All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I really hope it is that.  Given past interviews I can’t help but worry it’s more a case of when things aren’t going well, remind everyone it’s not just himself who is to blame.

Of course it's blame deflection. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I really hope it is that.  Given past interviews I can’t help but worry it’s more a case of when things aren’t going well, remind everyone it’s not just himself who is to blame.

He also blatantly said there was going to be a change in formation, but I also believe this to be a change in approach tactically. I think he knows he needs to try something different in order to find success, or else he'll absolutely lose his chance here. I'm still of the mindset that this situation can be recovered, and McPake changing tack, admitting his style isn't working and taking advice from his more experienced colleagues could possibly be a foot in the right direction. I hope this is the case, but we need to see a drastically different attitude walking onto Gayfield Park to do this.

You get the impression that McPake is in a similar state that Hartley was at the end of his tenure, utter despondency, looking lost, out of specific ideas, willingness to try anything. It wouldn't surprise me if we see something completely different against Arbroath, but probably not with a positive outcome.

I thought the team shape looked better against QoS, well for the first 15 minutes anyway, then we just collapsed. Any slight set back and we seem to throw in the towel, theres a complete lack of fight, self belief etc amongst us right now, which is worrying.

I don't know if its a trait specific to Scottish/British managers, but they need to get rid of their entrenched belief to one system of play, the only ethos required is to win games. We saw McCann and McPake at close quarters, theres been Caldwell, Levein, Heckingbottom etc this season all get punted because they were inflexible to change. Fans will accept dire fitba to a degree, if you're winning games, but playing Levein punts and getting beat, or McCann pointless passing and getting beat, even Heckingbottom who seemed to play decent football, but couldn't win, only intensifies dislike amongst paying customers. Managers simply must understand this basic issue, win games, strangely I don't think they get this incredibly.

Fairly obvious that we don't. Don't know why that's even newsworthy. He had already signed a PCA, why would Rangers agree to give away a percentage of future profit when all they had to do was wait a matter of months? Would be absolutely madness on their part.

Don't blame the hierarchy for that tbh. We were in a very weak negotiating position.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fairly obvious that we don't. Don't know why that's even newsworthy. He had already signed a PCA, why would Rangers agree to give away a percentage of future profit when all they had to do was wait a matter of months? Would be absolutely madness on their part.

Don't blame the hierarchy for that tbh. We were in a very weak negotiating position.

Again....

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

No sell-on clause for Dundee if Glen Kamara leaves Rangers https://t.co/HZoyKKcpRY https://t.co/l6fzwc03Mh

I am for one shocked.

The only shock for me was that we let him go tbh. Keeping a player of that quality for another 5 months against getting  50k in the bank should’ve really been a no brainier. 

Edited by Yenitit

25 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Again....

It's the nature of the size of club we are. Large part of luck plays a part. We were in a strong position with Jack Hendry and got good money for him.

We can gamble with 3 year deals and get burned more often than not for the odd Jack Hendry situation or we can be more cautious and hand out a 2 year deal like we did with Kamara. If the player has a fantastic first season and doesn't want to extend, time is of the essence and as far as I'm aware, no bids were put forward that summer.

Even looking across the road - They've been burned plenty. GMS was worth more than the £250,000 they got for example.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll forever baffle me you got more for Jack Hendry than for Kamara, Stewart and Hemmings combined.

Why? 

Kamara was signed on a PCA, Stewart was in the last year of his deal and Hemmings had a release clause.

Player transfer fees aren't just dependent on ability.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Why? 

Kamara was signed on a PCA, Stewart was in the last year of his deal and Hemmings had a release clause.

Player transfer fees aren't just dependent on ability.

Because Hendry is shite, and the other three were quality. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because Hendry is shite, and the other three were quality. 

I’ll disagree about Hendry. A huge part of our game plan was built through his ability on the ball. Going to Celtic has appeared to ruin him. Hardly played any 1st team football to being thrown in at the deep end at right back in the Champions League. Between that and the Celtic fans blaming him for just about everything and slaughtering him on social media has I’d imagine totally ruined the guy’s confidence. Hopefully he sees out his contact at Celtic that sets him up for life as a get it up them to those who have slaughtered him. 

Edited by Yenitit