All things Dundee FC

The number of goals we conceded from crosses into the back post when he was playing was frightening. He’s totally incapable of marking. I’m not a big fan of Kerr at all but he was (and probably still is) better than McGinn.

Not having that. You've just described Cammy with the 'goals conceded at back post' comment. McGinn was and absolutely still is head and shoulders above Cammy. Maybe not a popular opinion given Cammy being a Dee but don't rate him at all, bang average at best.

McGinn seems to have had a decent career so far.
Kerr ?

Left us for the might of Chesterfield - relegated
Joined Partick Thistle - Relegated
Joined St Mirren - Survived relegation via penalty shootout.
Joins Hibs.

Decent at finishing at the bottom of the table I’ll give him that.

Not having that. You've just described Cammy with the 'goals conceded at back post' comment. McGinn was and absolutely still is head and shoulders above Cammy. Maybe not a popular opinion given Cammy being a Dee but don't rate him at all, bang average at best.

I don’t remember 1 Dundee fan being disappointed at McGinn leaving and being replaced by Cammy Kerr. A lot of Dundee fans seem to have this thing where they love to look back at bang average ex players and remember them to be 10x the player they actually were.

Hi

I don’t remember 1 Dundee fan being disappointed at McGinn leaving and being replaced by Cammy Kerr. A lot of Dundee fans seem to have this thing where they love to look back at bang average ex players and remember them to be 10x the player they actually were.

Dundee fans also seem to love sugar coating the career of "one of our own". Let's be honest, Cammy is League One standard at best, McGinn is now playing at one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

Left us for the might of Chesterfield - relegated
Joined Partick Thistle - Relegated
Joined St Mirren - Survived relegation via penalty shootout.
Joins Hibs.

Decent at finishing at the bottom of the table I’ll give him that.
Not going to mention his player of year at dumbarton and his two decent seasons at us ?
And now he has went to hibernian for a fee.
Will kerr ever go for a fee ?

I think McGinn is decent , kerr is not as good as him.
4 seasons in top flight football and now at hibernian . Not bad going. We can disagree on this :-)

Hi

Dundee fans also seem to love sugar coating the career of "one of our own". Let's be honest, Cammy is League One standard at best, McGinn is now playing at one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

You obviously haven’t read my comments on Cammy Kerr if you’re claiming I sugar coat him. Quite the opposite in fact. Has absolutely f**k all to do with that fact that Paul McGinn is not a good right back.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I liked McGinn but you are spot on about his defensive deficiencies at the time and it did cost us, Cammy had a shaky start replacing him but a few months in, he did become really good defensively. It feels like he's regressed a fair bit from those days.

I think he was a decent footballer and he was comfortable playing the ball out which is what we missed big time under McCann. A bit surprised he's never evolved into a defensive mid. I know fans love wanting tall athletic guys to play in that position but he has the composure to play there.

I liked McGinn but you are spot on about his defensive deficiencies at the time and it did cost us, Cammy had a shaky start replacing him but a few months in, he did become really good defensively. It feels like he's regressed a fair bit from those days.
I think he was a decent footballer and he was comfortable playing the ball out which is what we missed big time under McCann. A bit surprised he's never evolved into a defensive mid. I know fans love wanting tall athletic guys to play in that position but he has the composure to play there.

Yeah he wasn’t bad going forward but defensively he was all over the shop at times and his man marking was criminal. Kerr came in and at least gave us a bit more dig defensively. Kerr probably wasn’t as good going forward but at that time we had Stewart, Hemmings, Harkins etc. so the defensive duties were more important, especially with “no tracky backy” Greg in front of him.

Cammy looked twice the player McGinn was when he initially broke through. 

I don't know if it was the adrenaline carrying him through the first whole year, if not he's regressed like no other player I've seen without serious injuries being involved.

Yeah he wasn’t bad going forward but defensively he was all over the shop at times and his man marking was criminal. Kerr came in and at least gave us a bit more dig defensively. Kerr probably wasn’t as good going forward but at that time we had Stewart, Hemmings, Harkins etc. so the defensive duties were more important, especially with “no tracky backy” Greg in front of him.

I dont disagree with this.

However to say Kerr is better than McGinn right now ?

If anything McGinn has experienced maybe the lows of football and now got himself to a decent team.

Kerr looks like unfortunately going backwards is why I've said before having competition for right back can only be good for him.

Cammy looked twice the player McGinn was when he initially broke through. 
I don't know if it was the adrenaline carrying him through the first whole year, if not he's regressed like no other player I've seen without serious injuries being involved.
With Kerr looks like he has f**k all confidence right now. Maybe for his career he needs to leave dundee and see how he gets on. Mcpake the manager to bring the best out of him again ?

You obviously haven’t read my comments on Cammy Kerr if you’re claiming I sugar coat him. Quite the opposite in fact. Has absolutely f**k all to do with that fact that Paul McGinn is not a good right back.

Was more a general comment of Kerr getting away with more than most due to his leanings, wasn't aimed at you personally. Just my own opinion that McGinn is a better player and offers more all-in and that I don't rate Cammy at all, don't think he's good enough for our level.

Apologies if you took any offence.

Was more a general comment of Kerr getting away with more than most due to his leanings, wasn't aimed at you personally. Just my own opinion that McGinn is a better player and offers more all-in and that I don't rate Cammy at all, don't think he's good enough for our level.

Apologies if you took any offence.

No offence taken, just pointing out that I’m not Cammy’s biggest fan either, just didn’t rate McGinn in his spell with us although was was okay.

Anyway, pointless talking of players which no longer have anything to do with Dundee.

We definitely need another right back, at least for cover and similarly a striker. Hopefully there are another couple of players in the pipeline that the media haven’t got wind of.

Rob Kiernan has just been released. Could be a possibility.

Got to think he’d have plenty premiership offers ahead of us. 57 games for Rangers, I’d take him in a heartbeat but can’t see it.

David Templeton has been released by Burton as well so he can move back to Scotland to be nearer his family. Would take him but, again, got to think that he’s choose Hamilton ahead of us.