All things Dundee FC

Well it's clear Mackie's no a left back. He looks a lot less of a liability playing further forward even if he's still no great shakes.

McDaid I'm not sold on. He's inconsistent at best, and I also think he's the sort of wide player who is only really effective when he cuts inside and attacks the box. I don't think that he's the type of wide player we really need if McPake is going to continue to play two up front. He's more suited to playing as one of the wide three in a one forward formation, whereas I think with Hemmings and Johnson on the pitch we're crying out for a typical winger who will stay wide, go past his man, and put a decent cross in.

I still don't think it's remotely realistic to expect much improvement in January anyway as there's too much wrong with this squad to put right in one month. I always thought winning this league would be a two season proposition at best, and supposing we do find a new keeper, centre half partnership, full back , winger etc, we still have the problem that if we start playing with more width we're just creating more pressure for the centre mids which was a huge problem when we played flat 4-4-2 earlier in the season. 

Hemmings, Meekings and Dorrans were excellent.
Apart from costing us the goal? Kerr losses man but clark shouldnt be beating Meekings to the ball
Yet morons still part blaming Hamilton ffs.

Robertson thought did well. Hemmings did alright for what service he got. Some poor first touches and falling about in first half however .
Still like Marshall and Mcghee .

Impressed overall with the team performance. Showed real fight and character, and at the end of the day perhaps should've won, but a point and strong performance against the in-form team in Scotland who'd not yet dropped a single league point at home beforehand is far better than the performances we were getting a month ago. Need to keep the positive momentum rolling on into the new year in what looks to be a crucial game to win at home to Caley. Frankly I'm just glad I get to be proud of my team in the aftermath of a derby for the first time in ages.

Hemmings was fucking excellent, considering the service he got. Run himself into the ground and was getting us up the park when he had no right to. 

My opinion - McDaid plays, we lose that. Yes Mackie wasn't a star but he kept McMullan quiet but most importantly - put himself about. The twice McDaid has tried that = 2 penalties. Did not miss watching two step drag over resulting in a throw to United after he's shrugged off the ball. 

16 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Apart from costing us the goal? Kerr losses man but clark shouldnt be beating Meekings to the ball
Yet morons still part blaming Hamilton ffs.

Robertson thought did well. Hemmings did alright for what service he got. Some poor first touches and falling about in first half however .
Still like Marshall and Mcghee .

I’m looking for the keeper to do better. It’s went right above his head from 7 or 8 yards out. The manager’s tactics didn’t help either. 

18 minutes ago, Dele said:

Hemmings was fucking excellent, considering the service he got. Run himself into the ground and was getting us up the park when he had no right to. 

My opinion - McDaid plays, we lose that. Yes Mackie wasn't a star but he kept McMullan quiet but most importantly - put himself about. The twice McDaid has tried that = 2 penalties. Did not miss watching two step drag over resulting in a throw to United after he's shrugged off the ball. 

Spot on mate, I shat myself when I seen the team sheet but mackie was very good. We stopped mcmullan which stopped shankland imo

I’m looking for the keeper to do better. It’s went right above his head from 7 or 8 yards out. The manager’s tactics didn’t help either. 
There is nae danger he should be saving that, at that pace that ball went at him.
That is mental thinking.
However last sentence I'd go with however.
Meh didnt lose n keeps the manager in his job

I'd need to see United's opener again to see if Meekings was at fault - but for the other 89 minutes he looked like an absolute rock. Much improved.

His closing down blocks were fantastic to see. Hopefully he stays clear of injury and keeps Forster as far away from the first team as possible.

Brilliant hold up play and shift from Hemmings. Dorrans a class above and Robertson is coming on leaps and bounds.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd need to see United's opener again to see if Meekings was at fault - but for the other 89 minutes he looked like an absolute rock. Much improved.

f**k knows why he decided going in with his head was the best option. He did make up for with a largely solid performance.

