All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Dele said:

I watch numerous clubs channels and their youth teams. Rangers being one, yes. 

1762695853_giphy(40).gif.110ddadf87efdfae13742d41e971628e.gif

Just here to point out Rangers TV requires a subscription, of at least £6 a month.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I still can't see how a kid playing well against other kids warrants a chance at playing with us. We are not here for progressing other teams youngsters.

Ah, okay. 

Let's just ignore players that can improve the squad because 'they've only played against kids" and "we aren't here to progress other teams youngsters". 

I wonder what other 35 year old surplus to requirement players we could sign. 

2 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

The only channels I have for that on sky is Liverpool and United so god knows why your specifically looking for rangers and others youth teams?

I don't watch on Sky. 

Just here to point out Rangers TV requires a subscription, of at least £6 a month.

To be fair, I have an app on my firestick that gives me pretty much unlimited channels from all over the world. Rangers TV is on this although I must admit I’d never watch it.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres ways around that. I had access to a dozen Scottish club channels, but only ever watched one, unless we were on anothers.

Theres ways around that. I had access to a dozen Scottish club channels, but only ever watched one, unless we were on anothers.

Ours is by far the worst for live game coverage compared to the rest. United’s is very good I must admit.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Ours is by far the worst for live game coverage compared to the rest. United’s is very good I must admit.

I know, and I pay for the b*****diing thing now. It wouldn't be value for money if it was free.

January window as usual, has been a disappointment so far.
  • Hazard, pointless signing, waste of money
  • Dorrans. (ext) finished, doesn't look interested half the time
  • Callachan, great, another central midfielder who doesn't defend, assist or score, but he runs about a bit, apparently
  • Crankshaw, looked decent against Dunfermline to be fair, genuine width and attacking potential
  • Johnson, lost our top scorer for nothing, superb 

You could also say -

Hazard - a marked improvement on that useless cúnt.

Dorrans - has ability, is fit - sooner or later it will click system wise and we will a cracking player tied up for a reasonable time.

Callaghan - energetic, a bit phycho, something we have been needing.

Crankshaw - so far so good.

Johnson - scores pens and not much more.

Trying to be optimistic........

McPake was highly rated as one of Scotlands best prospects in years, and was utterly dreadful IMO, no more bairns, we need fighters not someone looking for their mummy to tuck them into bed.

Agreed. Did he looked good on the Rangers youth channel does anyone know?

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You could also say -

Hazard - a marked improvement on that useless cúnt.

Dorrans - has ability, is fit - sooner or later it will click system wise and we will a cracking player tied up for a reasonable time.

Callaghan - energetic, a bit phycho, something we have been needing.

Crankshaw - so far so good.

Johnson - scores pens and not much more.

Trying to be optimistic........

Theres optimism and then theres that 😂😉

42 minutes ago, Dele said:

Let's just ignore players that can improve the squad because 'they've only played against kids" and "we aren't here to progress other teams youngsters". 

Your missing my point, he is a player who has played 1 senior game against Stranraer.

I can't see how you can be certain he would improve the squad to make us challenge in the play offs?

Lad whose highest games have been with Curzon Ashton and Wigan U23 and have 36 minutes with Dundee under his belt = "Cracking player, could be something"

Anyone from Rangers youth regardless of having played in the first team = "waste of time"

We wouldn’t have to be begging other clubs for their youth players if we had kept some of the players we got rid of.  We’ve had too many managers coming in and bringing in their own players that aren’t as good as the ones we already had.

Managers with big egos have cost us both on the park and financially.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Is this a stance you take with all signing, or just youngsters? 

Eh? 

Well for a start signing unproven youngsters in our current position is absurd, we have our own untried youth players that we could experiment with.

Your the one making this guy out to be great mate. I just don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

Eh? 
Well for a start signing unproven youngsters in our current position is absurd, we have our own untried youth players that we could experiment with.
Your the one making this guy out to be great mate. I just don't see how you can come to that conclusion.
Because he is good in youth games for rangers on rangers tv.
I've never heard of him but if anything would give competition for Kerr rather than just relying on 1 player in that position.

I think where we are at now if we were to give a rangers player playing time then so be it.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Eh? 

Well for a start signing unproven youngsters in our current position is absurd

You said 

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I can't see how you can be certain he would improve the squad to make us challenge in the play offs?

I can't be certain. Much in the same way nobody can be certain the likes of Ross Wallace will come in and improve us. 

There is a very highly rated, internationally capped player who is contracted to the club sitting second in the league above - whose fans are pissed off never played in the first team at the weekend - possibly available for loan. 

You're right though, we should persevere with Cammy Kerr. A guy who is ridiculed by fans of a mid table championship club (ourselves) and every other clubs fans. Because he's older and has somehow been kept on despite being shite for about 75% of his time here.