All things Dundee FC

This describes both sides in Dundee, btw.
Difference being our owners have been here 6yrs and any money they put in they negate by releasing more shares, hence no debt to some sugar daddy. Them across the road are currently in debt to their new owner to the tune of several million. What happens when he realises there's nothing to be made from his new venture??

1 minute ago, Dee-funked said:
6 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

How do you know Ogren doesn’t want to be here?

The folk who brought him here didn't give him the full story, he found this out after the deal was done, he was raging, but fair play, he's took the attitude 'in for a penny' and is running with it. Doesn't fill you with confidence that it'll end well of course.

Yeah I’m sure a guy of his experience didn’t carry out due diligence prior to making a fairly significant investment.

The folk who brought him here didn't give him the full story, he found this out after the deal was done, he was raging, but fair play, he's took the attitude 'in for a penny' and is running with it. Doesn't fill you with confidence that it'll end well of course.

He hired a sports management company, Revolution Sports, to find him a club to invest in. They withheld some of the details regarding our situation? If you know more than me then fair enough but if Ogren was unhappy then I’m sure a few people would have got that information out.

Yeah I’m sure a guy of his experience didn’t carry out due diligence prior to making a fairly significant investment.
Sweet!! If you're happy to go down the same road as we did with previous owners, as Hearts did with Romanov then fair play, but it's not a good road. He ain't making anything out of Scottish football and he'll soon realise that, where will that leave you??

He hired a sports management company, Revolution Sports, to find him a club to invest in. They withheld some of the details regarding our situation? If you know more than me then fair enough but if Ogren was unhappy then I’m sure a few people would have got that information out.
Is that Asghar's company?? Wonder what would encourage him to convince a sugar daddy to invest?? [emoji848]

Is that Asghar's company?? Wonder what would encourage him to convince a sugar daddy to invest?? [emoji848]

It’s not his company but he works with them.

As I say, you obviously have more information than most, so if you are right then you have nothing to worry about and we are heading for trouble at some point in the next few seasons.

8 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Difference being our owners have been here 6yrs and any money they put in they negate by releasing more shares, hence no debt to some sugar daddy. 

Your debt to them, officially, is around £1.6m is it not?

It’s not his company but he works with them.

As I say, you obviously have more information than most, so if you are right then you have nothing to worry about and we are heading for trouble at some point in the next few seasons.
Couldn't care less tbh. I know what I know, but it doesn't put me up or down. Just pointing out that it's a tad naive for folk to 100% buy into something that for all the world looks like the very same set up that almost cost other clubs everything, especially after the shit we took for buying into the very same thing. Be very wary of 'guardian angels' promising the world.

Couldn't care less tbh. I know what I know, but it doesn't put me up or down. Just pointing out that it's a tad naive for folk to 100% buy into something that for all the world looks like the very same set up that almost cost other clubs everything, especially after the shit we took for buying into the very same thing. Be very wary of 'guardian angels' promising the world.

You say that as if all of us are 100% buying into Ogren’s long-term viability? At the moment there is nothing to suggest he is a charlatan but nearly all United fans also have a cautious attitude when thinking about the long-term. At the moment things are great, so the immediate reaction is hugely positive and it gives us plenty of ammunition to be a bit cocky about things. We all know that it could get difficult but there is no way of predicting that.

14 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:
17 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Be very wary of 'guardian angels' promising the world.

I can't think of a single "promising the world" statement. Ogren has stated that he wants us in the top league, challenging for cups, euro nights etc. That's a reasonable expectation imho for Dundee United and a reasonable expectation for it's owner, if he wants to build a successful club with his investment. 

It's not like he has promised new stadiums, like your current owners, or shelled out on ex big name players like your previous incumbents.

I view Ogren with suspicion, as I would anyone else coming in to the club, but there has been no pie in the sky coming from the club. 

You seem to be more ITK than I am though.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I cant be the only c**t here really give 0 fucks about united.... on a Dundee page...

Dorrans to stay or go elsewhere ?

Well I shared an article that got completely ignored where MK Dons boss Russell Martin seems to distance himself from signing Dorrans.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well I shared an article that got completely ignored where MK Dons boss Russell Martin seems to distance himself from signing Dorrans.

Sorry, I missed that post with all the white noise on here.  Any indication in the article whether MK Dons have lost interest or whether Dorrans is holding out for a better gig?

Tbf, he didn't exactly rule it out, far from it. Made clear that he wants him but played the game and stated that Dorrans is currently signed to another club and it's out of his hands, so what will be will be kind of thing. Make no mistake, he is all out for him but doesn't want to appear to be going about it in the wrong way.

27 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

I can't think of a single "promising the world" statement. Ogren has stated that he wants us in the top league, challenging for cups, euro nights etc. That's a reasonable expectation imho for Dundee United and a reasonable expectation for it's owner, if he wants to build a successful club with his investment. 

It's not like he has promised new stadiums, like your current owners, or shelled out on ex big name players like your previous incumbents.

I view Ogren with suspicion, as I would anyone else coming in to the club, but there has been no pie in the sky coming from the club. 

You seem to be more ITK than I am though.

Is it reasonable to be having losses of £73 000 per week? That’s the killer question that you  seem to be deliberately missing out. £6m trading losses in the last 2 seasons alone, christ knows how much is to be added to that for this current season. Your club appears to be spending even more money this season with quite a few contract extensions which will only see wage rises and wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if it’s now higher than 73k per week. Yet still your club’s supporters appear to be wanting yet more signings in January meaning yet more losses. I’d imagine most people outside your support think it’s going to go tits up financially yet no dayglos appear to care about the losses. Don’t say you weren’t warned. 

10 grand losses every day 😮 What are you going to do to stop it going tits up?

Edited to say sorry to the fellow Dees for continuing this, my bad. 

Edited by Yenitit

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Is it reasonable to be having losses of £73 000 per week? That’s the killer question that you  seem to be deliberately missing out. £6m trading losses in the last 2 seasons alone, christ knows how much is to be added to that for this current season. Your club appears to be spending even more money this season with quite a few contract extensions which will only see wage rises and wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if it’s now higher than 73k per week. Yet still your club’s supporters appear to be wanting yet more signings in January meaning yet more losses. I’d imagine most people outside your support think it’s going to go tits up financially yet no dayglos appear to care about the losses. Don’t say you weren’t warned. 

10 grand losses every day 😮 What are you going to do to stop it going tits up?

Edited to say sorry to the fellow Dees for continuing this, my bad. 

You appear to have a greater understanding of United's books than i, or the Ogren's have. 

We also ditched a lot of money off the books at the time of the last accounts but you foresee it continuing?

The irony of a Dee asking me what am I going to do to stop it going tits up isn't lost on me. 

Maybe I will need to shake a bucket or sell toffee like you are used to doing, but I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

You appear to have a greater understanding of United's books than i, or the Ogren's have. 

We also ditched a lot of money off the books at the time of the last accounts but you foresee it continuing?

The irony of a Dee asking me what am I going to do to stop it going tits up isn't lost on me. 

Maybe I will need to shake a bucket or sell toffee like you are used to doing, but I doubt it.

Why would I be more privy to information that was released by your club in its accounts than you or is it just head in the sand sort of stuff by yourself?

If the irony is lost on you a Dee saying that to an Arab then I’m lost for words. I wouldn’t get to cocky with the bucket remark, things like that tend to comeback to bite you on the arse. 

I see you never answered if it was reasonable to be losing £73 000 per week. 

Edited by Yenitit