All things Dundee FC

McLeish isn't up to much...

See, this is why I was so hesitant. There's fucking nobody out there unless we poach someone else's manager.

Had we the money and the gumption (and had he not recently just signed a new contract) I'd consider somebody like Ian Murray, Airdrie's manager, a prime candidate to swoop in and nick.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

See, this is why I was so hesitant. There's fucking nobody out there unless we poach someone else's manager.

Had we the money and the gumption (and had he not recently just signed a new contract) I'd consider somebody like Ian Murray, Airdrie's manager, a prime candidate to swoop in and nick.

He was an utter disaster at St Mirren. But that's the sort we should be looking at. The likes of Stewart Petrie, Murray, Hartley, Darren Young and James McDonagh are the club managers doing well at the moment.

I don't know if it's a good thing that Hartley looks like the most attractive option for me.

Still plenty to play for this season because of the playoffs. The season isn’t done for yet if we change the manager. Getting Marshall back, sign a centrehalf, left midfielder and goalkeeper in January, send back Mackie & McPake to their club’s January 1st, stick with a midfield pairing of Dorrans and Byrne, play 2 from 3 of Hemmings, Johnson and Nelson in a front 2 every week and we’ll comfortably make the playoffs. Continue as we are going with this slow possession based tactic and worrying more about the defensive aspect of the game then we are fucked. 

Another mind boggling thing about McPake yesterday was he only made 2 substitutions yesterday and they were purely down to injuries forcing his hand. He then leaves Byrne on the bench when Robertson got injured and brings on Moore who without being harsh on the laddie and I hope he doesn’t read this, isn’t going to make it at this level unless he greatly improves. Just an another utterly useless day at the office yesterday from the manager. 

Edited by Yenitit

Still plenty to play for this season because of the playoffs. The season isn’t done for yet if we change the manager. Getting Marshall back, sign a centrehalf, left midfielder and goalkeeper in January, send back Mackie & McPake to their club’s January 1st, stick with a midfield pairing of Dorrans and Byrne, play 2 from 3 of Hemmings, Johnson and Nelson in a front 2 every week and we’ll comfortably make the playoffs. Continue as we are going with this slow possession based tactic and worrying more about the defensive aspect of the game then we are fucked. 

Another mind boggling thing about McPake yesterday was he only made 2 substitutions yesterday and they were purely down to injuries forcing his hand. He then leaves Byrne on the bench when Robertson got injured and brings on Moore who without being harsh on the laddie and I hope he doesn’t read this, isn’t going to make it at this level unless he greatly improves. Just an another utterly useless day at the office yesterday from the manager. 

That’s ridiculously harsh on Moore who I thought had some decent touches.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

That’s ridiculously harsh on Moore who I thought had some decent touches.

All about opinions. Seen him a few times and don’t think he offers enough as brutal as that might be. 1 thing I’m sure we’ll be in agreement and everyone else who watch our games is that he should never have been on before Byrne. 

27 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’d actually take Yogi until the end of the season.

Yogi’s a massive no from me. He’ll struggle to get another job in football after his letting the physio pick the team/do the team talk  fiasco whilst Raith were in freefall and eventually went down and haven’t recovered since. McKinnon had the same team pushing for promotion the year before that Gary Locke then Yogi went down with. Doubt the loss of Lewis Toshney to Yenited had that much effect. 

Yogi, Locke, Butcher, Presley are the names in the running for most jobs up here that are a definite no no for me. 

Edited by Yenitit

All about opinions. Seen him a few times and don’t think he offers enough as brutal as that might be. 1 thing I’m sure we’ll be in agreement and everyone else who watch our games is that he should never have been on before Byrne. 

I think Byrne has been dogshite so far. I’m just not seeing this breaks up play and protects the back 4 thang - unless folk mean he breaks up our play and protects the opposition back 4.

We are 1 down, trying to get and equaliser and offering fuçk all and you think bringing on a defensive mid is the way forward.

It’s all about opinions and I know feck all about football really but it’s a no from me.

And if Yogi turns up that will be the tin lid for me. The man’s a moron.

I think Byrne has been dogshite so far. I’m just not seeing this breaks up play and protects the back 4 thang - unless folk mean he breaks up our play and protects the opposition back 4.

We are 1 down, trying to get and equaliser and offering fuçk all and you think bringing on a defensive mid is the way forward.

It’s all about opinions and I know feck all about football really but it’s a no from me.

And if Yogi turns up that will be the tin lid for me. The man’s a moron.

Don't see why so many people turn their nose up at John Hughes because he's got a terrible accent. Some of the stuff he says reminds me of stuff I've heard DC say, just that DC doesn't have a yokel accent.

Hughes teams at Falkirk and Inverness were both great teams to watch I thought and in comparison to where they both are now he done really good jobs with them both.

The Raith disaster seems to be have ruined his prospects

30 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Isn’t Moore a defensive midfielder as well? Doesn’t look like his game is box to box or opening up teams with his range of passing so I think that’s probably what he is. With the options on the bench Byrne would’ve been the better option. Couldn’t leave Dorrans as the only central midfielder on the park, got our erses felt trying that against Partick. 

For what it’s worth I’d have put Byrne on for Robertson and McPake for Todd and went 4-4-2 with a midfield of McDaid, Dorrans, Byrne and McPake telling the 2 wide players to get high and wide up the park, get crosses in the box and tell the fullback on whatever side we have the ball on to get forward and support the wide men and make sure their 1st thought was to get the ball forward early instead of backwards and inside. 

What would you have went for?

Edited by Yenitit

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't see why so many people turn their nose up at John Hughes because he's got a terrible accent. Some of the stuff he says reminds me of stuff I've heard DC say, just that DC doesn't have a yokel accent.

Hughes teams at Falkirk and Inverness were both great teams to watch I thought and in comparison to where they both are now he done really good jobs with them both.

The Raith disaster seems to be have ruined his prospects

Did he not inherit a good side at Inverness from Butcher then leave them in a mess when he was punted?

Doubt he would take the step down