All things Dundee FC

I would ultimately love McPake to turn all of this around but I'm seeing absolutely no signs of it happening. The derby could have been a turning point but ever since that game we seem to be getting worse and worse each week. Not sure if he's over complicating things in order to try and fix it, but we've lost the ability to even do the basics. The players we're rumoured to be signing also strike me as typical "panic signings".

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Not sure if he's over complicating things in order to try and fix it, but we've lost the ability to even do the basics. 

It's been getting worse but it's been over complicated from the start. I was getting at Kane for it, but I believe that's the reason no one is taking the ball on by themselves. EVERYONE is looking for some daft small pass to someone else who wants to make another small pass in the other teams box. 

I think that's why Crankshaw looked so good the other night. No daft passes, nothing fancy. He just went at it. It's like the creativity has been stifled out by instruction.

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It's like the creativity has been stifled out by instruction.

This is exactly it. He's not had the life sucked out of him yet. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the best performance he puts in for us.

Anyone else think we’ve had a shit transfer window so far? His recruiting wasn’t bad at the start of the season hoped he would continue in the same vain so far a bit disheartening that only crankshaw looks a baller and hazard and callachan are just so meh although could be proven wrong re callachan

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Anyone else think we’ve had a shit transfer window so far? His recruiting wasn’t bad at the start of the season hoped he would continue in the same vain so far a bit disheartening that only crankshaw looks a baller and hazard and callachan are just so meh although could be proven wrong re callachan

He lost it after half an hour on the pitch against an arguably weak Dunfermline side. His temper (based on one game in fairness) reminds me of Darren O'Dea. That's not good.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did you get a fee or did you just release him? For the purposes of updating the transfer thread of courses.

Leyton are skint so I doubt they paid a fee. They just signed a striker with 18 months left on his contract for free...

I don’t blame Johnson one bit , came here with the expectation of first team good luck to him , should have played a lot more I’m really beginning to lose faith in mcpake and beginning to question if he even has a plan in place, I’d be fine with the results and if it was a squad of youth he was trying to bleed through, but that’s seasoned professionals on the pitch , his tactics are so negative it’s unreal and where the heck is nichol and why is he not in his ear the whole time?

In Crankshaw we finally have the type of winger we need to play a proper 442. Now we've let Johnson go - only not unbelievable because McPake is in charge. Does this mean that 451, that generally fails us miserably, is going to be the norm? Can this season get any worse?

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Surely we have to get in a holding-type striker. Is Watt like that at all?

Yes. He'd be a great foil beside Hemmings and has the intelligence, and ability, to play balls through defences if a striker makes the right run.

I cant see him struggling for a top flight side though, and I dont think he'll want to drop to this level.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. He'd be a great foil beside Hemmings and has the intelligence, and ability, to play balls through defences if a striker makes the right run.

I cant see him struggling for a top flight side though, and I dont think he'll want to drop to this level.

I'm sure if I donate enough to his twitch streams he'll come around 😛