All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I am just hoping Nelms is not reporting back to Keyes that it is everyone else's fault and not his.

At least Nelms is not the money man and can be replaced by Keyes, but if Nelms is reporting back bullshit and Keyes is buying it, he could pull the plug on his venture.

I would like to hope that Keyes can see that this is pretty much mostly Nelms's inexperience at fault and changes things.

The other option is unthinkable.

Exactly what I’ve been thinking for a long time.  

Someone on here posted the e mail address for Nelms when we were about to appoint Dodds.  I was happy to oblige and send in an e mail to Nelms letting him know exactly how I felt about it.  If someone could post up the e mail address for Keyes I’d be more than happy sending another e mail.........

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Scott Allan was only on loan tbf.

A team we let go for peanuts for various reasons since the year 2000:

Scott Bain

Zurab---Wilkie---Gallagher---Caulker---Forsyth

Stewart---GGH---Kamara ---Boyle

Griffiths

We've received about 600k all in for that team of talent.

Not quite accurate; the 7-0 away to Airdrie came after the Thursday night Scottish Cup game against Hamilton with the SFL having refused a request to push it back 24 hours. But the idea that he played the youths out of spite is sound. 

No shame in losing to the mighty diamonds [emoji815]️

As boring Sunday's go, I've compiled a list of realistic replacements for McPake. I'm not saying they're good or bad, just a comprehensive list of known entities that'd no doubt be linked.

John Hughes
Stuart McCall
Barry Smith
Dave Mackay
Ian Murray
Jim Duffy
Terry Butcher
Stewart Petrie
Dick Campbell
John Robertson
Austin MacPhee
Peter Grant
Gavin Rae
Morten Wieghorst
Danny Lennon
Darren Young
Paul Hartley
Peter Murphy
James McDonaugh
Owen Coyle
Derek Adams
Alan Irvine

If our next manager didn't come from that list of names, I'd be very surprised.

How's your manager doing? Capable of a step up after his disaster at St Mirren? Asking for a friend.

Fans were shouting for him to be sacked about 8 games ago when he kept putting defensive teams out and we lost to montrose. He then seems to have stumbled on an attacking 4-3-3 which has seen us climb to the top of table before yesterdays defeat. Wouldnt grudge him a move to Dundee but can’t see you boys going for him

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As boring Sunday's go, I've compiled a list of realistic replacements for McPake. I'm not saying they're good or bad, just a comprehensive list of known entities that'd no doubt be linked.

John Hughes
Stuart McCall
Barry Smith
Dave Mackay
Ian Murray
Jim Duffy
Terry Butcher
Stewart Petrie
Dick Campbell
John Robertson
Austin MacPhee
Peter Grant
Gavin Rae
Morten Wieghorst
Danny Lennon
Darren Young
Paul Hartley
Peter Murphy
James McDonaugh
Owen Coyle
Derek Adams
Alan Irvine

Of those on the list...

Managers I'd be interested in:
Ian Murray
Stewart Petrie
John Robertson (though this will never happen now)
Peter Grant
James McDonaugh
maybe Alan Irvine

Maybe...:
Morten Wieghorst
Dick Campbell
Darren Young
Peter Murphy

The rest of them probably make me consider just packing it in.

If we appoint Peter Grant, I’m done. Granted he has done a decent job at Alloa, but he is an absolute bellend, and a complete moron. He makes Yogi seem intelligent and articulate. 

From that list, Irvine and Murray are the only two I’d want. Weighorst has been a manager before, but I’d rule him out being an ex Dee, and Rae is in Oz, so he wouldn’t even contemplate it. 

Coyle just moved to India thankfully. It really is a dreadful list to be honest 😳

If we appoint Peter Grant, I’m done. Granted he has done a decent job at Alloa, but he is an absolute bellend, and a complete moron. He makes Yogi seem intelligent and articulate. 
From that list, Irvine and Murray are the only two I’d want. Weighorst has been a manager before, but I’d rule him out being an ex Dee, and Rae is in Oz, so he wouldn’t even contemplate it. 
Coyle just moved to India thankfully. It really is a dreadful list to be honest [emoji15]

Peter Grant has Alloa bottom and their fans want him sacked. In what way has he done a good job?

48 minutes ago, srw said:

Coyle just moved to India thankfully. It really is a dreadful list to be honest 😳

Only reason Rae was included was because there was an interview recently where he said he'd consider coming back to the UK to get into management and is currently managing in 2nd division Australia.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only reason Rae was included was because there was an interview recently where he said he'd consider coming back to the UK to get into management and is currently managing in 2nd division Australia.

The mighty Maccabi Hakoah Sydney City East Football Club, no less.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Regarding the above subject postings, realistically I would consider Gary Holt, maybe Alan Irvine (who's now 61 btw and has spent his entire coaching career down south) or Ian McCall due to his tremendous recent work at Ayr United at this new lower level.

Either one ably assisted by a player/assistant manager, locally reared, goes by the name of Charlie, lol......... 😁

Back to reality though, unless John Nelms wakens up and takes action, we will, on current form be sleep-walking into one of the worst periods in our history, imho.

New stadium, looking forward to it I'm sure, the absolute competent basics will suffice in the meantime, thank you.  

Best regards

Edited by This Charming Man

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Allan was only on loan tbf.

A team we let go for peanuts for various reasons since the year 2000:

Scott Bain

Zurab---Wilkie---Gallagher---Caulker---Forsyth

Stewart---GGH---Kamara ---Boyle

Griffiths

We've received about 600k all in for that team of talent.

Add a couple of decent midfielders and that team would have a great chance of staying up. 

Edit: Oh ye of little faith, Ludo.

Edited by Pull My Strings

John Hughes
Stuart McCall
Barry Smith
Dave Mackay
Ian Murray
Jim Duffy
Terry Butcher
Stewart Petrie
Dick Campbell
John Robertson
Austin MacPhee
Peter Grant
Gavin Rae
Morten Wieghorst
Danny Lennon
Darren Young
Paul Hartley
Peter Murphy
James McDonaugh
Owen Coyle
Derek Adams
Alan Irvine

Some unknown Yank will be their last throw of the dice imo

11 hours ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Peter Grant has Alloa bottom and their fans want him sacked. In what way has he done a good job?

Didn't realise that they were that low, its hard to look at the table these days. Just a few weeks ago, he was getting plaudits on BBC Scotland.

Anyway, I don't want him at my club, Id rather stick with McPake.

Edited by srw