All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So was I but I’m not signing.

That's a shame. I reckon you'd have done better than Ash Taylor tbh. Have you another club lined up? 

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What a depressing downgrade that would be.

Absolutely. Its enough to make a grown man cry if it comes to fruition. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lends credence to the Ross Callachan rumour as well.

Replacing Dorrans with Callachan would be like shitting on your floor to replace a carpet.

Fucking hell.

Might there be a break in Dorrans contract depending on what offers are made? The risk with the signing at the time was his fitness and now that he has shown himself to be back to 100% he may have negotiated something in his deal to reflect that?

Wouldn’t be surprised in clubs being after him, if he is indeed over his injury worries he would easily have another couple of years left in him at a good level.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Replacing Dorrans with Callachan would be like shitting on your floor to replace a carpet.

Fucking hell.

We've got players that could play the Dorrans role (Although obviously, nowhere near as good at it) whilst we lack a bit of bite. The only logic I could find in it would be if we switched McGowan/Robertson/Or planned on additional signings in that role and Callachan as the ball winner.

Losing Dorrans would be absolutely grim because there's no-way we're replacing his quality regardless of who we sign. Signing Callachan would be grim because if we don't lose Dorrans - Who's he gonna be getting game time in place of? McGowan is integral to our team and dropping Robertson would be craziness at this point.

Hope it's all nonsense tbh. Although McPake's post-match interview didn't sound too positive and Dorrans has said he wants to be back playing in the top flight.

This has all the signs of the Gavin Rae/Barry Smith agreement back in the 2011/12 season.

We've got players that could play the Dorrans role (Although obviously, nowhere near as good at it) whilst we lack a bit of bite. The only logic I could find in it would be if we switched McGowan/Robertson/Or planned on additional signings in that role and Callachan as the ball winner.
Losing Dorrans would be absolutely grim because there's no-way we're replacing his quality regardless of who we sign. Signing Callachan would be grim because if we don't lose Dorrans - Who's he gonna be getting game time in place of? McGowan is integral to our team and dropping Robertson would be craziness at this point.

Hope it's all nonsense tbh. Although McPake's post-match interview didn't sound too positive and Dorrans has said he wants to be back playing in the top flight.
This has all the signs of the Gavin Rae/Barry Smith agreement back in the 2011/12 season.

What did McPake say? Was this after the derby?

I think we'd have a very bad time if we kept playing the same style with that sort of adjustment tbh.

I half wonder if Sibbald could maybe be on the managers radar. I don't think the Livi move has suited him but I don't think many wouldn't argue he's a good footballer. Plenty of goals to his name at this level at a time the league had the Edinburgh clubs and Rangers. Also a perfect age. I'd be raging if he went to Ayr or wherever and we got a defensive mid to replace Dorrans if he does go.

17 minutes ago, Moo said:

What did McPake say? Was this after the derby?

He said:

'He's now hitting a level of fitness and a level of consistency in his own body; he's had a torrid time with injury. He's too good to be playing in this league, there's no question of that. We are delighted we have him at this football club... I would love to keep him... for the rest of the time I'm here.'

More than likely reading too much into it.

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If Dorrans goes Dundee will only have five of the best midfielders in the Championship left in their squad.  😕

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m celebrating the fact that I can remember something from a few months ago; don’t judge me for it.

Here is a test for your longer term memory.  Not that It suggesting you are on constant repeat GD but in an equally repetitive manner, what Dundee derby game had the lowest away support since you started supporting United?

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Here is a test for your longer term memory.  Not that It suggesting you are on constant repeat GD but in an equally repetitive manner, what Dundee derby game had the lowest away support since you started supporting United?

Memory’s a funny thing...

(You’re not)