All things Dundee FC

Not really sure what folk expected, fans losing interest, crowds are dwindling, 24 points off top spot, 6 points above bottom spot, it’s clearly where the manager and Mr Nelms expect us to be and are quite chuffed with themselves........nothing to see here, all’s good

Seen you lot have signed Tom Field. I've been a Brentford season ticket holder for the past couple of seasons and whilst not featuring often for the first team, when he has, Field has looked pretty raw but not put a foot wrong in the English Championship. On paper I'd say that's a very good signing for you and hopefully he can push on with more first team games.

If we’d signed a striker then I think that would of been a successful window imo. All our weaker positions have been covered so McPake is seeing what we’re seeing from the stands. Not signing a striker is a disaster though but I’m glad it gives the chance to Nelson again to play up top. Just wish he wasn’t made of chocolate.

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

If we’d signed a striker then I think that would of been a successful window imo. All our weaker positions have been covered so McPake is seeing what we’re seeing from the stands. Not signing a striker is a disaster though but I’m glad it gives the chance to Nelson again to play up top. Just wish he wasn’t made of chocolate.

Covered is a nice word, but left midfield hasnt been addressed, attack hasnt been addressed.

The word we needed was improved, which clearly hasnt happened.

Covered is a nice word, but left midfield hasnt been addressed, attack hasnt been addressed.
The word we needed was improved, which clearly hasnt happened.

Wallace will no doubt be signed in the next few days to cover the left wing spot. Would imagine we’ll probably bring in a striker as well but not sure who the free agents are.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Wallace will no doubt be signed in the next few days to cover the left wing spot. Would imagine we’ll probably bring in a striker as well but not sure who the free agents are.

Possibly, possibly not, but people cant say things are rosey while ignoring key squad issues.

We didnt have money to sign both Mullen and Field, yet have money to sign Wallace and Mr Striker? If these deals are progressing, then McPake is playing a very dubious game, risking these potential signings, over actual signings in the transfer window. 

Theres no way that anyone can seriously say the window has been a success IMO.

3 minutes ago, srw said:

We didnt have money to sign both Mullen and Field, yet have money to sign Wallace and Mr Striker? 

I'm not sure that's the case. A left back was far more important than a subbie striker. 

As for Wallace, he's probably not in tip top ready to go shape, so why would we then give him a wage until he is? 

There are folk complaining we are just throwing money at duds and now there are folk moaning we aren't throwing money at substitutes. 

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hasn’t ever stopped us before.

Why did we sign whatshisface from the Perth Wanks?

Maybe we're trying to change things for the better? 

I've no idea. I don't and haven't ever rated him. He has to play Central though, this punting him on the wide right was sackable offence in itself. Hopefully with Wallace potentially signing we can start to see a balance in midfield we haven't seen since about Alex Rae's days in charge. 

Edited by Dele

Possibly, possibly not, but people cant say things are rosey while ignoring key squad issues.
We didnt have money to sign both Mullen and Field, yet have money to sign Wallace and Mr Striker? If these deals are progressing, then McPake is playing a very dubious game, risking these potential signings, over actual signings in the transfer window. 
Theres no way that anyone can seriously say the window has been a success IMO.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, just pointing out that our business isn’t necessarily done.

12 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I wonder where that leaves us now. Can’t believe we let Johnson go without having a striker lined up. Shambolic. Hemmings gets injured and it’s season over. 

Not only that, but we've let possible back up striker Mikey Cunningham go out on loan to Cumbernauld Colts.

Ridiculously underwhelming window - glad to see a better keeper and some full back cover, but astounded that Johnston was allowed to leave without anyone else coming in to replace him. Berra could either be a brilliant acquisition or a complete disaster. Still not convinced that we will do anything but under-perform for the rest of the season...

Predictions for starting lineup today?

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Berra Field

McGowan Robertson Dorrans

Crankshaw Hemmings McDaid

I personally can’t see Hamilton being dropped as he didn’t do much wrong IMO against Dunfermline although some will argue he should of came for the cross at the first goal.

Robertson is more of me hoping he’ll be in there. We’re a much poorer team without him.

Edit: forgot about Callaghan, I’m guessing he’ll start in the midfield somewhere.

Ridiculously underwhelming window - glad to see a better keeper and some full back cover, but astounded that Johnston was allowed to leave without anyone else coming in to replace him. Berra could either be a brilliant acquisition or a complete disaster. Still not convinced that we will do anything but under-perform for the rest of the season...

Anything less than a comfortable finish in 2nd place is a major underachievement. Considering its looking more likely that we’ll finish between 5th and 7th than 2nd this season has been a disaster from start to finish. Unless McPake manages to turn this season 180 degrees and go on some sort of run up until the end of the season, he can’t argue with being punted come the summer. We have by far and away the 2nd strongest starting 11 in the league, and even when you compare our starting 11 to United’s, they aren’t that much stronger. We should be right up at the top of the table with them, but we’re not, instead we’re an absolute country mike behind.

3-0 win today will make me feel better about things.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

We should be right up at the top of the table with them, but we’re not, instead we’re an absolute country mike behind.

3-0 win today will make me feel better about things.

Should have signed country Mike at the start of the season imo.

The fact we have just spent this window with McPake in charge means he is here to stay. Even an 11-0 pumping wouldn't see him sacked. He's got many more weeks left.

That being said, an interesting group of signings was made. Let's see what we've got.

Not only that, but we've let possible back up striker Mikey Cunningham go out on loan to Cumbernauld Colts.

I thought that too but couldn’t be arsed even commenting. He’s looked half decent coming on. If we’d kept DJ - sure get him out on loan - but with DJ gone it’s fucking insane.

By the law of averages we surely must get a manager by fluke who knows what he’s doing? It has to be more than that though as Motherwell and Sainties seem to constantly punch above their weight. This is depressing. I’m at my lowest ebb, as a Dundee fan, without a shadow of doubt.