All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's us down to 17 first team players - reckon a suitable squad number is around 20/21. 

I'm just going with the idea that McPake is in charge for next season. If I'm honest, I'd prefer for us to be making deals with a view to next season ie, PCA rather than getting anyone now.

Shaun Rooney, Alan Forrest, Thomas O'Brien and another winger - thanks.

Eta: And Speroni.

Going by his comments at that Q&A thing with the BBC yesterday, that will be exactly what he is doing.

Surprised at the amount of people greeting about Josh Todd leaving. He'd not have featured tomorrow and he's been largely ineffective. He's played 18 times with over 800 minutes played and he' done what exactly?

When Sean Mackie is getting a game ahead of him, it should have been clear his time was up.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised at the amount of people greeting about Josh Todd leaving. He'd not have featured tomorrow and he's been largely ineffective. He's played 18 times with over 800 minutes played and he' done what exactly?

When Sean Mackie is getting a game ahead of him, it should have been clear his time was up.

I'm more annoyed that we've got rid of 2 depth players the day before a game.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm more annoyed that we've got rid of 2 depth players the day before a game.

To be fair - 

Assuming we keep the same formation. McDaid will come back in, dropping Mackie to the bench meaning Todd wouldn't have played.

Jamie Ness being back means Moore won't be on the bench (And the addition of Callachan).

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Apparently we are not remotely interested in the wee lad from MK Dons. Sounds like MK Dons wanted to part X on Dorrans 😂

That sounds like English league smugness trying to include a 17 year old loanee for our best player.

I must be one of the very few who actually feel Todd has something to offer.

The fact Mackie plays ahead of him is not necessarily a sign of Todd’s ineptitude - in this case it’s more likely a sign of McPake’s ineptitude.

16 minutes ago, Muggy said:

I must be one of the very few who actually feel Todd has something to offer.

The fact Mackie plays ahead of him is not necessarily a sign of Todd’s ineptitude - in this case it’s more likely a sign of McPake’s ineptitude.

I thought the same as you but if McPake isn’t playing him and he looks to be staying, then he’s better off the wage bill. 

If a person with a brain was running us, they'd punt McPake tonight, appoint a new manager after letting applications come in and allow the new guy 6 months to assess the squad and punt a good few.