All things Dundee FC

I really feel like this should be the side we play next week, unless we sign Messi or something:

Hamilton
Kerr     Meekings     McGhee     Marshall
McDaid   Robertson  Dorrans  Crankshaw
                 Johnson        Hemmings

Subs: Ferrie, Forster, McGowan, Callachan, Byrne, Cunningham, Cameron

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

That's the McPake interview up now. He's clinging. Says that 'this is my club' so he's hurting as much as the fans (To be fair to him., his expression is similar to most Dundee fans right now) and he basically calls out Cammy Kerr for the goal saying that it's ridiculous that the cross manages to make its way into the box in the first place. Says senior players are not taking responsibility and he signed them so he deserves the blame but he will fight for his club and turn it around. He says we need to add runners into the team, then corrects himself by saying, not just runners but we need quality!

Then Crankshaw has his turn and it's a right shame on the laddie as one of the first questions he has to deal with is, 'Did you see enough quality tonight to see Dundee challenge at the top of the league?' - So he has to blatantly lie through his teeth for the rest of the interview. Crankshaw states that it was a no brainer to come here due to the massive support (Wait till you see Dens in a couple of weeks with McPake still in charge) and he knows how big the club is.

ETA: McPake has a ready made job if he leaves us as apparently he helped Crankshaw move in.

Edited by Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I really feel like this should be the side we play next week, unless we sign Messi or something:

Hamilton
                 Johnson        Hemmings

Nelson? Otherwise I agree.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's clinging. Says that 'this is my club' so he's hurting as much as the fans (To be fair to him., his expression is similar to most Dundee fans right now)

I'd never suggest he didn't care, that's why I'll always like him. He loves the club. But he's not up to the job.

27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hamilton
                 Johnson        Hemmings

Change the ‘keeper’ please, he’s pish. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Change the ‘keeper’ please, he’s pish. 

Put in Ferrie? I've seen Ferrie in 2 games. The first was a reserve game against Celtic where he let in 4, including one goal that he allowed to trickle past him despite standing in position and watching the ball roll in. The other was the Biscuit Cup game where he allowed 2 in against Elgin and got himself sent off. No offense to the lad, but he's not ready yet for full-time Championship football.

If Hamilton can play like he did in the 2nd half of the last game more consistently there'd be no problems, but there clearly are. Unless we get another keeper in, he's our only acceptable option imo.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd never suggest he didn't care, that's why I'll always like him. He loves the club. But he's not up to the job.

Agree with the above comment, however like you say Ross he's not up to the task on so many levels it's actually now embarrassing and damaging for all concerned.

Now is the time for an experienced manager who is a true football man and takes no nonsense on any level.  Someone who demands the boardrooms backing and a free reign to do his job at the same time, which in fairness we provide in spadefuls at Dens Park.

That man now, imho is Tommy Wright, Wright, Wright.  Obviously I'm taking into account his ongoing displeasure with his current employers.  

How much delight would that man take in making a success of our club where the self professed messiah and footballing expert Neil McCann fell completely on his arse whilst soiling his best suit.

Merely my opinion.

Best regards