All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Apparently he is "absolutely delighted to be here" - they're paying my wages now.

He said he's surplus to requirements at St Johnstone. Seems strange that it's just a loan considering he's out of contract in the summer - he could have just signed a short term deal with us for example.

That suggests to me that St Johnstone are still covering a percentage of his wages.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He said he's surplus to requirements at St Johnstone. Seems strange that it's just a loan considering he's out of contract in the summer - he could have just signed a short term deal with us for example.

That suggests to me that St Johnstone are still covering a percentage of his wages.

Being facetious, but I would imagine we are paying the bulk seeing as we are benefitting from his presence.

Hopefully can do a trick in the championship.

3 hours ago, The Marly said:
4 hours ago, Yenitit said:
The biggest head scratcher about this signing is a central midfielder is the very bottom of our list of priorities,infact it’s that low it probably shouldn’t even be on a list. Regarding Callachan I think he’s generally had decent performances in the games he’s played against us and think he’s scored in a couple. Admittedly I’ve not saw him that often but I’ll make my own decisions rather than hyperbole from fans of another team. The comparison with Curran is very unfair. He was pish and we all knew that from watching him against us for Ross County. 

When is the penny going to drop for our manager that we desperately need a new keeper and at least 1 centrehalf and 1 wide midfielder. 

Would you like to loan Vihmann and Swanson?

Nope, no and you can keep Stevie May as well. Is Matty Kennedy available?

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Suggests to me St Johnstone are worried about a possible playoff. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was free to leave us so this would make sense tbh, as disappointing as that is for us. Also, maybe Dundee, rightfully, wouldnt sign him without reducing his current wage and hes decided to hold off on the higher wage for 6 months to try and convince you hes worth the larger one.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

In theory, Danny Swanson would be a cracking wide creative player. 

Depends where you play him, stick him on the left and give him freedom, and he'd be outstanding for your level.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Depends where you play him, stick him on the left and give him freedom, and he'd be outstanding for your level.

That'd be where he'd play and with Marshall's legs, Swanson would get a free role.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That'd be where he'd play and with Marshall's legs, Swanson would get a free role.

Would be a good signing then. He's still good enough for the top flight tbh. Only reason hes free to leave us is Matty Kennedy. Thats who he was competing with for position, and Kennedy caught fire at the same time Swanson started struggling with personal issues (which hes admitted in the press), and Swanson never really got a run to get any form. His age, and wage, are counting against him now too, for us anyway.

*awaits comments about Kennedy leaving*

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would be a good signing then. He's still good enough for the top flight tbh. Only reason hes free to leave us is Matty Kennedy. Thats who he was competing with for position, and Kennedy caught fire at the same time Swanson started struggling with personal issues (which hes admitted in the press), and Swanson never really got a run to get any form. His age, and wage, are counting against him now too, for us anyway.

*awaits comments about Kennedy leaving*

Kennedy, is he leaving?

Another name being discussed on both our and Hearts' forums is Donis Avdijaj. LM/CAM, Kosovar player with heaps of talent and experience at the top levels of the game, but a trainwreck with a long history of issues regarding his ambition and attitude to the game. That's a nope from me.