All things Dundee FC

We need a new keeper, its as simple as that.

Signing Dorrans is nice but makes no difference if we carry on with Hamilton, the boy is broken, the fact we haven't yet is why I want McPake out.

No need for coaching badges or being an expert, if we want to have a chance of getting a play-off spot we need a new keeper, maybe then we can see how bad the rest are or its just that every mistake they make now is turned into a goal.

A Keeper, 2 Central Defenders and 2 Wingers are what we need.

With Dorrans signing an extension, which wouldn't have happened overnight, it makes the loan signing of Callachan seem even stranger. I don't know if theres restrictions on the number of loan players allowed in The Championship, even if not, its still wages that could have been used more appropriately.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Scenes? He could literally have gone for free at the end of the season if he hadn’t signed this.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why would that be scenes when most expected him to leave this window, for free?

Tidy profit.

1 hour ago, EpicMike said:

Lets not use expressions we don't understand Random...

Christ relax lads, it was a joke.

The biggest downside to this Dorrans deal is that it may as well have been an extension to McPake's contract that was announced!

Goalkeeper has to be a priority. I agree with McPake in that we shouldn't have a complete squad turnover year to year so whilst I agree we could do better than Cammy, there's a good few other priorities to sign and indeed, players I'd punt before him.

I'd punt (if possible):

Mackie (Loan)

Byrne

Ness

Hamilton

Forster

Meekings

And try and sign:

1 keeper (If keeping Ferrie)

2 CHs 

1 CM

2 wingers

That would be my summer business if at all possible.

Craig Wighton has today signed for Arbroath on loan until the summer. 

According to James McPake we were priced out of a deal with Hearts as they expected Dundee to meet 100% of his wages.

Let's hope his good mate Graham Dorrans starts to consistently earn the thicker wedge obviously leftover, judging by the lukewarm response on P&B.

Best regards

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Which keeper are you picking instead of Hamilton if you're the manager then?

You can blame McPake for going into the season with only Hamilton and Ferrie on the books, I was astounded that we didn't bring someone else in, but then you don't know whether he perhaps wanted another keeper in and got told no, or possibly we made offers and got rebuffed. 

Just picking Hamilton isn't really a stick to beat McPake with when he currently doesn't have another viable option. Again, it's not McPake conceding soft goals left and right, it's the keeper.

I would’ve signed a keeper as number 1 priority in the summer. Any half decent manager would’ve done the same. 

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Also some Hibs twitter account saying Mackie is back with them. I'm pretty sure he's there to rehab his injury, but if the loan deal is cut short due to said injury then that leaves us with only McDaid as a winger, plus Crankshaw if/when he arrives. What a laugh this season has been.

It still leaves us with only McDaid if Mackie’s fit

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The biggest downside to this Dorrans deal is that it may as well have been an extension to McPake's contract that was announced!

Goalkeeper has to be a priority. I agree with McPake in that we shouldn't have a complete squad turnover year to year so whilst I agree we could do better than Cammy, there's a good few other priorities to sign and indeed, players I'd punt before him.

I'd punt (if possible):

Mackie (Loan)

Byrne

Ness

Hamilton

Forster

Meekings

And try and sign:

1 keeper (If keeping Ferrie)

2 CHs 

1 CM

2 wingers

That would be my summer business if at all possible.

Spot on except I’d make it January instead of the summer. 

I’m happy and surprised with the news about Dorrans. He’s had 2 poor games on the bounce but before that he was coming on to a decent game. Not having the ‘he wasn’t trying comments’. It’s not a crime to have a poor game now and again. Having a poor game week in, week out is another matter.