All things Dundee FC

15 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What do you get out of comments like that? Is it supposed to wind Dundee fans up? Is it to give in-looking Arabs a laugh? Is it supposed to be witty?

All it does is leave you looking like a bit of a dick. See if that was a proper telt to the Dundee supports or someone in particular like Shadowplay's attendance comments - fair enough, but your patter is just fucking reeking Danger. My patter is reeking as well, so I tend to ya know, just speak about my team and giving my useless thoughts on different topics in the Scottish game. 

You'd think you'd have learnt your lesson by now yet time and time again you just come in with tired patter. 

Just ignore him.  There is no point replying.  It took them 4 years to get out of this division and to make matters worse we were the team that put them to the sword.  Thats why he does all this stuff, to erase the brutal reality of 4 years and the Dees at the heart of it.  Not worth the effort of discussing with him.

Nelms has brought in Strachan and Nicholl behind McPake. He tried to bring in Jefferies for McCann. Hartley got a hell of a lot of time. (I'm assuming you weren't including McIntyre in your hyperbole) 

They've all been financially backed well. 

Nelms may well have made bad choices with McCann, McIntyre and now McPake, but he isn't to blame for them 'ruining their managerial careers'. That's all on them, themselves. 

42 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

I'm all for giving managers time, I was one of the last Dundee fans to call for Hartley to get the boot but McPake has shown nothing to suggest he deserves it. If results go against us this weekend we'll find ourselves ending the month closer to 11th than 2nd with negative goal difference, with by far the second highest budget in the division.

That's it exactly for me.

The thing is, it's all well to invest in a youthful manager but there's got to be a prerequisite knowledge/instinct for someone to actually have the ability to go on and make a good career out of it. Some of McPake's decision making has been scary in how batshit it's been. Hartley for me was the last 'real' manager we had and in fairness to him, he did give us reasons to give him a chance to try and recover when things went wrong but it obviously went too far with the last bad run.

I kind of worry we're just going to swing back to an 'experienced heid' again and then when that doesn't work, just appoint Michael Stewart or someone like that. We seem to be stuck in a bit of a cycle.

In all honesty, when Nelms makes his next appointment, he shouldn't come out with some big sales pitch. He did it with McIntyre, the shout for experience was flavour of the month with fans and he was desperate to get quotes out that showed him as getting that point and then with McPake, he come out trying to imply he was the main man all along and they had a team of superhuman 'old heids' on stand by to transfuse parts of their brains and mobile contact books in McPake's head. This appointment, he should take as long as he needs with it (if we get knocked back, we start again) and not project his insecurities to the support. If improvement on the pitch comes, he'll be appreciated with that alone rather than some shitty quotations in online Courier articles.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have kept Hartley until the 0-7 game. That was the moment I knew he was done. And then a couple of weeks later he admitted to the press he was out of ideas.  If those 2 moments never happened, I'd have given Hartley time.

McCann, McIntyre & McPake should never have got the job in the first place. McCann had the gift of the gab - So I can understand why Nelms was fooled into thinking that he'd be good for us. Even the slightest bit of research into McIntyre would have ensured he should have never been appointed. McPake was always being groomed for the top job - If he was to get the job at some point, it should have been when we were in a relatively stable position so there was some flexibility for on the job learning. I argued that he'd have the perfect chance to build the squad in his image since it was a blank canvas in the summer, but the reality is it gave him too much scope on things to make mistakes with.

It's a sorry situation for McPake as no aspiring manager would turn down a job in which they'll be backed with a lot of cash at a very high level (For a first time manager) and since he's floundering, he'll be lucky to have a managerial career after this. Nelms has arguably killed 3 managerial careers in a row now.

When we finally do part ways with McPake - Nelms needs to get it right or there'll be more than just individual careers at risk.

Can't argue with much there.

I take it you'll be changing your avatar then??!!

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18172487.amp/?__twitter_impression=true/

According to this report, we're supposedly monitoring Morton's Lewis Strapp. St Mirren are the main interested party, as well as a plethora of other clubs, but we're the only others that are named (albeit right at the end). Know f**k all about the lad tbh so make of it what you will.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have kept Hartley until the 0-7 game. That was the moment I knew he was done. And then a couple of weeks later he admitted to the press he was out of ideas.  If those 2 moments never happened, I'd have given Hartley time.

McCann, McIntyre & McPake should never have got the job in the first place. McCann had the gift of the gab - So I can understand why Nelms was fooled into thinking that he'd be good for us. Even the slightest bit of research into McIntyre would have ensured he should have never been appointed. McPake was always being groomed for the top job - If he was to get the job at some point, it should have been when we were in a relatively stable position so there was some flexibility for on the job learning. I argued that he'd have the perfect chance to build the squad in his image since it was a blank canvas in the summer, but the reality is it gave him too much scope on things to make mistakes with.

It's a sorry situation for McPake as no aspiring manager would turn down a job in which they'll be backed with a lot of cash at a very high level (For a first time manager) and since he's floundering, he'll be lucky to have a managerial career after this. Nelms has arguably killed 3 managerial careers in a row now.

When we finally do part ways with McPake - Nelms needs to get it right or there'll be more than just individual careers at risk.

Next appointment clearly has to be someone whose surname doesn't begin with 'Mc'.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If McPake has given us anything as a manager, it's his various brilliant facial reactions.

Agreed, international class, well worthy of the admission money alone I'd say, lol. 

In fairness to the man, probably lost all facial control after seeing McDaids latest haircut. 

Best regards1575371378_rikandade.jpg.13ad57c40c0299e53b7e32433cecba0a.jpg

Nelms is the biggest problem. He's now recruited three consecutive managers who aren't even close to being up to the job. He won't be binned but we have absolutely no hope of progressing to any significant degree on the pitch while he is around to make continually awful personnel decisions.

42 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Nelms is the biggest problem. He's now recruited three consecutive managers who aren't even close to being up to the job. He won't be binned but we have absolutely no hope of progressing to any significant degree on the pitch while he is around to make continually awful personnel decisions.

Needs to realise he needs to leave the football decisions to someone more qualified, and instead focus on the other areas of the club, including the progression of this apocryphal new stadium. I don't want to dislike him, but every football-related decision has been awful.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nelms should take note, we've been utter gash since we started wearing all navy. #BringBackTheWhiteShorts

The correct shade of blue would have been a decent and competent starting point.

Another example of just how half-arsed it would all appear to be within the club at the moment, bearing in mind, someone obviously must have signed-off and approved the current strip contract.

Best regards