All things Dundee FC

Imagine responding to a simple number with these wee diatribe then ending it by calling other people angry. Quality stuff.

It was a general comment based on the amount of you that feel the need to constantly go on about Dundee despite saying that you “don’t care”. You obviously do. Where in that post am I angry?

12 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

Lets see where we end up. I'm not making any false proclamations. I don't know the squad for next season. 

But, a fellow supporter of your club reckons we are a yo yo club. I don't think we are. I think Dundee are, as history proves. 

I would agree with that. 

I think it's a bit silly to say 'where as a rule we do ok' when you admit you don't know what your squad will be like. Personally - and I've said this from the start of the season when I said you'd win the league at a canter - I think you need a massive rebuild just to consolidate. If we somehow fluke it up through the play offs, so would we. 

19 minutes ago, Dele said:

We are a yo-yo club. Nobody denies that here. 

Good luck using the 'as a rule' card whilst sitting in the relegation places next season. How many points is it worth? 

Neither Dundee club should be out of the top division for a prolonged period of time.  Money plays a significant factor in football and the two clubs have the sixth and seventh highest revenue in Scotland.  Mismanagement has played a huge part for the demise of both clubs but if that can be addressed both clubs should be in the top flight and be able to avoid the relegation dogfight.

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It was a general comment based on the amount of you that feel the need to constantly go on about Dundee despite saying that you “don’t care”. You obviously do. Where in that post am I angry?

Ross my man, I don't care if you're angry or not. Surely to f**k though you understand why Utd fans might be wanting to do a bit of gloating at the moment?

Ross my man, I don't care if you're angry or not. Surely to f**k though you understand why Utd fans might be wanting to do a bit of gloating at the moment?

But you don’t care about us anymore remember. You sound like one of those who were raging at Dundee fans having the audacity to celebrate a derby equaliser.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Neither Dundee club should be out of the top division for a prolonged period of time.  Money plays a significant factor in football and the two clubs have the sixth and seventh highest revenue in Scotland.

I think that's quite a simplistic way to look at it - and a dangerous one at that, too. Out of interest what do you expect from next season and what would be acceptable?

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I think that's quite a simplistic way to look at it - and a dangerous one at that, too. Out of interest what do you expect from next season and what would be acceptable?

I know that's a question for him, but with a mad budget to rein in, a new squad to find, Shankland undoubtedly needing replaced and staying in the top flight is going to be quite the magic trick.

Edited by Crawford

17 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

But you don’t care about us anymore remember. You sound like one of those who were raging at Dundee fans having the audacity to celebrate a derby equaliser.

You seem to have a bit of a fixation with people being angry or raging, is it possible you're taking this all slightly too seriously? You also seem to be attributing opinions to me which I've never expressed. For me Dundee are and always will be our biggest rivals and I'll always take enjoyment from us being on top in the city. I expect the same back when the roles are reversed.

Fucked if I know what you're on about in that second sentence.

7 hours ago, Dele said:

Seventh to tenth but not scraping along every week trying to keep out of the relegation/play off spots.

Neither Dundee club should be out of the top division for a prolonged period of time.  Money plays a significant factor in football and the two clubs have the sixth and seventh highest revenue in Scotland.  Mismanagement has played a huge part for the demise of both clubs but if that can be addressed both clubs should be in the top flight and be able to avoid the relegation dogfight.

You’ve had the 6th biggest budget in Scotland for the last 4 seasons. In the first of those seasons we relegated you and you spent the next 2 failing miserably in the championship. Hearts have the 4th or 5th biggest budget in the country and they’re sitting rock bottom at the moment.

Clearly that’s not how it works [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

You’ve had the 6th biggest budget in Scotland for the last 4 seasons. In the first of those seasons we relegated you and you spent the next 2 failing miserably in the championship. Hearts have the 4th or 5th biggest budget in the country and they’re sitting rock bottom at the moment.

Clearly that’s not how it works emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

I never said that’s how it works, I said that’s how it should work.  I also pointed out that mismanagement at both clubs have been the main cause of our respective failings.

I still believe that revenue does and should play a major part in a club’s fortunes.  There will, of course, be exceptions - St Johnstone being a good example of this.  A club that has over performed in relation to their resources, something I would put down to a good manager who has been prepared to stick with them.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

The really funny thing is they (those that are left) genuinely believe they are on the cusp of greatness again, not understanding that they’re a yo yo team now. Most likely they’ll come straight back down again which will be highly amusing.

The greatest thing to happen in most Dundee fans lives was seeing United suffer misfortune.

Now the more deranged ones make it through each day with the hope of misfortune still to come.

Thats no life.