All things Dundee FC

Sorry to hear of recent events @Bigmouth Strikes Again.

One thing that following a football club gives is memory after memory of being with family members or mates. From a wee boy to now I can think of so many things that will bring a smile to my pus.

That's what makes the place so special. I hope Dens gives you good memories everytime you visit. That's part of the reason we return year in year out. Supporting this club is more than about the winning and losing. It's in the blood.

Let's hope the three points are in the bag today as a nice wee tribute but let's be honest it's Dundee we're talking about!

4 0 Inverness.

Thank you Biggie.

39 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Sorry to hear of recent events @Bigmouth Strikes Again.

One thing that following a football club gives is memory after memory of being with family members or mates. From a wee boy to now I can think of so many things that will bring a smile to my pus.

That's what makes the place so special. I hope Dens gives you good memories everytime you visit. That's part of the reason we return year in year out. Supporting this club is more than about the winning and losing. It's in the blood.

Let's hope the three points are in the bag today as a nice wee tribute but let's be honest it's Dundee we're talking about!

4 0 Inverness.

Thank you Biggie.

What a really nice post, thank you, he started taking me to Dens when I was about 5 or 6, 1970 season, he never used to pay though, I had to crawl under the turnstile.😀 I used to then sit on the wall at the front of the Derry. My sons now the fourth generation of Dees, quite proud of that, love this club.

Aye, with the performance last night and of the last few weeks I feel that if we can make that consistent we could do well in the playoffs. It's a big if, but certainly feel better about it right now than say last month.
They big ifs again. I got telt off for them.

Lucky you have missed this first half.

On 01/01/2020 at 12:53, srw said:

Happy New Year to all, lets hope for a better 2020 than the last few years. 

Hopefully we can win on Saturday, get off to a good start for the year, and McPake can shut the doubters up. Would be a good feeling if we can beat ICT, and go on a wee run of good form, while sadly I don't have any confidence in this, Id love to be wrong, and would love to be clamped by McPake and his 15 game winning run 😁.

Bah humbug, couldn't even get a half, let alone a game into the New Year before we are reminded that this season is just a clusterfuck.

Change things now, theres no point prolonging with this absolute nonsense.

The last few matches have just papered over the cracks - what it does confirm is that McPake hasn't got a fucking clue how to change a game.

This lack of width makes it so easy to close us down and leaves us vulnerable to attacks down the flanks. It doesn't help that playing with Mackie is like playing with 10 men sometimes.

Today has to be as bad as it ever gets. McPake so far out of his depth its ridiculous. How are we meant to attract any punters to the game when that’s what’s on offer. 

He should’ve been punted 2 months ago, today has to be the final straw. 

7 points off the relegation playoff spot is a bigger concern than us making the playoffs at the top end! Once again we have a decent team on paper who are shite on grass, with a rookie manager and we all know how that goes..........except John Nelms that is

I agree Dele re Mackie. Not a star but he has a wee bit of skill and he’s hard - we don’t have much ‘hardness’ in our team.
Mackie could be this hardy player... but he is shit

If he continues to show progress which I think he has in the last couple of weeks, and can take us on a run which leads us into 2nd I’ll give him time. If he resorts back to Forster etc then he clearly isn’t learning. However, as it is, it’s seems as though he is.
Resorted back in a matter of... 1 game.

f**k it that will be me for this evening.

That was brutal today. The whole team was shite.

37 minutes ago, srw said:

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The last few matches have just papered over the cracks - what it does confirm is that McPake hasn't got a fucking clue how to change a game.

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

He should’ve been punted 2 months ago, today has to be the final straw. 

Absolutely 110% correct and none of us take any delight or satisfaction from stating the obvious.

Best regards

It sounds like a "do us a favour mate". He was never a great player and he has hardly played since leaving.
We have good strikers up front and things are beginning to work for them. 
Only desperate changes we need are a keeper and a CB. 2nd place is ours if he can address those two areas.
We will be lucky to make the play offs. Still resorting to bringing in old has beens....no desire to play the young lads apart from Robertson

1 hour ago, srw said:

Bah humbug, couldn't even get a half, let alone a game into the New Year before we are reminded that this season is just a clusterfuck.

Aye, somebody should have a quiet word in Danny Johnson’s lug that there’s no way you guys are catching us.  Mind the gap boys and have a nice evening. Thank you.

This feels just like a continuation of last season. Dreadful.

I'm past the anger stage, I'm beginning to just not give a f**k anymore. McPake needs bulleted, Nelms won't do it and on we go. 

Edited by Ludo*1

30 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Absolutely 110% correct and none of us take any delight or satisfaction from stating the obvious.

Best regards

Other than for financial reasons there is no logic behind keeping him. Tactically out done yet again and he can get his “diamondy type midfield 4” right in the fuckin sea. We’re pish poor and need a clear out yet again.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This feels just like a continuation of last season. Dreadful.

I'm past the anger stage, I'm beginning to just not give a f**k anymore. McPake needs bulleted, Nelms won't do it and on we go. 

Exactly  this, John Nelms appears to be killing this club. I've never known so many who have had enough and can't  get arsed anymore. You really couldn't make up how incompetent his decisions have  been