All things Dundee FC

Gowser easily. Funny seeing as I am his biggest boo boy up until this season. Him and his non existent hairline would be in my starting XI for the rest of the season. 

We really missed him when he was out. Only one that makes any positive movement in midfield and goes for every throw in.

Edited by Crawford
Bowser 😂

Broke our 7-game (and nearly decade long) winless streak against the Pars today, which can only be good. Also the second team in the league we've defeated this season that doesn't start with an 'A'.

Progress.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I think Hamilton get some rough treatment and don’t think he’s nearly as bad as made out to be. Scott Bain used to throw goal in regularly (did he ever save a free kick to his left?) but some fans still think he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hamilton has made a lot of big saves in games which have saved us points. He still makes mistakes, but for a keeper he’s still young.

There are more important areas of the field we need to be concentrating on replacing before the goalkeeper.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Right, so since we are almost at the half way point, who's your player of the season so far?

For me, it comes down to:

Jordan Marshall

Jordan McGhee

Danny Johnson 

Kane Hemmings

Declan McDaid

Graham Dorrans

Paul McGowan

Reckon it'd be hard to make a case for anyone else.

I'll personally rule Dorrans out purely because he's not had as much of an impact as I'd hoped. That's maybe more on me than it is on him, I just thought he'd tear it up. He's clearly made a difference for us but I think there's still much, much more to come.

Hemmings has hit a bit of form of late and when he scores, he makes it look incredibly simple. Today's header was laid on a plate for him but it looked like he was almost taking the piss out of Dunfermline with the finish. Not enough service to win my vote so far.

Johnson is the same as above except I'm even more impressed with his excellent hold up play at times considering his frame.

Gowser is gowser. He'd be a sentimentalist pick. He's been the best he's been in several years for us but still goes anonymous too frequently.

McDaid - On his day, he's able to destroy teams but there's also days where you think he's a heartless shitebag. Typical winger, very infuriating but adds a lot to us.

Therefore, it's a dead heat between Marshall and McGhee for me. I was really underwhelmed when we signed Marshall due to the QotS opinion of him but he's our best LB since Lockwood IMO. Not the best defensively and he's likely to be tore apart by better teams - but f**k me, I've watched too much of Mackie.

McGhee - Mr consistent. Mr 7 out of 10 every week. He's holding our piss poor defense together. As much as I said Marshall is up there too, he's not great defensively and neither is Cammy. The less said of our other CH's and indeed, keeper, the better. Really like McGhee and I'd plump for him tbh.

It’s Forster for me.

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Broke our 7-game (and nearly decade long) winless streak against the Pars today, which can only be good. Also the second team in the league we've defeated this season that doesn't start with an 'A'.

Progress.

You couldn’t beat a team that started with an ‘A’ last week though.

Scott Bain is still revered as he was a fucking excellent goalkeeper. Once he downed tools his performances dropped but he won us far more points - at a higher level. 

Jack Hamilton is the epitome of a footballer nowadays. Stature you would dream of having in your goalkeeper but he fails in almost every single basic aspect of goalkeeping. 

He's made a few good saves? Good for Jack. Shame he's thrown in about quadruple that. 

Player of the season so far ?
Sitting in 5th
Really shit keeper
Defence is awful.
Midfield in general is poor
Strikers so far this season have been non existent. ( yesterday was a yay from me , however I didn't witness it :-( )

Marshall has been missing and we miss him when we have to rely on other shite in his position. So on that basis I will go for him.
Left backs in recent times I reckon have been alright.

Partick next:-)

I've never been bothered about having a keeper who makes TV highlight saves, all you need to be reasonably solid is a keeper who doesn't get beat by tame dribblers and shots that are hit straight at him, or flaps like a dying duck any time he's under a high ball. These are basics. A Keeper Jack's age who doesn't have them sorted is never going to. He's a total liability, and we need rid ASAP.

Edited by Boo Khaki

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Maybe with a decent experienced keeper the back 4 wouldn't be so bad?

Just a thought.

Thank you.

It goes further than that I think.

If you're a striker and you don't trust your keeper it is going to put you under more pressure to score. 

Any team not beating our backline and Hamilton is in danger of relegation.

It goes further than that I think.
If you're a striker and you don't trust your keeper it is going to put you under more pressure to score. 
Any team not beating our backline and Hamilton is in danger of relegation.
We have no leaders on the park.
Many captains have we had this season?
No really strong personalities out their.

You have McGowan every so often losing his shit but that is usually down to his own mistakes and he blames everyone else.