All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:
26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
Did he not inherit a good side at Inverness from Butcher then leave them in a mess when he was punted?

He certainly did. Great coach but his recruitment is shocking.

Well f**k, all the recruitment has already been done here...

3 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:
25 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
Did he not inherit a good side at Inverness from Butcher then leave them in a mess when he was punted?

He certainly did. Great coach but his recruitment is shocking.

Trying to remember back, I remembered the ICT fans weren’t too chuffed with him at the end. 

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't see why so many people turn their nose up at John Hughes because he's got a terrible accent. Some of the stuff he says reminds me of stuff I've heard DC say, just that DC doesn't have a yokel accent.

Hughes teams at Falkirk and Inverness were both great teams to watch I thought and in comparison to where they both are now he done really good jobs with them both.

The Raith disaster seems to be have ruined his prospects

He took Butchers ICT side to the Scottish Cup, then completely blew that side apart and set them well down the path they're on by spending a fortune they couldn't afford on absolute dross. That follows from him inheriting an underperforming Hibs side, who he then blew apart within a season which saw them finish 10th the next season, and set them down the path to relegation by spending a fortune on absolute dross. 

Thats ignoring him failing to save Hartlepool from the drop, or failing to outperform Gary Bollan at Livingston.

His Raith spell is rightfully held as the nadir. His win percentage was lower than Gary fucking Lockes with the same players. When he took charge they were 8th, 4 clear of 9th and 11 clear of 10th. By the end of the season he had them 6 points off the bottom.

Hes absolutely fucking shite and I'm utterly clueless why people constantly try and talk him up based on what he achieved at Falkirk over 10 years ago.

If we had the finances, which we apparently do not when it comes to managerial appointments, Nathan Jones, ex Luton Town and latterly Stoke City would build something really special at our current and proposed level of Scottish football.  Seriously doubt whether he would be interested tbh, however if don't ask you don't get.   (Recently spoken to by Hibernian prior to to the Jack Ross appointment, who btw had a vastly inferior record in English football with far greater resources).

Failing that, everyone seems to forget the wonderful fire-fighting and partial re-building job Gary Holt has achieved at Livingston whilst maintaining a competitive team on the park with what appears very little finances.  Considerably superior candidate compared to some of the usual suspects mentioned already.

Anyways, James McPake's jotters, get them feckin completed, asap.  Please end this shambolic, cost-cutting embarrassing "experiment".

Thank you and best regards  

Edited by This Charming Man

He took Butchers ICT side to the Scottish Cup, then completely blew that side apart and set them well down the path they're on by spending a fortune they couldn't afford on absolute dross. That follows from him inheriting an underperforming Hibs side, who he then blew apart within a season which saw them finish 10th the next season, and set them down the path to relegation by spending a fortune on absolute dross. 
Thats ignoring him failing to save Hartlepool from the drop, or failing to outperform Gary Bollan at Livingston.
His Raith spell is rightfully held as the nadir. His win percentage was lower than Gary fucking Lockes with the same players. When he took charge they were 8th, 4 clear of 9th and 11 clear of 10th. By the end of the season he had them 6 points off the bottom.
Hes absolutely fucking shite and I'm utterly clueless why people constantly try and talk him up based on what he achieved at Falkirk over 10 years ago.

Done this to death with you and I agree with some of your points.... He is nowhere near as bad as what gets made out though, it's at the point that he'll probably never get another chance again, which is mad when you consider some of the people that have and continue to

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Done this to death with you and I agree with some of your points.... He is nowhere near as bad as what gets made out though, it's at the point that he'll probably never get another chance again, which is mad when you consider some of the people that have and continue to

His only successes this decade have been when he's taken charge of good teams, who he then turns shite. Give him a shite side and he simply makes it worse.

Its wrong that dross managers continuously get other chances, but that wouldnt make it right to add Hughes to their number. Hes atrocious.

Neil McCann absolutely broke Tommy Wright.

No thanks.

Peter Houston has retired from management I thought. He wouldn't get the required time due to being a DAB. 

Someone like the Nathan Jones shout greatly interests me. I'm fed up of Scottish shite and dregs. Let's look at English shite and dregs for a change or go full out foreign for Morten Wieghorst.

In fact just appoint Wieghorst. 

Edited by Ludo*1

22 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We are just waiting on Tommy Wright anyway. Needs a crack at a big club imo.

Would you want him? 

By all accounts hes applied for four jobs while with us, and haven't got a single interview (while dross like Stubbs and Ross got moves), and since then he's been entirely focused on building a squad that will get him noticed rather than what we need. Just now we're a soft as shite, inexperienced side who pass the ball about in their own half then ship embarrassing goals before completely chucking it. An absolutely massive chunk of our wage bill has been chucked at Swanson, O'Halloran, Kennedy and May, while our starting defence includes Junior level shite like Ralston and Duffy. 

Whatever he had, he's lost it trying to become something hes not.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm fed up of Scottish shite and dregs.

I've been thinking about who's available due to our situation. Absolutely zero point hiring your Hughes/Pressley/Coyle/McCall types, after a year you're just back in the same position. No point going for folk like John Robertson, who absolutely reek of a manager whos perfect for the club they're at. 

Definitely shouldn't be a current player or anyone currently coaching at the club.

Fire out CVs and see what happens. If you fail with a brave appointment at least you've given yourself a chance of success long term, hiring a manager you know will fail within 2 years is utterly pointless.

I've been thinking about who's available due to our situation. Absolutely zero point hiring your Hughes/Pressley/Coyle/McCall types, after a year you're just back in the same position. No point going for folk like John Robertson, who absolutely reek of a manager whos perfect for the club they're at. 
Definitely shouldn't be a current player or anyone currently coaching at the club.
Fire out CVs and see what happens. If you fail with a brave appointment at least you've given yourself a chance of success long term, hiring a manager you know will fail within 2 years is utterly pointless.

Isn’t it candidates who fire IN CV’s rather than employers firing them OUT?

How can someone only be capable of managing 1 club?

You’re back to talking absolute shite again.

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Isn’t it candidates who fire IN CV’s rather than employers firing them OUT?

How can someone only be capable of managing 1 club?

You’re back to talking absolute shite again.

I wrote out instead of in.

Some managers fit at clubs. John Robertson feels like that type. He tries a similar style at Dundee it doesn't work as he doesn't have the players, and your fanbase gets enraged because its "negative".