All things Dundee FC

Didn't realise that they were that low, its hard to look at the table these days. Just a few weeks ago, he was getting plaudits on BBC Scotland.
Anyway, I don't want him at my club, Id rather stick with McPake.
BBC Scotland football will be rammed full.of his pals tbh

If McPake wants to salvage this and get the fans on side, he needs to inject some fire in the way he coaches. Too many times have I seen him in real time or in picture with his hands in his pockets and his eyes pointed to the ground. The lack of support from Jimmy 'sit n' do f**k all' Nicholl and the rest of the peanut gallery that form our management team is startling, and Jazza needs to know that the fight needs to come from him. The negativity from the manager embeds itself into the players, and thus they become flat and unimaginative. When the team suffers a setback or even a positive, they seem to switch off, hence why we've experienced so many collapses this season. The 10 minutes of torture in the 6-2 derby, the last second goal from Aberdeen, Partick's 3 goals in 7 minutes, Ayr's goal against us, Morton's equaliser, and of course QotS' winner, all lapses in concentration caused by the negative, uninspired attitude of the team. Aside from the freak results at Tannadice and against Partick, we aren't getting 'hammered' by teams. We're conceding just enough to make us need desperately to rely on the strikers scoring from the meager amount of attempts they are able to have with the shitty service they get. Skill-wise we're relatively fine (Mackie and possibly Forster notwithstanding), it's the mental issues that we suffer from, and that is largely down to the mentality of management. The crowd response is also now a factor, but I see that as more of a product of the downward spiral rather than a cause of it.

I read McPake's analyses every week, and every week we f**k up his response is to not make any excuses, but not offer much emotional opinion. I understand the wish to be respectful and professional, but never do I get the impression he is angry, instead just sulking and promising things will improve. If you truly believe you're the right man for the job and your squad is to be a top team in the league, you better not be complacent about losing. I wouldn't believe for an instant a manager like Dick Campbell sulks after a loss and says "Oh well, we'll do better next week." I believe he would give his players a firm boot up the arse if he was upset and let them know exactly how they need to improve. McPake is new and doesn't have that confidence yet, but he needs to find it fast if he wants any chance of getting the dressing room and the fans back.

Once Gowser came on on Saturday, the team got a boost and took control. Gowser is a far more important piece in this team than Byrne, as Gowser gives a shit every second of the game. I'm not saying Byrne doesn't give a shit, but with Gowser you know he's fired up, and he's going to fire up everyone around him by doing so. I'd say play the same team next week, except replace Byrne with McGowan (and obvs Mackie out for Marshall if the latter is fit). McPake needs to take inspiration from Gowser's attitude, let the players know what the f**k he's doing wrong and how he can improve that. I'd like to see a bit more animation out of him, more emotion. He needs to shed a bit of the meek respect he always gives, gain a sense of pride and believe he's the man for the job, and that "we're better than you, and we're going to fucking show you just how". If he believes that, the players will believe it, and the periods of quick passing, high tempo football we only play for short periods will become more consistent, the fans' attitude will improve, and the results will start coming. If he doesn't 100% believe he is the man and he knows how to get this team on all cylinders, and keeps looking down at his shoes at every setback instead of screaming for the lads to get their heads up and respond, he needs to resign. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If McPake wants to salvage this and get the fans on side, he needs to inject some fire in the way he coaches. Too many times have I seen him in real time or in picture with his hands in his pockets and his eyes pointed to the ground. The lack of support from Jimmy 'sit n' do f**k all' Nicholl and the rest of the peanut gallery that form our management team is startling, and Jazza needs to know that the fight needs to come from him. The negativity from the manager embeds itself into the players, and thus they become flat and unimaginative. When the team suffers a setback or even a positive, they seem to switch off, hence why we've experienced so many collapses this season. The 10 minutes of torture in the 6-2 derby, the last second goal from Aberdeen, Partick's 3 goals in 7 minutes, Ayr's goal against us, Morton's equaliser, and of course QotS' winner, all lapses in concentration caused by the negative, uninspired attitude of the team. Aside from the freak results at Tannadice and against Partick, we aren't getting 'hammered' by teams. We're conceding just enough to make us need desperately to rely on the strikers scoring from the meager amount of attempts they are able to have with the shitty service they get. Skill-wise we're relatively fine (Mackie and possibly Forster notwithstanding), it's the mental issues that we suffer from, and that is largely down to the mentality of management. The crowd response is also now a factor, but I see that as more of a product of the downward spiral rather than a cause of it.

I read McPake's analyses every week, and every week we f**k up his response is to not make any excuses, but not offer much emotional opinion. I understand the wish to be respectful and professional, but never do I get the impression he is angry, instead just sulking and promising things will improve. If you truly believe you're the right man for the job and your squad is to be a top team in the league, you better not be complacent about losing. I wouldn't believe for an instant a manager like Dick Campbell sulks after a loss and says "Oh well, we'll do better next week." I believe he would give his players a firm boot up the arse if he was upset and let them know exactly how they need to improve. McPake is new and doesn't have that confidence yet, but he needs to find it fast if he wants any chance of getting the dressing room and the fans back.

Once Gowser came on on Saturday, the team got a boost and took control. Gowser is a far more important piece in this team than Byrne, as Gowser gives a shit every second of the game. I'm not saying Byrne doesn't give a shit, but with Gowser you know he's fired up, and he's going to fire up everyone around him by doing so. I'd say play the same team next week, except replace Byrne with McGowan (and obvs Mackie out for Marshall if the latter is fit). McPake needs to take inspiration from Gowser's attitude, let the players know what the f**k he's doing wrong and how he can improve that. I'd like to see a bit more animation out of him, more emotion. He needs to shed a bit of the meek respect he always gives, gain a sense of pride and believe he's the man for the job, and that "we're better than you, and we're going to fucking show you just how". If he believes that, the players will believe it, and the periods of quick passing, high tempo football we only play for short periods will become more consistent, the fans' attitude will improve, and the results will start coming. If he doesn't 100% believe he is the man and he knows how to get this team on all cylinders, and keeps looking down at his shoes at every setback instead of screaming for the lads to get their heads up and respond, he needs to resign. Simple as that.

What a superb post. Absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Cannot see McPake changing though.

Thank you.

Image result for applause gif

Agree with you and Biggie. Nail right on the head.

McPake saying that Marshall will be back for this weekend. That's massive IMO. Probably him and McGhee have been our 2 most consistent players this season. He adds an attacking threat with his crossing ability and isn't Mackie when it comes to defensive duties.

Might see more than 1 shot on target this weekend.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake saying that Marshall will be back for this weekend. That's massive IMO. Probably him and McGhee have been our 2 most consistent players this season. He adds an attacking threat with his crossing ability and isn't Mackie when it comes to defensive duties.

Might see more than 1 shot on target this weekend.

Nurse!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Crawford said:

Derby tickets go on sale Monday for season ticket holders online and then Tuesday in the shop for season ticket holders.

Wednesday online for general and then Thursday for general in the shop.

£24 Upper and Jerry Kerr

£22 Lower

Good luck selling that oot.