All things Dundee FC

Bunch of 'fashion victims' IMO. Although, Davies the c**t looks like he's sporting a Rolex Daytona.
Aye, and we paid for it.[emoji16][emoji16]

In our all time crock Hall of Fame he must beat even Colin Cameron, and whichever of the Youngs was theoretically on our books

What your going through is just what we experienced when we dropped into this division. We believed we were too good to be in this position and expected to come back up in one season. This was/is disrespectful to the other teams. They have seen their income increase over the past few seasons with Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and United bringing large away supports. They have filled their teams with experienced pros whilst not necessarily the most talented, these guys and the experienced managers know how to grind out results. Meanwhile, United and now Dundee frequently change managers and players usually overpaid players who flatter to deceive. 

These constant changes get you nowhere, only this season does it look like Utd have the manager, established team and structure behind the scenes to hopefully get us up, but it’s a difficult and expensive journey.

In my opinion, for what it’s worth, Dundee need to accept it’s not going to be a quick fix, look for some stability, invest in the youth team and as painful as it will be, look at the long term.

I still worry if Utd go up and after the last few seasons I am not taking that for granted, we could come straight down again, teams like Hamilton, Livingstone Ross County and St Johnstone with less resources consistently out perform us both, obviously good management an established structure and living within their means (ok some have a wealthy support) is the way forward.

22 minutes ago, Sixtyplus said:

What your going through is just what we experienced when we dropped into this division. We believed we were too good to be in this position and expected to come back up in one season. This was/is disrespectful to the other teams. They have seen their income increase over the past few seasons with Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and United bringing large away supports. They have filled their teams with experienced pros whilst not necessarily the most talented, these guys and the experienced managers know how to grind out results. Meanwhile, United and now Dundee frequently change managers and players usually overpaid players who flatter to deceive. 

These constant changes get you nowhere, only this season does it look like Utd have the manager, established team and structure behind the scenes to hopefully get us up, but it’s a difficult and expensive journey.

In my opinion, for what it’s worth, Dundee need to accept it’s not going to be a quick fix, look for some stability, invest in the youth team and as painful as it will be, look at the long term.

I still worry if Utd go up and after the last few seasons I am not taking that for granted, we could come straight down again, teams like Hamilton, Livingstone Ross County and St Johnstone with less resources consistently out perform us both, obviously good management an established structure and living within their means (ok some have a wealthy support) is the way forward.

So, we just stick with a manager who has quite clearly lost the plot, and hope for the best?

45 minutes ago, Sixtyplus said:

I can’t see us throwing £10m of losses over 3 seasons at it to get out of this league, or I certainly fuckin hope not!

45 minutes ago, Sixtyplus said:

Thats a decent post, however, the manager is utter dog shit. You went through 3? managers until you got one that worked, we cant stick on 1 for continuities sake.

48 minutes ago, Sixtyplus said:

Our problem was not punting managers quickly enough.

McNamara should have been punted at the end of the 14/15 season; Laszlo should have been punted at the end of the 17/18 season.  We paid the price for these things not happening.

McPake is not suddenly going to become a good manager.  Objectively speaking if he’s not up to the job he should go.

Subjectively I hop he stays!

52 minutes ago, Sixtyplus said:

The counter point to that is that we also stuck with McKinnon and Laszlo long after it was clear to almost everyone that they weren't up to it. Sticking with that muppet Csaba, in particular, was an expensive mistake.

We have been lucky so far in that our American investor anticipated that investment was needed, whether he anticipated how much, only time will tell, but the changes behind the scenes suggest stronger foundations than we’ve had for some time. However I am well aware it could all go pear shaped if he were to withdraw his support.

you guys know better than me if your current manager should be given time, what I am saying is an instant return to the premier league looks ambitious this season. If a new manager is appointed, I hope for your sake it’s someone who is given time to build a team that will compete, it has taken us 3 years and we’re not there yet, just suggesting you learn from our mistakes. Two strong teams in Dundee can only be good for both of us

1 hour ago, Sixtyplus said:

What we are going through is similar to what happened to United

You appointed McNamara, then Mixu, then McKinnon.  The last two in particular were joke appointments from your point of view.  Never in a million years were Mixu or McKinnon even remotely good enough.  

We have appointed McCann, then McIntyre, then McPake.  All three joke appointments for different reasons.

Without a decent manager you have no chance.

• Edited to say I forgot all about Csaba 😀
Edited by Shadow Play

18 minutes ago, Sixtyplus said:

We have been lucky so far in that our American investor anticipated that investment was needed, whether he anticipated how much, only time will tell, but the changes behind the scenes suggest stronger foundations than we’ve had for some time. However I am well aware it could all go pear shaped if he were to withdraw his support.

you guys know better than me if your current manager should be given time, what I am saying is an instant return to the premier league looks ambitious this season. If a new manager is appointed, I hope for your sake it’s someone who is given time to build a team that will compete, it has taken us 3 years and we’re not there yet, just suggesting you learn from our mistakes. Two strong teams in Dundee can only be good for both of us

McPake has well and truly buggered this season, to allow him to continue puts next season in the bin already. By getting rid of him, and (in theory) getting someone decent, we have a chance next season.

Hoping that an abject failure, who has no redeeming managerial features, will improve is absolutely ridiculous, he has to go.

My fear is if we do dispatch of McPake there's a serial list of terrible managers out there right now that would arguably be worse:

Steven Pressley, John Hughes, Terry Butcher, Mark McGhee and Stuart McCall all looking for a gig. McCall would be infinitely better than mcpake but I just don't like him hence his inclusion.

Derek Adams? Would John Robertson apply again and not be a lying shitebag this time? Dare I say it, Ian McCall since it's going swimmingly at Partick Thistle? Jocky is obviously a joke suggestion as he won't be on the list of candidates.

There's not much out there if Strachan doesn't want the gig.