All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because Hendry is shite, and the other three were quality. 

Hendry was brilliant for us. Deserved his move. Confidence has been shot to pieces after an initial dodgy spell at Celtic and doesn't look like he'll get a chance to redeem himself. He'd easily slot in for a team wanting a ball playing CH at most clubs in Scotland.

He was considerably better for us than say Declan Gallagher, who played for us at a similar stage of his career.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Stopped reading Jack Hamilton’s interview in tonight’s Tele at “he’s been excellent all season” when describing Forster.  Must think our heads zip up the back. 

Aye he should have been honest and said he was shite.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hendry was brilliant for us. Deserved his move. Confidence has been shot to pieces after an initial dodgy spell at Celtic and doesn't look like he'll get a chance to redeem himself. He'd easily slot in for a team wanting a ball playing CH at most clubs in Scotland.

He was considerably better for us than say Declan Gallagher, who played for us at a similar stage of his career.

If I were in charge at Aberdeen, I’d  be asking Celtic to take McKenna for Hendry and a million or so, as he has been so highly rated during the last wee while. Would take Hendry over him every day.

5 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

What were we supposed to do, tie him down to a contract for life? Not much a club can do if a player doesn’t want to extend their contract.

I obviously don’t know the finances of our club but I think accepting £50k for Kamara was short sighted.  By allowing one of our best players of the last 25 years plus to leave for so little it sends out a message to all future players, agents and clubs that Dundee will be easy to deal with if a player is nearing the end of their contract.

We could have told Kamara, his agent and Rangers that we would categorically not accept a deal in January without a sell on clause.  We could have then let it be known that if no agreement was made and Kamara did stay on to complete his contract he would not play another game for us.

Would Kamara and Rangers run the risk of Kamara effectively being out of the game for the rest of the season?  I don’t know.  

We will never know because Nelms thought it was more important that Kamara was sold so that McIntyre could have more money to invest in his squad.  Without the anticipated £50k from Kamara maybe Nelms knew there wasn’t enough money to sign Davies.

I am perfectly willing to accept I may be completely wrong about all this but I’m afraid Nelms does not fill me with confidence he is best suited to negotiating contracts and deals.

7 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

If I were in charge at Aberdeen, I’d  be asking Celtic to take McKenna for Hendry and a million or so, as he has been so highly rated during the last wee while. Would take Hendry over him every day.

Good shout, no point the sheep signing him though, McInnes would have him on the left wing.

When Celtic signed Hendry they should have loaned him back to ya for the rest of the season as he was still developing and having first team football, fortunately for both Celtic and Hendry he is still young enough to A. Improve as a player B. Be shifted on by Celtic for a nominal fee for anyone willing to take a punt?

I’ll be absolutely raging if we lose Johnson.

Hamilton

Kerr
Meetings (if fit)
McGhee
Marshall (if fit)

McPake
McGowan
Dorrans
McDaid

Johnson
Hemmings

Forster needs binned.
Toss up between McGowan and Byrne.
Likewise with McPake and Todd.

Would rather go with Todd as McPake doesn't have a future at the club and hasn't played at all since he joined.

Has to start Johnson, and Forster has to be dropped after Saturday. Qots did the quickest thing they could do to score a second goal at the weekend, and that was to kick it straight to Forster. Absolute donkey.

Feel McGhee has been our best performing and most consistent CB, yet is being dragged down to the level of Meekings and Forster.

We badly need to sign a competent CB in January, aswell as a LB.

Mackie is pish, and I'm glad people are starting to see what I've been saying since he joined. A tap in against a pish alloa team isn't going to change the fact he's shite, contrary to what some people said at the time, about putting "solid shifts in".

Less said about Byrne the better. I've wasted too much of my time speaking about him. Just shite. Robertson should be playing every week imo.

10 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Does anyone else remember when we were apparently inundated with cv’s from all over the world before Nelms just walked to the window and shouted “Oi, JAMESY!!! YOU ALRIGHT BEING TO GAFFER??”

How very dare you DTotal.  Nelms said something to the effect that he carried out a significant review of qualities he was looking for in the new manager (after the debacle of the McIntyre appointment) and that McPake was the outstanding candidate.

Then again, Nelms also said that prior to deciding McIntyre / Dodds was the correct appointment he sounded out a number of Dundee minded people to see if they thought the appointment could be a problem and that none of the people he spoke to thought it would be.  Strangely enough every Dundee fan I spoke to thought it would be a problem.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's the nature of the size of club we are. Large part of luck plays a part. We were in a strong position with Jack Hendry and got good money for him.

We can gamble with 3 year deals and get burned more often than not for the odd Jack Hendry situation or we can be more cautious and hand out a 2 year deal like we did with Kamara. If the player has a fantastic first season and doesn't want to extend, time is of the essence and as far as I'm aware, no bids were put forward that summer.

Even looking across the road - They've been burned plenty. GMS was worth more than the £250,000 they got for example.

When Kamara first played for us he wasn't great, not surprisingly with his lack of first team football. He then had a spell when he was improving drastically but was well under the radar of other clubs. That was the point we should have been offering a new contract. As usual we left it way too late and then there was too much speculation for any offer we were making to match the rumours 

Mackie is pish, and I'm glad people are starting to see what I've been saying since he joined. A tap in against a pish alloa team isn't going to change the fact he's shite, contrary to what some people said at the time, about putting "solid shifts in".

He has a couple of half decent spells in games playing left midfield but I can’t remember a single poster who suggested he was anything other than absolute pish at left back.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

He has a couple of half decent spells in games playing left midfield but I can’t remember a single poster who suggested he was anything other than absolute pish at left back.

Exactly, anyone who saw what he did in the Elgin game was practically slapped in the face with it.

How very dare you DTotal.  Nelms said something to the effect that he carried out a significant review of qualities he was looking for in the new manager (after the debacle of the McIntyre appointment) and that McPake was the outstanding candidate.

Then again, Nelms also said that prior to deciding McIntyre / Dodds was the correct appointment he sounded out a number of Dundee minded people to see if they thought the appointment could be a problem and that none of the people he spoke to thought it would be.  Strangely enough every Dundee fan I spoke to thought it would be a problem.

Sorry must be my mistake, Nelms must see something that the rest of the football world doesn’t see, a little known fitba guru

Probably had nothing to do with the fact he was the cheapest option

Easiest and cheapest option.  I haven't a fucking clue what the c***s  running the club are thinking,  don't  think they do either! Think they're just playing at it and making it up as they go. If we're 6th or 7th soon I don't think we can complain one bit, the football's been utter shite and if nothing changes we can forget about a playoff place too