All things Dundee FC

5 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d of all the hibs keepers I’d prefer Marciano if we had the pick of the bunch

Yeah - 100%. Has the odd howler, but up there with the best in Scotland. Pretty sure Hibs had to pay a fee to Ashod recently due to appearances hence why Maxwell got a wee run out in the team for them. As for being glad to be rid of Maxwell, I'd be glad to be rid of him as well if our usual number 1 was Marciano.

Hopefully he can make an impact. Absolutely not writing him off but when was the last tome we brought in a loan player who did make a good impact? Scott Allan was fairly decent but didn’t get much game time and only stayed for a few months. Apart from that, am I right I’m thinking they’ve all been pretty poor or am I forgetting someone?

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Hopefully he can make an impact. Absolutely not writing him off but when was the last tome we brought in a loan player who did make a good impact? Scott Allan was fairly decent but didn’t get much game time and only stayed for a few months. Apart from that, am I right I’m thinking they’ve all been pretty poor or am I forgetting someone?

Simon Murray? AJ Leitch Smith?

Ah I see your point.

Think Wright and McGowan almost get pass marks, Allan is a no for me, we haven’t had a good loanee that I can remember. 

Wasn’t impressed by Wright, kind of reminded me a lot of Wighton. Fine when he got the ball in space but not much use unless given that space. Didn’t rate a 50/50 either. Forgot about McGowan, he was alright.

For the amount of loans we’ve had it’s pretty remarkable that there are none better than “okay”.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

For the amount of loans we’ve had it’s pretty remarkable that there are none better than “okay”.

This season, we have had Mackie and McPake, both are rated as utter pish IMO.

Last season, we had Inniss, Miller, Boyle, Wright, McGowan, Robson, Dales, Kallman, Hadenius, Horseshite & Dieng. Might have missed one or two, but thats a shocking amount of utter pish.

Missed Sullivan, or was it O'Sullivan the winger?

Edited by srw

I rated Dieng - but that's probably more to do with the fact he was filling in for Hamilton than him being amazing. Scott Wright was alright, I'd certainly take him back. The rest were utter garbage and this season's are too.

Simon Murray? AJ Leitch Smith?
Ah I see your point.
I liked AJ. Looking back when he played, he was very clever off Moussa and we created a lot (which Moussa missed). Genuinely think it was a successful loan signing for a last minute panic. Would have take him over Miller the season after.

I thought Murray was appallingly bad at football when he come in and made us a worse team overall. I wouldn't have minded him as a cheap squad player for his pace and him getting in the box but he could hardly control a football and hold it up for a few seconds.

Kenny Miller has left Patrick, being replaced by that big, gangly git, Brian Graham.

If I remember rightly, Graham has a horrible knack of usually scoring against us. Also, it's very odd that Miller has moved on again with a fair bit of his contract left, maybe he was sniffing about the manager job again and has selected his next victim - Dunfermline maybe??!!

5 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Kenny Miller has left Patrick, being replaced by that big, gangly git, Brian Graham.

If I remember rightly, Graham has a horrible knack of usually scoring against us. Also, it's very odd that Miller has moved on again with a fair bit of his contract left, maybe he was sniffing about the manager job again and has selected his next victim - Dunfermline maybe??!!

Miller was spotted in Dundee today 👀

Bit meh on Crankshaw. He's obviously highly rated by Wigan as they handed him a new deal as he signed on loan for us, but if he is any good, he's good for what is already a season that I've written off.

Unless he's a world beater and smashes the play-offs for us single handedly, but I can't see it.