All things Dundee FC

5 hours ago, Aufc said:

I heard a rumour that forfar wanted logan chalmers on loan from united but were told he was going to arbroath because o’brien was going to United

Yeah all the rumours I've seen seemed to be pointing O’Brien going across the street. I definitely believe the Rooney PCA is more plausible.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just for a giggle.
Hypothetically say we manage to finish in play offs and we manage to get promoted via play offs.

Which players would be kept if you were the manager ?

After checking overhead for flying pigs and blue snow, I would keep:

Dorrans, Hemmings, Johnson, Nelson, Robertson, Marshall & McGhee for definite.

McGowan, Kerr, McDaid & Todd would be useful as squad players, and the younger ones coming though should be kept on as well - Moore, Sharp, Cunningham etc.

I still honestly don't know if Byrne & Ness should be kept, because I've yet to see either of them influence a game in any way (which ,may speak for itself, I suppose).

Still, never going to happen

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just for a giggle.
Hypothetically say we manage to finish in play offs and we manage to get promoted via play offs.

McGhee, Marshall, Hemmings, Johnson, Gowser, Dorrans (though he'll be leaving anyway), Robertson, Nelson. Possibly McDaid and Kerr too.

15 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just for a giggle.

Giggle?  I’m in kinks.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

McGhee, Marshall, Hemmings, Johnson, Gowser, Dorrans (though he'll be leaving anyway), Robertson, Nelson. Possibly McDaid and Kerr too.

Byrne would be more suited to a team under pressure from an attacking side than trying to unlock defences so I'd keep him. 

I think we've got a good few players who could handle the step up, we are just slightly imbalanced with a few glaring weak areas and have a terrible manager. 

Cause I’m in hospitality I rarely get a Saturday off and only ever get to the Tuesday/Wednesday night games , I’ve got this Saturday off should I go see the game or should I get pissed? Lately this forums been full of “its shite or I’m not paying for that” or something along those lines , will it change against Ayr?

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As we're supposedly close to two PCAs, and one of them looks to be Shaun Rooney, who do you guys think we'd be targeting for the other PCA?

Where does it say we are close? Getting a bit hyped.

30 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Cause I’m in hospitality I rarely get a Saturday off and only ever get to the Tuesday/Wednesday night games , I’ve got this Saturday off should I go see the game or should I get pissed? Lately this forums been full of “its shite or I’m not paying for that” or something along those lines , will it change against Ayr?

Get pissed, then go to the game would be my advice.

Best regards

(Edit  -  As long as someone available to drive you back to Rattray)

Edited by This Charming Man

Yes he is Rooney can't defend. Fine against the likes of Alloa or Morton where he can bomb up and down the right and has tons of energy and aggression but up against a decent winger with pace where he has to defend, he struggles badly.

I take it McPake plans to build Dundee into a decent Championship side with these signings rather than a team capable of winning promotion.

Rooney is probably a decent signing if you have a solid defence, which we do. If Dundee can do the same then he’ll be fine I reckon.

Has to be noted that Rooney has had a pretty average career so far and was considered a bombscare elsewhere. ICT turned him around as we always do, so he might not be the same elsewhere.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just for a giggle.

I’d keep most of the regular starting 11 and bin the rest except the promising youngsters. 

Keep Kerr, McGhee, Marshall, McDaid, Dorrans, Byrne, McGowan, Hemmings, Nelson and Johnson plus the youngsters Ferrie, Robertson, Cameron, Mulligan and Cunningham. We’d need to sign 8 or 9 again. Which I’d go for a new 1st choice keeper, right back, 2 centrehalfs , right midfielder, left midfielder, central midfielder and striker. 

McGhee, Marshall, Dorrans and Hemmings the only lot out of that list to be in the starting 11.