25 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

There is nae danger he should be saving that, at that pace that ball went at him.
That is mental thinking.
However last sentence I'd go with however.
Meh didnt lose n keeps the manager in his job

Each to their own. Think he managed to make himself smaller. Just stick an effin hand up ffs!

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His closing down blocks were fantastic to see. Hopefully he stays clear of injury and keeps Forster as far away from the first team as possible.

Brilliant hold up play and shift from Hemmings. Dorrans a class above and Robertson is coming on leaps and bounds.

Unfortunately he was, a couple of others didn’t cover themselves in glory at it either tho. He let whoever scored for them in front of him and should’ve cleared it with his foot anyway. The ball must be about a foot off the ground and he inexplicably goes for it with his head. Other than that he had a very comfortable evening like last week at Partick. 

Edited by Yenitit

United’s goal was a freak/worldly IMO. Can’t do f**k all with that.

Despite what G Man says about me being a moron I’m still looking for the keeper to do better.

We are crying out for a Greg Stewart, a Gary Harkins or even a Martin Boyle - we have nobody who can change a game with one deft touch, a burst of pace or an incisive pass. They don’t grow on trees. For all Dorrans undoubted quality he doesn’t change games, eh, except for his goal tonight [emoji4]

Despite what G Man says about me being a moron I’m still looking for the keeper to do better.

We are crying out for a Greg Stewart, a Gary Harkins or even a Martin Boyle - we have nobody who can change a game with one deft touch, a burst of pace or an incisive pass. They don’t grow on trees. For all Dorrans undoubted quality he doesn’t change games, eh, except for his goal tonight [emoji4]

While no mention of Meekings trying to do a diving header? Horrific defending both Meekings and Kerr.
I'd go with a Martin Boyle type player however , someone who isnt shy at running at the opposition.
Dorrans goal was pretty good. First goal so hopefully he can add to it now.

Kerr not sticking with the wideman was school boy defending and just a total wtf moment from Meekings in trying to clear the cross. The finish was very decent and straight at Hamilton but I think it’s just the sheer pace that gives Hamilton no chance to react properly. For all the abuse Hamilton gets, I think we can let him off with that one.

Amazing how differently people see the game - not that anyone is right or wrong, it’s all about opinions. After their goal I don’t think there was anyone who had a poor game last night. Kerr should have tracked the full back and in hindsight Meekings should have leathered it with his foot but it was a fantastic finish - nothing Hamilton could have done.

After the goal I thought Kerr dealt with Apperé very well again. He does need to work on his distribution once he wins the ball back but I’m now starting to think he’s one of those players we won’t fully appreciate until we don’t have him - I.e Kevin Holt.

Thought McGhee and Meekings were excellent and dealt with everything that they had to.

Thought that was probably Robertson’s best game for us. Looked very composed on the ball for a 17 year old.

Dorrans is Dorrans. Rarely below a 7/10.

Thought McGowan did well again playing in a strange role for him. We’re a much better team with him in there.

Mackie was excellent defensively. Both he and Marshall did a fantastic job in doubling up on McMullan and have him absolutely nothing all night. Boy was flat out at the final whistle. We’ve all been critical of him this season but he should get a lot of credit for that performance last night.

Johnson was quiet, didn’t really get much of the ball so couldn’t argue with him coming off for Nelson.

Thought Hemmings was excellent. Worked his socks off and got us up the pitch countless times by winning headers from long balls up. If the lines woman hadn’t wrongly flagged him offside with 10 minutes to go I think he might have got us the winner.

And finally, McPake tactically outclassed Neilson last night. Again, we’ve all been critical of McPake this season, saying that he doesn’t learn from his mistakes but I think last night shows that he is learning. Neilson schooled him in the last 2 derbies but McPake certainly won the battle of the managers last night and again i think he deserves credit for that. He’s clearly going to get time from the board so if he’s going to continue to show that he’s learning let’s get behind him!