All things Dundee FC

Precisely.
Can you imagine the reaction if the kit makers turned up at Ibrox with the wrong shade of blue?
Similar to the lack of knowledge of the club's history that resulted the MacIntyre/ Dodds fiasco last year.
Just one more way it seems the powers that be don't get it.
Or don't give a hoot.

The correct shade of blue would have been a decent and competent starting point.
Another example of just how half-arsed it would all appear to be within the club at the moment, bearing in mind, someone obviously must have signed-off and approved the current strip contract.
Best regards

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, I do like an occasional measured portion of tradition.  Suits you sir, radiant if I may be so bold!

Best regards1218654629_download(9).jpg.7d8691944d633ac2ce985e79540e1fd8.jpg

It looks good, but it's not right.

Thank you.

So Ness is injured yet again (I'm still not convinced he wasn't already injured going into Saturday), Mackie is injured explaining his absence, Nelson is "a week away from running", and a couple deals will hopefully be completed by the end of the week. Also nothing new on Dorrans.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 16/01/2020 at 23:32, Ludo*1 said:

Singles out Dunfermline in particular for defensive shithousery.

That's an odd one, we were by and large the more attacking team at EEP and still scored 3 at Dens, if we were any good at defensive shithousery we surely wouldn't have conceded 6 goals in two games against Dundee? You could argue we should set up more defensively judging by how successful other teams have done with it. 

22 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18172487.amp/?__twitter_impression=true/

According to this report, we're supposedly monitoring Morton's Lewis Strapp. St Mirren are the main interested party, as well as a plethora of other clubs, but we're the only others that are named (albeit right at the end). Know f**k all about the lad tbh so make of it what you will.

He’s under contract until June 2022 so there’s no real need for us to sell him. He’s been the only positive of our defence this season, but I can’t see another club thinking he’s worth a transfer fee that would make it worth our while to sell him based on a decent half season at this level, if that makes sense.

That's an odd one, we were by and large the more attacking team at EEP and still scored 3 at Dens, if we were any good at defensive shithousery we surely wouldn't have conceded 6 goals in two games against Dundee? You could argue we should set up more defensively judging by how successful other teams have done with it. 

Tend to agree with you there, although it’s amazing how differently people see games.

Can’t remember who it was but a couple of years ago there was a manager that said they were delighted to leave Dens with a result as Dundee were a “very physical side”. Think you can ask any Dundee fan and they’d agree that we’ve had a wide variety of ways of describing our teams over the years but I doubt “physical” has ever been mentioned.

1 minute ago, stu2910 said:

Tend to agree with you there, although it’s amazing how differently people see games.

Can’t remember who it was but a couple of years ago there was a manager that said they were delighted to leave Dens with a result as Dundee were a “very physical side”. Think you can ask any Dundee fan and they’d agree that we’ve had a wide variety of ways of describing our teams over the years but I doubt “physical” has ever been mentioned.

Tbf to McPake the game at Dens I’d have agree with him that Dunfermline were very defensive. 2 banks of 4 sitting very deep. You have to factor in that Hamilton let in 2 terrible goals and the bald Baresi was at fault for the 1st. I think it was after  4-3 that Dunfermline doubled their shots on goal chasing the game. 

42 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you've conceded 6 goals to us in 2 games, then you know your defense is shite.

I know clubs like to go out and out for strikers, but what I would give for a solid keeper like your boy Henderson at Sheffield United.

No point in cheaping out for one. Or in our case spending decent money on quite literally the worst one in the top 3 tiers. 

I'd be making use out of our American contacts and scouting a keeper from their am/pro league's. Sure they might not be better, but surely worth trying anything. Scholarship opportunity?

Our second is clearly not worth it if Hamilton is getting the nod week after week.

Craig Wighton about to join Arbroath on loan. Shaun Rooney about to join St Johnstone on a PCA.

McPake in Courier saying we are close to signing 2. And there's a third he's been waiting to hear back on for almost 2 weeks now.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Craig Wighton about to join Arbroath on loan. Shaun Rooney about to join St Johnstone on a PCA.

McPake in Courier saying we are close to signing 2. And there's a third he's been waiting to hear back on for almost 2 weeks now.

One of your signings is apparently Ollie Crankshaw.

21yo left winger who'll be joining on loan from Wigan. Only ever played non-league football down south, made his name with Curzon Ashton...

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

I know clubs like to go out and out for strikers, but what I would give for a solid keeper like your boy Henderson at Sheffield United.

He's been getting groomed to be Man United's first choice for a few years now. Looks likely they'll punt De Gea (for a stupid amount of money) and have a ready made replacement for years to come.