All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
Is it just me looking too far into it or are the goal celebrations from Dorrans and Hemmings just a bit half arsed like someone scoring in a game of 5's?

^ says the guy who does Robbie Keane type celebration at fives

😂. It's a pity the cameras are gone so my wife can't see my front flip into back flip into somersault, she just doesn't believe me.

Edited by johnnydun

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Is it just me looking too far into it or are the goal celebrations from Dorrans and Hemmings just a bit half arsed like someone scoring in a game of 5's?

Funny you should say that.  Yesterday I thought I saw Hemmings leave the pitch on his own almost immediately at full time, rather than staying with the team to acknowledge the fans.  Maybe nothing of course.

Compared to Forster and Meekings, Id probably take any centre back who has played for us in the last decade, struggling to think of anyone, let alone two who were worse.

Forster really doesn't have any qualities, he cant run, he cant pass, his tackling is abysmal, and for someone of his size, not being able to header the ball is criminal. Meekings, nah, the guy should f**k off and open a Lighterlife store.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I miss Tam and Godzilla.

We do have a habit of hounding out the mediocre only to replace them with slightly worse players. My fear is we do the same with Kerr et al. I keep hearing that he’s not good enough but I just don’t buy it. Get rid of the real problems (McPake included) and keep building.

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sick to death of baldy and flap jack. Get the pair of them in the bin.

Thank you.

Not at Dens yesterday, by choice I'm afraid and have just watched the highlights. (Thank you to Ross)

Concerns on here over no natural leaders at Dens and a shaky goalkeeper.  Remedy, sign Craig Gordon and appoint him captain, even on loan till the season ends, Celtic owe him that much, signed him for nowt after all and his contract expires next summer.

If monies available in January, trade Shaun Byrne back to Livingston for Scott Pittman, they'll obviously require some money in exchange. Son of Steve Pittman, enough said, came through the juniors so no shrinking midfield violet!

Jack Hendry, as I've already highlighted now requiring to have a career rethink, may as well be back at Dens, on loan as well till the summer.

Ali Crawford, ex Hamilton and currently at Bolton, they're in financial dire straits and he's hardly playing for them this season. Crawford, in addition to Alan Forrest from Ayr would certainly give some alternative creative options we so sadly lack at this time to bring the best out of Kane Hemmings and Danny Johnston.

Anyway, on a current subject, Jordan McGhee, so far anyway, is a certainty for player of the season, consistently competent,  imho.

Best regards 

43 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hemmings usually celebrates goals from others more than his own. I think Dorrans is desperate for a goal himself, look at the effort he makes to get to the ball for the 4th goal.

33 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Funny you should say that.  Yesterday I thought I saw Hemmings leave the pitch on his own almost immediately at full time, rather than staying with the team to acknowledge the fans.  Maybe nothing of course.

Tbf, he probably expected the fans wouldn't give the most raucous applause in the mood they were in after the collapse, which I wouldn't blame him for. Was also probably frustrated in general going from cruise mode to struggling til the end.

17 minutes ago, srw said:

Compared to Forster and Meekings, Id probably take any centre back who has played for us in the last decade, struggling to think of anyone, let alone two who were worse.

Annoys me when I remember hearing Ryan McGowan wanting a contract for us this season. Guy was past it for the Prem, but couldve done just fine down here, far more trustworthy than the two we have now imo. Doing well for himself now as the World Cup hero at Sydney FC.

29 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Not at Dens yesterday, by choice I'm afraid and have just watched the highlights. (Thank you to Ross)

Concerns on here over no natural leaders at Dens and a shaky goalkeeper.  Remedy, sign Craig Gordon and appoint him captain, even on loan till the season ends, Celtic owe him that much, signed him for nowt after all and his contract expires next summer.

If monies available in January, trade Shaun Byrne back to Livingston for Scott Pittman, they'll obviously require some money in exchange. Son of Steve Pittman, enough said, came through the juniors so no shrinking midfield violet!

Jack Hendry, as I've already highlighted now requiring to have a career rethink, may as well be back at Dens, on loan as well till the summer.

Ali Crawford, ex Hamilton and currently at Bolton, they're in financial dire straits and he's hardly playing for them this season. Crawford, in addition to Alan Forrest from Ayr would certainly give some alternative creative options we so sadly lack at this time to bring the best out of Kane Hemmings and Danny Johnston.

Anyway, on a current subject, Jordan McGhee, so far anyway, is a certainty for player of the season, consistently competent,  imho.

Best regards 

Good shouts, but it's fantasy land, no mention of Charlie Adam? That's not like you.😎

Thank you.

8 hours ago, srw said:

Just watched the highlights, Forster is just awful, and Hamilton just isn't a keeper, that second goal was embarrassing.

That 2nd goal sums up our defensive frailties. Ball played down the side of Forster who’s lack of pace gets exposed then a very tame effort bobbles over the keeper’s hand and into the net. The keeper has been and remains our biggest issue from the 1st game of last season. Not sure how some people on other social media are somehow blaming Meekings for yesterday’s f**k ups. He wasn’t  involved or to blame for either of the goals when he was on the park, seems an easy target for me. Dumb and Dumber aka Hamilton and Forster were between them culpable at all 3 goals yesterday. 

Edited by Yenitit

7 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I think Hamilton get some rough treatment and don’t think he’s nearly as bad as made out to be. Scott Bain used to throw goal in regularly (did he ever save a free kick to his left?) but some fans still think he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hamilton has made a lot of big saves in games which have saved us points. He still makes mistakes, but for a keeper he’s still young.

There are more important areas of the field we need to be concentrating on replacing before the goalkeeper.

Not having a go Ross but I really can’t get my head around this point of view. The keeper is woeful and the people around me at the games appear to be of the same opinion. Genuinely what are these great saves you mentioned? The last 2 goals yesterday were farcical. I can’t remember walking out any game in the last 2 seasons thinking Hamilton had earned us the points or point. I don’t think he’s commanding or a good shot stopper. Dieng and the guy from Celtic were improvements. 

Edited by Yenitit

45 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I can’t remember walking out any game in the last 2 seasons thinking Hamilton had earned us the points or point. 

I'll be kind to him and bring up the win at home to Alloa where he saved the penalty. I did think he was improving, but it's really hard to defend performances from him like yesterday's.

Wonder if McPake will consider getting Hazard back on loan in January. Seemed decently impressed with him, and while he isn't De Gea or anything he seems to have more confidence in his shot stopping.