of Dundee.

Not much!!!!!   Everyone is fully justified imho, in using this P&B platform for voicing our current fears and concerns.

Regards as always