All things Dundee FC

Also some Hibs twitter account saying Mackie is back with them. I'm pretty sure he's there to rehab his injury, but if the loan deal is cut short due to said injury then that leaves us with only McDaid as a winger, plus Crankshaw if/when he arrives. What a laugh this season has been.

Which keeper are you picking instead of Hamilton if you're the manager then?
You can blame McPake for going into the season with only Hamilton and Ferrie on the books, I was astounded that we didn't bring someone else in, but then you don't know whether he perhaps wanted another keeper in and got told no, or possibly we made offers and got rebuffed. 
Just picking Hamilton isn't really a stick to beat McPake with when he currently doesn't have another viable option. Again, it's not McPake conceding soft goals left and right, it's the keeper.

He had the whole summer to sign a goalkeeper and I’m not having the excise that he wasn’t given the funds to sign one as every manager including McPake has been given a free reign to sign basically anyone they’ve wanted. Hamilton is one of many reasons which suggests that McPake is not a manager.

I didn’t realise there were still people out there defending McPake and I’m actually astounded that there are. There hasn’t been one game this season to get excited about, any games we have won have been by the slimmest of margins with minimal shots at goal. We don’t play any sort of football, it’s a hopeless hoof up the park in the general direction of a striker. The midfield is all over the place with nobody seeming to know what their role is - players looking lost all over the place. We also can’t even seem to take a simple throw in. This is all stuff that should be getting drilled on the training ground and it clearly isn’t. We’ve shown absolutely no progression since McPake has come in, and I actually think we’ve gotten worse.

He’s totally oblivious to what’s going on during the game as he admitted himself when he said that he didn’t realise our first shot on target against United at Dens came in the 67th minute which is beyond bizarre. I’d have picking Hamilton well down the long list of things suggesting McPake’s incompetency as a manager.

I'm not defending McPake, I'm pointing out that claiming this squad should be competing for the title, and blaming McPake as the sole reason it's not, is just revisionism of the highest order. 

McPake didn't sign Hamilton, and while I've already said I'm astonished that the club went into this season with only Hamilton and Ferrie as keepers, the fact is there are other holes all over the squad, and it's totally unrealistic to expect any manager to compile a fully efficient, well balanced squad from scratch in one single transfer window. Pointing out reality isn't 'defending' McPake, it's pointing out that if he had brought in a solid replacement keeper, we'd all be sitting here slating him for not bringing in another centre half, for signing Forster, for not bringing in more wingers, for not getting anything out of our plethora of central midfielders.

McPake needs punted, and yes, this team is underperforming, but not to the extent of 20-25 points at this stage in the season. Nobody would have sorted the mess we were in May and had us top of the table.

I'm not defending McPake, I'm pointing out that claiming this squad should be competing for the title, and blaming McPake as the sole reason it's not, is just revisionism of the highest order. 
McPake didn't sign Hamilton, and while I've already said I'm astonished that the club went into this season with only Hamilton and Ferrie as keepers, the fact is there are other holes all over the squad, and it's totally unrealistic to expect any manager to compile a fully efficient, well balanced squad from scratch in one single transfer window. Pointing out reality isn't 'defending' McPake, it's pointing out that if he had brought in a solid replacement keeper, we'd all be sitting here slating him for not bringing in another centre half, for signing Forster, for not bringing in more wingers, for not getting anything out of our plethora of central midfielders.
McPake needs punted, and yes, this team is underperforming, but not to the extent of 20-25 points at this stage in the season. Nobody would have sorted the mess we were in May and had us top of the table.
Didnt he let Elliot Parish go and Gourlay , both to spfl teams ?
Parish for me was/ is better than Hamilton.
Ferrie contract runs out in summer so I presume he wont be staying on.

He has had the summer to bring in his own players/ released players also. So far is having a disaster.
We are now into January not far off either play off, I dont think many of us expected to fight for title but we thought/ or certainly I did expect some sort of fight/ effort.

Between pricing and the state of the club right now cant blame people for not going to games.

Sad state of affairs :-(

I would have preferred Parrish to stay as I thought he'd have been absolutely fine in the Championship, but if his contract was up and he didn't want to stay, there's not much anybody can do.

After Hamilton let two complete howlers in v's St.Mirren in the last game of the season, I though McPake would have decided enough was enough, but again, it's worth remembering that we apparently paid a fee for Hamilton, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting an extra-long leash for that reason alone. If we don't bring in a loan keeper before February though I'll be astonished. It's clear from when Hamilton had the appendix issue that the staff don't trust Ferrie to step in, so combine that with frequency with which Hamilton single-handedly gifts teams goals and it's an obvious and immediate priority. 

I can see a scenario where we limp into the playoffs but lose to a single goal over 180 mins, and It's one of those dribblers Hamilton lets straight through him, or punches a cross into his own net etc. Even if it's just a bog-standard, middling goalie we bring in, we're still better off for not having a guy between the sticks that actively costs us results.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That's great for Dundee surely.

I was more than happy for him to leave, he's looked a passenger the past few games (United aside) and felt that it was becoming a wee bit of a distraction as there was no chance he was staying.

That's massive - not so much for this season - but for next. A full pre-season and we might see the Graham Dorrans we all expected to dominate the league next season. Really pleased.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scenes when his new contract involves a £50k release clause, which MK Dons trigger on deadline day.

Why would that be scenes when most expected him to leave this window, for free?

Tidy profit.

34 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Brilliant from his agent.
His good mate is manager of Mk Don's and then gets him a better deal at Dundee.

Maybe take over from Mcpake if he gets punted ?

Don't think Dorrans would have done that to McPake to get more money. And no.