All things Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

For what it is worth, we haven't lost an away game since November. We're usually better away from the toxicity of the cursed home ground.

I honestly do believe that this is a major issue and why I was so surprised at Dorrans signing an extension, who would want to play in that atmosphere every 2nd week?

Anybody wanting to know what Strachan’s role at Dens is, switch on Radio Scotland just now.  Very insightful into his role and thoughts. Been discussing his role from 5 minutes into the show. 

Edited to say it’s been a brilliant interview so far and the club should be looking to put it on the official website for people who missed it or didn’t know he was on the radio. Answering a lot of questions that we’ve been discussing on here. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Wonder if mcpake is still waiting to hear from another player? He did say hes been waiting for an answer for 4 weeks

Sorry, but unless it's Messi, anyone who can't give you an answer in that time scale can GTF... 

(Even one week would be pushing it at the kind of level we are operating at.)

6 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Wonder if mcpake is still waiting to hear from another player? He did say hes been waiting for an answer for 4 weeks

McPake did confirm there's still movement behind the scenes in the interview today.

In terms of people he might be waiting on hearing from, Forrest? That or O'Brien are the only two in my head currently.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

23 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Anyone had a Carolina reaper, Iv just had 2 and I’m crying

Well that's bloody random. I think it was called a Trinidad viper or scorpion is the hottest I've ever had. About 4 pints of milk later I was fine. Chilli roulette. 100% would not recommend 😂.

Anybody wanting to know what Strachan’s role at Dens is, switch on Radio Scotland just now.  Very insightful into his role and thoughts. Been discussing his role from 5 minutes into the show. 

Edited to say it’s been a brilliant interview so far and the club should be looking to put it on the official website for people who missed it or didn’t know he was on the radio. Answering a lot of questions that we’ve been discussing on here. 

You able to summarise it?

27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mackie posting about having surgery on his ankle. If he's out injured for what I'd assume for the rest of the season or something, and McPake saying he's back at Hibs to recover, why has neither team addressed this?

I know it's quite an awful thing to say, I mean it's the boys livelihood and that, but next to Hamilton being punted, him not being available for selection leaves us in a better situation.

It will probably help his career in the long run too not being played out of position by McPake and as a result not being noticed for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by Crawford

I can honestly say it’s messing me up, I’m crying, it’s not even pain, it’s just constant unreal discomfort , milk does f**k all

Enjoy your day on the pan tomorrow. Hopefully it’s not an omen for our performance tomorrow night.

39 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mackie posting about having surgery on his ankle. If he's out injured for what I'd assume for the rest of the season or something, and McPake saying he's back at Hibs to recover, why has neither team addressed this?

20 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I know it's quite an awful thing to say, I mean it's the boys livelihood and that, but next to Hamilton being punted, him not being available for selection leaves us in a better situation.

It will probably help his career in the long run too not being played out of position by McPake and as a result noticed for all the wrong reasons.

Agree with both highlighted postings above, good luck to the lad in his future career at Easter Road or elsewhere, however not at Dens Park I'm afraid, imho.

Best regards

Edited by This Charming Man

15 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It will probably help his career in the long run too not being played out of position by McPake and as a result not being noticed for all the wrong reasons.

Eh? By playing him as a winger? He was a million times better as a winger than a left back. If anything, McPake gave Mackie a new lease of life on the park. From games like the most recent derby you could see there is a player in there. Just not a bloody LB.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

You able to summarise it?

If I knew how to set up a link to the BBC Scotland website and tonight’s football podcast I would but I can’t 🙈

He goes on about his role, mentions acadamies he’s been too around the world, what they are trying to coach the kids, emphasis on training training and more training, major change in the intensity of training/ fitness from 16 up, a key factor in coaching youths is to learn them to beat another player to get themselves out of trouble saying that’s how the best players in the world are different from the rest. He has 5 key elements to what they are looking for in players and to help develop them into them. It’s something like ability to beat another player, game intelligence, core strength, fitness and ball control i think! Onus on the individuals rather than the team at youth level and it looks like he’s been responsible for the youths getting put out on loan in the last few weeks. Says he’s never been so busy and loving his time at the club.