All things Dundee FC

I was in the boardroom at Gayfield today. Nelms was there with his young lad as was Strachan. Nelms literally spoke to no one. Got to impressed with Arbroath. Played us off the park in the first half. The Arbroath fans were saying ‘you’re manager says nothing, does he actually give a fuçk’ and where is Jimmy Nicholl?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We're 2 points off 9th, have two games in hand, and our next five games are against teams in the bottom half...

Thankfully our chairman seems competent enough to hire an actual manager, rather than a fan pleasing nobody. 

Has Steve Brown ever made an appointment? Other than just giving the job to his father's previous appointments assistant. Bit of a bold shout that. It'll be a step into the unknown for you when Tommy leaves.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I was in the boardroom at Gayfield today. Nelms was there with his young lad as was Strachan. Nelms literally spoke to no one. Got to impressed with Arbroath. Played us off the park in the first half. The Arbroath fans were saying ‘you’re manager says nothing, does he actually give a fuçk’ and where is Jimmy Nicholl?

How much did you see of Nelms today? Did you see him throughout or even at points during the game? If so, what was his reactions to the performance?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has Steve Brown ever made an appointment? Other than just giving the job to his father's previous appointments assistant. Bit of a bold shout that. It'll be a step into the unknown for you when Tommy leaves.

Of course it will, theres absolutely zero chance, for example, that Liam Craig will be our next manager if we get relegated this season though. That's effectively what you've done with McPake.

Of course it will, theres absolutely zero chance, for example, that Liam Craig will be our next manager if we get relegated this season though. That's effectively what you've done with McPake.

Except it's not - It'd be more like you appointing Alan Maybury.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Except it's not - It'd be more like you appointing Alan Maybury.

Whatever way you want to paint it, neither Maybury or Craig will be our next manager if we're relegated.

Whatever way you want to paint it, neither Maybury or Craig will be our next manager if we're relegated.

No, based on Stevie's previous, more likely to be Cleland.

How much did you see of Nelms today? Did you see him throughout or even at points during the game? If so, what was his reactions to the performance?

Couldn’t see him from my seat but he wasn’t looking particularly happy after the game. Wonder if he makes his young lad go, poor wee b*****d.

I think we are actually doing better than I expected. Momentum in football is very hard to break and we were on such a downward slope after last year, that relegation to the division below was always a possibility.

With a continued bad run, that’s still not impossible, but it’s equally likely that we go on a good run and take 2nd place. 

I think this season was doomed regardless of the manager and so taking a chance on McPake was probably a cheap option with not a lot of risk. If we can go on a good run toward the end of the season we will hopefully have some momentum behind us and we can push on next season.  I know this will sound very defeatist to some, but as the fans of Dunfermline, st Mirren, Livingston, Falkirk, Patrick and United can testify, it’s very hard to come back from a calamitous couple of seasons. 

Dundee fans have spent the season moaning for mcpake to play two up front. He eventually does this and you still don’t win. Surely the players have to take some of the stick that is coming mcpakes way?

It's not just formation but tempo of the game. I also think he's playing Dorrans far too deep.

7 hours ago, neildundee said:

A question for you all that I've been pondering all day: 

Are we in a worse position now than we were in the Kernaghan season?

No. I'd put McPake in 2nd place in any "Worst Managers You've seen" thread, behind Kernaghan.

Kernaghan was another absolute doozie from the Marrs. Duffy was canned after a cup defeat away to Stranraer, though iirc we were unbeaten in League games having beaten QoS and St Mirren quite convincingly and I think drawn with Clyde. However a section of fans were on Duffy's back and the Marrs caved, binning Duffy and appointing Kernaghan. I'm not sure the useless c**t even had a dressing room to lose. We were utterly abject under him ,with the cherry on top of a particularly shit cake being a 7-0 drubbing at Airdrie where he took the huff at not getting the game called off (we had several players down with flu) and decided to play a load of the youth players. It was an absolute fucking minter. IIRC he also lost 0-4 there WITH the first team. Other "highlights" I can vaguely remember include getting a 4-2 home cunting off Hamilton and of course Gretna pissing all over us on live TV in the semi at Hampden.

He was a joke appointment that set the club back for some time. I actually think sticking by Duffy would have seen us promoted again that season. We had a decent squad, but Kernaghan had no idea how to manage them and clearly the squad hated him. We finished 6th or 7th that season I think. 

McPake is fucking woeful, however if Nelms has the sense to bin him before he can do much more damage Kerno's No1 spot is safe. 

Speaking from afar, and not seeing the Arbroath game (so very much open to criticism) but based on previous games, Dorrans does not deserve his place in the team, he is living off his reputation, and anyone else playing like he is, would get slaughtered. 

I also ponder if Livi have done us again, did we pay for Byrne, but get an under 12 player instead, because the player we got is almost Meekings level of bad. 

Im standing by my opinion that McPake is the worst boss we have had, considering the squad we have, he couldn’t really be doing a worse job.