All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Since stirred to look at Ralph, went to see how the old Moose was getting on in Romania.

moussa.PNG.867175f5de99ea43af058ff053349127.PNG

... not great? Had a good laugh at that, thanks Google Translate. Moussa did score the goal, but hasn't scored since he 'broke his head' in September and is now a bench-warmer. Lovely.

To be fair to Moussa, if he was to break anything, his head would be the best part of him, he certainly never used it when he played for us. Its hard to think of a player that had less footballing intelligence than him.

Just read the Evening Telegraph press article online regarding Shaun Byrne stating Dundee had not shaken off the United loss as yet.

Automatically, somewhat naively on my part, assumed he was maybe referring to the first derby, alarmingly he wasn't!!

Jeezo, stand tall young man, perform accordingly, actually earn your wages and stop whining.  Well, that's what your gaffer should be telling you anyway, imho. 

Check the attitude, aptitude and commitment of the fellow below for guidance.  

Best regards5888d05075d82-e1485362733316.thumb.jpg.988b5d72f3a0f2caebecdd9fcc7648dc.jpg

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I agree re Byrne. Been very disappointing. But I think replacing Hamilton has to the number 1 priority. The boy is absolutely pish.

I know one famous ex Dee keeper who could do a job.

36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know one famous ex Dee keeper who could do a job.

Speaking of ex Dee keepers.  Big Rab took some abuse today and handled it with a smile and a thumbs up winning well deserved applause from those who had abused him.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Speaking of ex Dee keepers.  Big Rab took some abuse today and handled it with a smile and a thumbs up winning well deserved applause from those who had abused him.

I'd have him in goal ahead of Hamilton now.

Your support only clapped him in case he punched their pusses.

Another farce today. 4-1 up and looking like it could be 6 or 7 after a couple of top saves by the Dunfermline keeper with numerous chances and corners. McDaid comes off to be replaced by a central midfielder. 🤔Dunfermline get a man sent off then or keeper decides to put in yet another horrendous performance. Anyone  of us on here would be disappointed if we were in the goal and let in goals like the last 2. Just a woeful keeper. Him and Forster stick out like sore thumbs for simply not being good enough and desperately need replaced in January. The manager is culpable in his role for picking them week in, week out. 

Forster is the weak link in the back 4. Easily exposed and if you play the ball in his area he’ll eventually have a calamity. Plays week in, week out and needs dropped because his level of performance isn’t good enough. The atmosphere turned toxic after his error led to the 1st goal. Disappointed to see him boo’d when in possession as it doesn’t get anyone anywhere but it’s easy to see why those who did have got frustrated with him. 

Good performance going forward today tho. Who’d have thought playing 2 strikers would lead to us getting more goals and finally looking a threat. 3 of the 4 goals wouldn’t have happened if we played with a loan striker. 

Edited by Yenitit

Personally I’m usually a supporter of Hamilton, but my god it’s getting harder and harder doesn’t help much we’ve got that absolute nightmare in Forster and Meekings as well has totally regressed im sure he’s not even played 50 games for us in I’m not sure how many seasons he’s been here

33 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Personally I’m usually a supporter of Hamilton, but my god it’s getting harder and harder doesn’t help much we’ve got that absolute nightmare in Forster and Meekings as well has totally regressed im sure he’s not even played 50 games for us in I’m not sure how many seasons he’s been here

Think we’re goosed until January with our centrehalfs and keeper. That was 2 tamely hit shots that beat Hamilton for the 2nd and 3rd. Gowser got tore into him after the 3rd. 

Right, so since we are almost at the half way point, who's your player of the season so far?

For me, it comes down to:

Jordan Marshall

Jordan McGhee

Danny Johnson 

Kane Hemmings

Declan McDaid

Graham Dorrans

Paul McGowan

Reckon it'd be hard to make a case for anyone else.

I'll personally rule Dorrans out purely because he's not had as much of an impact as I'd hoped. That's maybe more on me than it is on him, I just thought he'd tear it up. He's clearly made a difference for us but I think there's still much, much more to come.

Hemmings has hit a bit of form of late and when he scores, he makes it look incredibly simple. Today's header was laid on a plate for him but it looked like he was almost taking the piss out of Dunfermline with the finish. Not enough service to win my vote so far.

Johnson is the same as above except I'm even more impressed with his excellent hold up play at times considering his frame.

Gowser is gowser. He'd be a sentimentalist pick. He's been the best he's been in several years for us but still goes anonymous too frequently.

McDaid - On his day, he's able to destroy teams but there's also days where you think he's a heartless shitebag. Typical winger, very infuriating but adds a lot to us.

Therefore, it's a dead heat between Marshall and McGhee for me. I was really underwhelmed when we signed Marshall due to the QotS opinion of him but he's our best LB since Lockwood IMO. Not the best defensively and he's likely to be tore apart by better teams - but f**k me, I've watched too much of Mackie.

McGhee - Mr consistent. Mr 7 out of 10 every week. He's holding our piss poor defense together. As much as I said Marshall is up there too, he's not great defensively and neither is Cammy. The less said of our other CH's and indeed, keeper, the better. Really like McGhee and I'd plump for him tbh.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Right, so since we are almost at the half way point, who's your player of the season so far?

Jordan Marshall

Jordan McGhee

Danny Johnson 

Kane Hemmings

Declan McDaid

Graham Dorrans

Paul McGowan

I'll personally rule Dorrans out purely because he's not had as much of an impact as I'd hoped. That's maybe more on me than it is on him, I just thought he'd tear it up. He's clearly made a difference for us but I think there's still much, much more to come.

Hemmings has hit a bit of form of late and when he scores, he makes it look incredibly simple. Today's header was laid on a plate for him but it looked like he was almost taking the piss out of Dunfermline with the finish. Not enough service to win my vote so far.

Johnson is the same as above except I'm even more impressed with his excellent hold up play at times considering his frame.

Gowser is gowser. He'd be a sentimentalist pick. He's been the best he's been in several years for us but still goes anonymous too frequently.

McDaid - On his day, he's able to destroy teams but there's also days where you think he's a heartless shitebag. Typical winger, very infuriating but adds a lot to us.

Therefore, it's a dead heat between Marshall and McGhee for me. I was really underwhelmed when we signed Marshall due to the QotS opinion of him but he's our best LB since Lockwood IMO. Not the best defensively and he's likely to be tore apart by better teams - but f**k me, I've watched too much of Mackie.

McGhee - Mr consistent. Mr 7 out of 10 every week. He's holding our piss poor defense together. As much as I said Marshall is up there too, he's not great defensively and neither is Cammy. The less said of our other CH's and indeed, keeper, the better. Really like McGhee and I'd plump for him tbh.

For me it's between McGhee, Marshall and Gowser, with Hemmings and Johnson with plenty of room to gain ground on them. Cammy might have a shout too, some good performances under him this season, but basic errors mar his record.

I struggle to think what McGhee has done wrong so far this season. Consistency is a rare jewel we get to experience, and Jordo's just that. Marshall also remarkably consistent this season.

For me the pick is Gowser so far though. You call it a sentimentalist pick, yet he's never won the award. All these years of disappointment and he's up for it every week. Very positive player on the pitch and we lose our fight whenever we're without him. He's found his form once more this season which was desperately needed to counteract our largely defensive MF.

Of course it'll be Alan Forrest once he signs here.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jordan Marshall

Jordan McGhee

Danny Johnson 

Kane Hemmings

Declan McDaid

Graham Dorrans

Paul McGowan

I’ll go for McGhee although Marshall has been a huge loss to the side when he was out injured. Defo out of those 2 imo.