All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

2 is Dan twardzic or however you spell it. 

3 looks familiar but the rest I can't even recognise. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

3 is Wittenveen? 

Aye to both.

Proving to be a bit more challenging than I anticipated.

Few clues:

Number 1 was a loan deal from another Scottish club and he came highly rated at the time.

Number 4 came through the youth ranks.

Number 5 we signed from Newcastle and was a back-up.

Number 6 was a typical January panic loan signing.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Proving to be a bit more challenging than I anticipated.

Few clues:

Number 1 was a loan deal from another Scottish club and he came highly rated at the time.

Number 4 came through the youth ranks.

Number 5 we signed from Newcastle and was a back-up.

Number 6 was a typical January panic loan signing.

Is no. 1 Teasdale?

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know who 6 is but only through searching. It is safe to say, I have never heard of him.

After searching I remember the name, not the face. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Is no. 1 Teasdale?

No. Again, after searching I remember the name, not the player. In fact what probably threw me off most was the fact I thought he was a goalie going by the photo! 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

After searching I remember the name, not the face. 

No. Again, after searching I remember the name, not the player. In fact what probably threw me off most was the fact I thought he was a goalie going by the photo! 

What club did we sign him from?

On 20/04/2019 at 23:09, Munoz said:

St johnstone 

hqdefault.jpg

aMswLU.gif

On 18/03/2019 at 15:20, Munoz said:

Pish. 

aMswLU.gif

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

aMswLU.gif

Fair getting the use of that gif, Munoz. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What club did we sign him from?

Celtic

Right, can't be bothered waiting.

The answers are:

1. Milan Misun - CH/LB on loan from Celtic under Gordon Chisholm, got punted back when we went into admin.

2. Dan Twardzik - Goalkeeper. Fair self-explanatory.

3. David Witteveen - Signed on loan from Hearts. Did a decent job IIRC.

4. Connor Rennie - One of those that were highly rated alongside Graham Webster and Leighton McIntosh back in Barry Smith's time as manager.

5. Alex Baird - Goalkeeper that signed in the Club 12 season. He was the back-up keeper for pretty much every game that season. Looked quite a bit different back then.

406676_alex_baird_1.jpg

6. David Morgan - Signed on loan from Nottingham Forest on the January deadline day. Pretty much Barry Smith's last roll of the dice. Played for us once - Bomber's first game in charge at Celtic Park when we got whooped 5-0. He came on for Nicky Riley at 5-0 and was never seen again.

Another wee quiz:

1. Before we stumbled upon gold, (I mean Matt Lockwood), we had a failed attempt to lure Bob Harris to Dens before a disastrous trial period for Netan Sansara. During this period, we also had another LB trialist that had previously played for East Fife and was at the time still on the books for Kaizer Chiefs. Who was this player?

2. During the same period, we had a player on trial that could apparently play CH and CM. He was apparently very promising but rejected us for Ross County. We instead turned to Rhys Weston. Who was this player?

3.  In our history, we've had 3 French goalkeepers on our books. Name them.

4. In line with the first 2 questions, Gordon Chisholm also had an ex-QotS player on trial. Who was it?

5. Which ex-Manchester United player was linked to be our manager when Paul Hartley was sacked? He allegedly decline the role after Archie Knox didn't want to be assistant.

6. When Jocky Scott was appointed manager in 2008, he beat off stiff competition from 2 lower league Scottish managers. Who were they?

7. Which St Johnstone legend smashed the Dens Park dressing room windows after Colin McMenamin scored a last gasp winner in a 3-2 classic?