All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Surely Berra would be a good signing?

What am I missing here?

He's absolutely done. He's slower than a week in jail. He'd be an improvement over Forster right enough.

Would he be a big enough of an improvement over Meekings to justify being one of our highest earners? I have my doubts - and Meekings is shite.

Edited by Ludo*1

He's absolutely done. He's slower than a week in jail. He'd be an improvement over Forster right enough.
Would he be a big enough of an improvement over Meekings? I have my doubts - and Meekings is shite.
You just have to look at David Weir at rangers to see how important experience and positioning is. As long as you've got pace on the cover I'd have thought he'd be a brilliant signing.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Would he be a big enough of an improvement over Meekings? I have my doubts - and Meekings is shite.

You just have to look at David Weir at rangers to see how important experience and positioning is. As long as you've got pace on the cover I'd have thought he'd be a brilliant signing.

Aye, but one of Berra's main qualities as a CH was that he was quite quick. He was never a reader of the game like Weir. If he was, he wouldn't be getting punted by Hearts. He's a large part of why they are where they are. He's looked absolutely finished every time I've watched him on TV.

And if we were to sign him, I doubt we'd just be going with a 6 month loan in mind. 

Eta: If this was the standard of CH, we would have just been better trying to convince Darren O'Dea not to retire.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, itzdrk said:

He'd get in the defence of the bottom two in the championship

I'm not so sure I rate Deas and Dick at Alloa and Tam O'ware is decent can't say I know much about Particle other CH's. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, but one of Berra's main qualities as a CH was that he was quite quick. He was never a reader of the game like Weir. If he was, he wouldn't be getting punted by Hearts. He's a large part of why they are where they are. He's looked absolutely finished every time I've watched him on TV.

And if we were to sign him, I doubt we'd just be going with a 6 month loan in mind. 

Eta: If this was the standard of CH, we would have just been better trying to convince Darren O'Dea not to retire.

He's free to go because he's a high earner and can't play a high line like Stendel wants.  If you give him cover or sit deeper he is easily a good enough out and out defender for the Championship.  He could probably still do it in the premiership with the right team .

Just now, 101 said:

I'm not so sure I rate Deas and Dick at Alloa and Tam O'ware is decent can't say I know much about Particle other CH's. 

He would be out the Alloa team when Graham got fit for sure.  Partick have McGinty the gentle giant who is woeful.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He would be out the Alloa team when Graham got fit for sure.  Partick have McGinty the gentle giant who is woeful.  

Woeful gentle giant or slow clumsy average height guy? 

**Searches for Berra's cup final miss**

14 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He's free to go because he's a high earner and can't play a high line like Stendel wants.  If you give him cover or sit deeper he is easily a good enough out and out defender for the Championship.  He could probably still do it in the premiership with the right team .

We aren't a team that can afford to sit deep considering most teams currently stick 11 men behind the ball waiting for the invariable f**k up to happen so they can bang 1 or more in.

Dumped by your club?

Played for Scotland 10 years ago?

Nobody else to have you? 

Come to Dens! 

We offer high wages for inflated egos! 

Don't believe us? See quotes from our members...

"I was turning 40 and away to pack it in, Dundee offered me silly money for my immobility"

K. Miller, Glasgow

"My mate got me a great deal without having to do much movement"

G. Dorrans, Glasgow.

So, Berra, Hutton, Iwelumo, Leighton....

Plenty time left boys!