All things Dundee FC

First that James Murphy fella who trialed for us and joined Arbroath, and now this side. Wonder how many subpar American players we're going to be forced to give a chance.

Will guess this guy won't command much of a wage, and he had decent stats for the US 2nd tier, but it's hard to judge how respectable that really is.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

This season is a disaster.

Summed up by Forster last weekend.

Who could of called it being this bad? Oh ye,  just about every c**t who had an iota of sense about McPake''s appointment.

The title race is over by December and we'll be papped out the play-offs by Inverness. 

The defence was needing strengthened in the summer and we brought in Forster to play alongside Cammy. Mackie has turned out to be worse than Cammy, which is some doing.

On the positive side of things, I don't think as a squad we are too far away. Certainly additions need made - A CH and a winger being the priorities with a keeper being welcome. But other than that, we have a good squad that just needs managed correctly IMO.

Potentially this Yank is being lined up to replace the "out-of-favour" Nelson??? (Have heard rumours about offield issues for his absence.)

IMHO, you can never have too many options up front, but agree there are a several positions that need strengthening first - Manager, Central defence, left-back cover, winger who can cross the ball effectively, goalie etc etc.

Only Dundee FC could look back on their last three managerial appointment's and find them to be a sky pundit, ex rival striker and a youth coach who wasn't even a great player. We have to start looking at the clowns in charge here.

I'm calling for the death of the clowns in charge. They're getting off Scott-free.

No doubt the Americans are backing the managers , but at the moment it's like ploughing money into Granny Danger becoming an Olympic athlete. Choose the right fit and maybe we'll be able to jump the mighty hurdles of Morton away and Queen of the South at home.

Who are the board members who are sitting round the table and making these decisions? Get your act together you fucking clueless twats.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Potentially this Yank is being lined up to replace the "out-of-favour" Nelson??? (Have heard rumours about offield issues for his absence.)

IMHO, you can never have too many options up front, but agree there are a several positions that need strengthening first - Manager, Central defence, left-back cover, winger who can cross the ball effectively, goalie etc etc.

McPake saying Nelson should be back for Saturday. Had to take an injection to the foot.

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Foster Langsdorf has a good YouTube video of his goals, I’m not gonna post it, we’ve been burned thrice already with the highlight reels of Moussa , tankulic and yordi

I mean that can be said of any and every football player that has either a good agent or an Adobe PremierPro subscription.

Still surprised yous haven't punted McPake yet. Reckon a loss to Arbroath will be the death nail?

8 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Foster Langsdorf has a good YouTube video of his goals, I’m not gonna post it, we’ve been burned thrice already with the highlight reels of Moussa , tankulic and yordi

His video only showed me he can do what Johnson and Hemmings can do, but this is at least partly due to the bad defending he is up against.

3 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Can’t wait to see how he reacts to being booed by his own fans after 15 minutes.

God I hope not, the booing is an absolute minter. Part of me would get a kick out of it though, going from super friendly American reserve games with under 500 attendees to getting screamed at by 5,000 raging Dees. Would be quite the culture shock I assume.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

mackie should be sent back to hibs. horrific player

It's bad when that cheeky run he had in front of the mainstand was met by a surprised gasp from the folk around me. He is dreadful, not sure if that's him though or being played too far forward for his liking.

Just now, Crawford said:

It's bad when that cheeky run he had in front of the mainstand was met by a surprised gasp from the folk around me. He is dreadful, not sure if that's him though or being played too far forward for his liking.

I always think he does far better going forward than playing in his "natural" position. Mental how he's classed a left back and not a winger.

Asked a Portlander for an analysis of Foster's game, here's what I got:

"Foster has an eye for the goal & is a hard worker. He’s an active striker who is constantly is in motion, he splits the defenders, & works explosively on overlaps near the 18 yd box. If he has support from the mid & wings, & they understand his timing, then he can pound in goals."

"If he has support from the mid & wings".... yeah, he's fucked.