All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Is dorrans not best playing deep and trying to dictate play? He doesnt strike me at the type to run beyond the strikers

I actually agree with you that at this stage of his career Dorrans is more suited to playing a bit deeper.  For those of a certain age, a bit like Ray Wilkins (although obviously not as good as one of the greatest Chelsea players ever).  

DeeTillEhDeh is 100% correct though when he says our tempo is way too slow.  

Dorrans can spray the ball about but he has to have players, particularly the wide players, making the intelligent runs behind the defence.  I just don’t see these runs and I don’t think we have the players that can make these runs.  

As an example McDaid constantly comes back to get the ball but very rarely takes on his man, unless running inside where he runs into trouble and invariably passes the ball backwards.

This article actually made me warm to McPake again and hate McIntyre even more than I already do, bizarrely:
Link

Doesn’t make me warm to McPake.

We’ve somehow manage to get let Bain and Kamara go for f**k all. They maybe a pair of gigantic cünts but that isn’t their fault.

Russellanderson over on the match thread that he’d watched the game yesterday as a ‘neutral’ and we had no identity. I think that sums us up pretty well. What the f**k is our game plan?

I’ve also been thinking we should try to punt Byrne in January. He’s been honking, anonymous and there will be lower half SPL teams remembering the player the Livi fans raves about. Let’s f**k him off to Sainties, or St Mirren. We’ve 3 other players capable of playing the deep lying midfield role and we could use the freed up money to get in somebody else who might be good.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This article actually made me warm to McPake again and hate McIntyre even more than I already do, bizarrely:

Link

Really  couldn't make it up and just emphasises my point of amateurs playing at running a professional club!  Frightening  really 

Just now, Fifespud said:

Doesn’t make me warm to McPake.

We’ve somehow manage to get let Bain and Kamara go for f**k all. They maybe a pair of gigantic cünts but that isn’t their fault.

Russellanderson over on the match thread that he’d watched the game yesterday as a ‘neutral’ and we had no identity. I think that sums us up pretty well. What the f**k is our game plan?

I’ve also been thinking we should try to punt Byrne in January. He’s been honking, anonymous and there will be lower half SPL teams remembering the player the Livi fans raves about. Let’s f**k him off to Sainties, or St Mirren. We’ve 3 other players capable of playing the deep lying midfield role and we could use the freed up money to get in somebody else who might be good.

Indirectly I meant. McIntyre had me in a much worse place mentally with Dundee than I am now!

Can't disagree with anything you've said there.

1 minute ago, ravabelli said:

Really  couldn't make it up and just emphasises my point of amateurs playing at running a professional club!  Frightening  really 

I have to agree, the article in question only highlights just how consistently poor John Nelm's major decision making actually is!

The recent James McPake appointment included, unfortunately for us.

Best regards

Always one to try and look on the positives and get motivated to show up every week, but after the shit weather I had to stand in for 2 hours yesterday just to watch that performance, and the fact this team is about to play a team on a hot streak, I think I will take that rest-of-year break now. Need to be focusing my energy into more rewarding aspects of my life rather than this garbage.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Always one to try and look on the positives and get motivated to show up every week, but after the shit weather I had to stand in for 2 hours yesterday just to watch that performance, and the fact this team is about to play a team on a hot steak, I think I will take that rest-of-year break. Need to be focusing my energy into more rewarding aspects of my life that this garbage.

Same here, it drains the life out of you. Cheers McPake.

Thank you.

I am just hoping Nelms is not reporting back to Keyes that it is everyone else's fault and not his.

At least Nelms is not the money man and can be replaced by Keyes, but if Nelms is reporting back bullshit and Keyes is buying it, he could pull the plug on his venture.

I would like to hope that Keyes can see that this is pretty much mostly Nelms's inexperience at fault and changes things.

The other option is unthinkable.

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

No. I'd put McPake in 2nd place in any "Worst Managers You've seen" thread, behind Kernaghan.

Kernaghan was another absolute doozie from the Marrs. Duffy was canned after a cup defeat away to Stranraer, though iirc we were unbeaten in League games having beaten QoS and St Mirren quite convincingly and I think drawn with Clyde. However a section of fans were on Duffy's back and the Marrs caved, binning Duffy and appointing Kernaghan. I'm not sure the useless c**t even had a dressing room to lose. We were utterly abject under him ,with the cherry on top of a particularly shit cake being a 7-0 drubbing at Airdrie where he took the huff at not getting the game called off (we had several players down with flu) and decided to play a load of the youth players. It was an absolute fucking minter. IIRC he also lost 0-4 there WITH the first team. Other "highlights" I can vaguely remember include getting a 4-2 home cunting off Hamilton and of course Gretna pissing all over us on live TV in the semi at Hampden.

He was a joke appointment that set the club back for some time. I actually think sticking by Duffy would have seen us promoted again that season. We had a decent squad, but Kernaghan had no idea how to manage them and clearly the squad hated him. We finished 6th or 7th that season I think. 

McPake is fucking woeful, however if Nelms has the sense to bin him before he can do much more damage Kerno's No1 spot is safe. 

I remember all of those games that year. Truly woeful stuff. That was just an abject year all round. 

I felt the same way about Duffy. I was only 13 at the time but can tell he would've most likely had us back up or at least challenging unlike Kerno. 

Hopefully it doesn't get like that this season. 

I actually agree with you that at this stage of his career Dorrans is more suited to playing a bit deeper.  For those of a certain age, a bit like Ray Wilkins (although obviously not as good as one of the greatest Chelsea players ever).  
DeeTillEhDeh is 100% correct though when he says our tempo is way too slow.  
Dorrans can spray the ball about but he has to have players, particularly the wide players, making the intelligent runs behind the defence.  I just don’t see these runs and I don’t think we have the players that can make these runs.  
As an example McDaid constantly comes back to get the ball but very rarely takes on his man, unless running inside where he runs into trouble and invariably passes the ball backwards.

Aye your wingers are lacking. It then makes hemmings looks poor because he is not getting the service. Your full backs are also pretty poor. The biggest issue for dorrans is that he will almost be too good foe your other players. You also dont have someone who can run beyond the strikers.

It took united a few seasons to get the squad that (should) get them promoted. I sense it will be similar with yourselves although if you can stick a few results together then there is no reason why you cant be up there and get through via the play offs even if it is weighted against the championship team

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Have you guys been playing Byrne in a midfield 3 because that's when I felt he looked best, he looked too exposed in a central 2 for me.

5 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm not sure the useless c**t even had a dressing room to lose. We were utterly abject under him ,with the cherry on top of a particularly shit cake being a 7-0 drubbing at Airdrie where he took the huff at not getting the game called off (we had several players down with flu) and decided to play a load of the youth players. It was an absolute fucking minter. IIRC

Not quite accurate; the 7-0 away to Airdrie came after the Thursday night Scottish Cup game against Hamilton with the SFL having refused a request to push it back 24 hours. But the idea that he played the youths out of spite is sound.